Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299350 times)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2009, 11:45:59 am »

but I'm sure the developer would apreciate you buying a lifetime lisence.
Or if you are like me and lose your license info all the time :-[, the lifetime license is good cuz Sami will go out of his way to look it up for you...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2009, 02:45:51 pm »

I bought the lifetime registration a good many years ago after first buying a single version license (back then he only had the major version and lifetime version, the $3 minor version thing is relatively new), and I still keep coming back to this little gem of his. It has changed quite a lot since I first bought it. The cool thing about the lifetime license here is that URW seems to be Sami's lifelong hobby (he's been going at it for over a decade so far), so instead of a license to the life of a single game (which these days is quite short) you are getting a license to the results of the guy's hobby for his lifetime. The creator is a nice guy, so if you like the game definitely buy it to support his hobby.

The features that he's been posting about for the new version look pretty cool. He's adding a revamped tracking system that creates tracks as animals move around, so you can follow them if they run from you as long as your character can track. He's also revamping the cold system and making frostbite less common, so you can actually do stuff during the winter. The combination of those two features mean you will be able to go out during the winter and track things in the snow, which sounds kinda cool. Lots of other little things he's been posting about too - like giving npcs bows and making npcs have a line of sight and view direction like the player does so you can sneak behind them and stuff. I'll probably be sucked back in for at least a few more weeks of playing when the new version comes out :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2009, 05:14:48 pm »

How old is dwarf fortress? when i asked on the forums they said it was 18 years old.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2009, 05:16:48 pm »

How old is dwarf fortress? when i asked on the forums they said it was 18 years old.

Began in 2002, according to the homepage.

Still, shows that people can't tell the difference between DF and other roguelikes.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2009, 05:29:14 pm »

I also got a lifetime license about a year or so ago...this despite not having been able to get around to actually PLAY the game any after getting it registered and such.   :D   Tis alright though, mainly it was for a show of support for a worthy endeavor---pretty much same reason I bought Legerdemain though the Journal and Map were/are spiffy in general.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2009, 11:29:58 pm »

I just bought the one version registration. I am very excited to get playing  :P

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2009, 03:46:03 am »

that excitment is going to turn to boredom real fast. That only thing i had left to look foward too was surviving winter. I had more then enough wood and food, full clothing, and got all the tools and could wipe out anything in my path......I beat the game before winter was over.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2009, 05:07:07 am »

The game is in development.

As most "One Man Ambitious Game Project"'s are.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2009, 06:45:23 pm »

You say it will turn to boredom fast, but if thats the case why have I been pulled back into the game over and over for the past couple years? It might be boring for some, but not for everyone. I find single player FPS games to be rather boring, but many people love them.

I for one find fun in doing simple survival things in the game - setting and checking traps, fishing, farming, building up a house, collecting furs from foxes and the like. It will be better once Sami adds in more things to do on that front, but it definitely has its charms. Plus, raiding Njerpez camps with your impromptu raiding party of hunters and trappers and dogs is fun. :)

Next version should see a lot more challenge when fighting humans, since they'll have bows and such. Plus the map will be huge and you'll be able to travel all the way from the western coast over to the lands of the foreign raiders (called Njerpez in the game).

It's not for everyone, but then again neither is Dwarf Fortress.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2009, 11:18:20 pm »

I raid camps by myself. And the least repetitivity thing you have is the shops have different items.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 07:01:38 am by Micro102 »

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2009, 08:52:46 pm »

Some vagabond thought it would be funny to attack me while I was starving. Needless to say he is tasty  ;D

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2009, 09:43:20 pm »

I'm really bored so I made Derp Kaumolainen and started him with the village scenario in Driik territory.
I walked in and taped down the right key.

It isn't helping. :(

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2009, 12:57:43 pm »

Buyed it yesterday, till now 6+ hours of great fun and its getting better for 2€.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 15, 2009, 05:11:09 pm »

Buyed it yesterday, till now 6+ hours of great fun and its getting better for 2€.

How many people have you killed?  :)

I think I killed about 3 or so in my first 6 hours of playing ...

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2009, 05:14:53 pm »

Oh, I've burned close to 3 villages completely and slaughtered the inhabitants. Me and my dog.  ;D
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 101