Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299287 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2009, 02:54:29 am »

Where is the new one?  Maybe I can help start filling it in.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2009, 05:49:10 am »

http://urw.omgwallhack.org/
This is the alleged site. It is emptier than I remember it to be.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2009, 09:49:34 am »

That's is quite empty.  Perhaps I shall donate some of my time to expanding it when I am supposed to be planning lessons...

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2009, 01:14:53 am »

Maybe contents of the old one can be accessed through google cache? It is somewhat possible to read old Some.Aw. forum threads through the cache without any kind of registration.

www.archive.org is also a way to extract content from passed away sites - slow but eventually working.

Personally I hate doing redundant work when a copy-paste option can net the same results.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2009, 02:12:06 am »

The google cash was deleted, which is why the problem is here. This wiki used to be fuller, but it looks like the adbots got to it and it was nuked.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2009, 02:45:47 am »

Why don't we start the new one back up again?  If we make a list of topics that would need to be covered, I'm more than happy to spend some of my free time compiling information.

Edit: I tried to make a username and log in to the wiki, but it won't let me.  Anyone else having problems?  Should we just start a new wiki somewhere that hasn't already been targeted and nuked by adbots?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:50:17 am by Sappho »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2009, 04:51:07 am »

I just figured a nifty trick to build my cottage with tons of logs/boards/slender trunks/whatever. First, you choose a spot, to be your settlement. Next to some river or shore. You start the cottage, that gives you an icon in the map. Now, this trick assumes you're making your cottage very close to the tile center (mine is 8x8 exactly in the middle of the tile, which is 50x50 squares) This is the spot where you normally appear when you zoom-in with enter.

You get a raft or punt, with a paddle, and go around the shores chopping trees and pushing them into your raft. Try not to chop trees that are too far away, like 2 or 3 squares away tops, so you can drag them quick, then move on. Repeat until you have all the trunks you want, including slender ones, specially for floor/ceilings. Now, get into your raft, move into the water, zoom out and go back to your settlement.

Now, here's the thing: you can zoom in/out on top of your raft and it will stay with you, with all the stuff on top. So, on the overland map, you move into the settlement, which will zoom you in automatically, except closer to the edge. This is the part where you normally would start moving your crap, but instead, hit enter to zoom out with your raft, and then zoom back in. This time, you'll spawn in the center of the map tile, where your cottage is, with all the stuff on top.

This is of course only useful if you're building in the center. If you build close to the water, just move your raft normally, park it on the shore and move your stuff.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2009, 10:58:27 am »

Well, I'm starting to gather information for a wiki.  I don't have any idea how to figure out things like how the starting skills are calculated, though; it seems to be some sort of combination of your culture and stats.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2009, 11:17:21 am »

There was something like that online, I'll dig it up later.

A tips section should be easy enough to get together, such as:

What to do in the winter, How to survive, Spirits and you, Combat tips, Encumberence: What do I not need? etc.

I'm more interested in prices though.

For reference:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Generally, things are measured in cuts of meat, and a trade happens when values break even.

The most expensive object in the game is worth 800 cuts, but I cannot remember what it was.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 03:04:58 pm by chaoticag »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2009, 12:22:15 pm »

The most expensive object in the game is worth 800 cuts, but I cannot remember what it was.
Long Mail Hauberk.
Well, I'm starting to gather information for a wiki.  I don't have any idea how to figure out things like how the starting skills are calculated, though; it seems to be some sort of combination of your culture and stats.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:25:29 pm by Blaze »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2009, 01:37:45 pm »

Is meat universally accepted in trades?  Sometimes I wish this game just had currency.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2009, 01:51:51 pm »

It is the universal trade good, but there used to be currency in it. It was scrapped for the barter system to reflect ancient Scandanavian custom. That was probably years ago, and money means nothing to indigenous tribes if the Native Americans taught us anything. Would you really hand over a spear for a lump of soft yellow metal that cannot be used for much?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2009, 02:24:07 pm »

Oh, I understand why there is a barter system rather than currency.  It would just be easier to use currency if it were available.  I mean, it's no less realistic than a shopkeeper buying 30 wooden cups of water during every transaction.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2009, 02:46:14 pm »

Wooden bowls are worth a lot more than mugs (~18 cuts), weigh practically nothing, and you can carve them for even more money.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 02:47:50 pm by Blaze »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2009, 02:50:06 pm »

I never managed to get into UW properly, something about those numerous photos of bearded nord people wearing furs, swing axes and shooting bows aways... Bothered me.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 101