Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299248 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2009, 05:02:31 am »

Pong has been out for years and I don't see anyone adding a third dimension or dragons.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2009, 03:58:38 pm »

Tetris has been out for years and I don't see anyone adding a third dimension or dragons.

I wish I could remember the name of this one 3d tetris game I played where you view a shaft from above.  It's no longer four-block patterns, it's actually tons of shapes now.  This was back in the late 80s, early 90s, I think... EGA, vector graphics.

It was hard and not too fun, but it was certainly unique :D
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2009, 04:40:42 pm »

Then it's not Tetris.

Tetris can only use Tetrominos. A specific type of shape.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2009, 05:04:59 pm »

Tetris has been out for years and I don't see anyone adding a third dimension...
Never seen Tetrisphere, eh?

If it has dragons I'm in.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2009, 02:56:54 am »

Hey there dwarfy friends!  I tried out this game and decided it was worth 2 euroes, so I bought the single version registration.  I just registered for an account on the message boards at the UrW site, but I need to wait for it to be approved, so I'll ask my question here in the hopes that one of you can help me sooner than that.

I finally finished building myself a small cabin and wanted to start building a fireplace inside for warmth in the winter as well as smoking meat, but when I try to build it it says I have to do so inside a building with a floor and ceiling.  My cabin is completely enclosed but the ground is still just packed dirt.  How the heck do I make floors?  There seems to be nothing on this in the help file and I can't find an option to do so anywhere in the game.  I want my fireplace!

Thanks guys!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2009, 02:59:35 am »

Same as you make walls. Then press "5"

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2009, 03:01:05 am »

yeh it should be in the same menue as the cabin walls, the middle peice.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2009, 03:04:51 am »

Ha!  I swear I read down that whole menu a bunch of times and somehow my eye just went straight over it.  Thanks, guys.  Now to complete my cabin!

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2009, 05:04:15 am »

Since this topic has been revived, could someone tell me what the hell am I supposed to do all winter? Seriously, I stopped playing weeks ago because winter came and it's so boring. And it was only November when I stopped, too.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2009, 05:09:46 am »

Since this topic has been revived, could someone tell me what the hell am I supposed to do all winter? Seriously, I stopped playing weeks ago because winter came and it's so boring. And it was only November when I stopped, too.
Make skis, get arrows and a bow, genocide the tribe of kill-on-sight and eat them.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2009, 05:54:27 am »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have plenty of things I'd like to do. It's just that even with full fur outfit I get frostbite after walking two world map squares, so I'm pretty much confined to quarters. And the river hasn't even frozen yet.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2009, 09:21:55 pm »

really? go to your armor status, and click on warmth. make sure everything is dark green, even your face and hands.

you can, and should, wear 3 (or maybe just 2) different types of each clothes, as long as they are of different furs. bear, elk, and mixed would work, but if mixed doesnt, prepare for massive squirrel hunts.

also, does anyone know a good trap design?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2009, 06:56:46 am »

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have plenty of things I'd like to do. It's just that even with full fur outfit I get frostbite after walking two world map squares, so I'm pretty much confined to quarters. And the river hasn't even frozen yet.
I don't think rivers freeze.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2009, 09:04:28 am »

You can't exactly venture into the wild in winter just with the furs you're wearing. AFAIK you can't wear furs from different animals in the same slot anymore. Try to get a full helm as soon as possible, as it provides warmth to your face, and almost no other piece of cloth does (the hood maybe). What I do in the winter is set up nets for fishing, and work on my trap fence: the trick is to get very warmed up in your fireplace, then set out to your work area, burn a tree and build 3-5 tiles of fence, repeat. You can't exactly walk far from a fire source.

Something like this:

Code: [Select]
#####
 xxx

If you stay in any of the squares marked 'x' you'll stay in the heat of the campfire '*' and you can build any of the fences '#'.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2009, 09:09:27 am »

I don't think rivers freeze.
the 'rapids' looking river will not freeze. The 'calm' looking river sections will freeze.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 101