Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299205 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2009, 10:43:28 am »

first time i tryed, iwth tutorial, lasted full 10 days. then i died because of unregistered version.

it is not easy, not easy at all to hunt.

i have to walk for days before i find anything, then i can't kill it.

i could kill only 2 squirrels, wasting lots of time. and i also found some reindeers, but they all ran away. one of them still had my javelin in the body   :(

i should make more javelins, so that i can freely throw them. but i have not enough time :(

anyone wants to pay this game for me?

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2009, 12:58:12 pm »

Good luck with that. But you do give me a good idea.

I want this game but nobody in my family has a credit card (we live in Bosnia). If somebody needs some service performed that's worth about 3$ (one or two hours of my time) I'm willing to perform it in exchange for an URW single version license. I've got a bit of C++ skills and a bit of GIMP skills (see my avatar for example).
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:42 pm »

it is not easy, not easy at all to hunt.
Try to hunt in marshy areas; they have very little tree cover, so you can spot a stag from miles away.
Then it's only a matter of walking over and stabbing the poor thing to death.

Congrats! You are the proud owner of over 400 pounds of raw meat!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009, 02:09:55 pm »

the problem is finding the tracks. :/
well, i should get better at it.

edit: or just harvest berries. in the near swamp there is a kind of berry that feeds a lot
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 02:56:06 pm by andrea »

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2009, 03:40:09 pm »

Ah, I remember this game. Couldn't figure out how to build properly. So I thought to myself: 'What would I do in DF?'

Pretty soon I had an overabundance of meat and an entire village all to myself.

Of course, I then learned how to build and started an entirely different game, in the slave escape scenario. Made it out, but lost my knife, and got beaten to within an inch of my life. Spent days crawling around the wild, foraging for berries to keep myself alive just about constantly, and waiting for my injuries to slowly heal. Eventually I stumbled across a cave, a bit after I healed enough to walk with a light load. There was an adventurer inside who pointed me toward a town. Unfortunately, said town was across a river, and I had no luck trying to swim across, so I gathered up a stockpile of berries and started a long trip to try and find a way around. Finally managed to get to the other side, backtrack, just got next to the village and LOL TRIAL OVA U DIED.

Haven't really played after that.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 03:56:30 pm »

i am playing winter now. my favourite season!
i started with the lone settler thing: 3 axes, an almost finshed house. (and another less finished) and everything i needed to finish it. lots of berries in the nearby swamp, and water too.

only problem is that while building i got frost wounds... now i can only crawl. i dreamt of building a fireplace, but taking only one stone at a time, i won't do it. :(

and of course, trial. how much i hate time limits. don't let me do many things, don't let me play in some ways. but a time limit is annoying.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 07:14:43 pm »

Well, if you can take out a njerpa njerpa village you can deconstruct their fireplace and either use pack animals or a raft to move the stones over to your homestead.  Its a lot faster than picking stones up.  Also, you can get materials by cruising along river banks and lakes with a raft and pushing tree trunks/rocks onto it.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2009, 08:33:51 pm »

Oh god...
This is probably erronously simple, but, how do you stand?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2009, 09:58:24 pm »

Stand is in the # menu. It's titled "raise" or something like that.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2009, 01:54:45 am »

I bought the game soon after stating 'I want this game.'

Because thats just how I work. I say something, and it somehow means I do it.

Anyway. Past three adventurers, which are still alive, but arn't going anywhere, are rotting in my files.

My most recent masterpiece, has gotten several Lifestock (Many sheepies, two cows, and a pig, which have no use other then being slaughtered, and its happened twice now, when you have no food.) a FINALLY (this thing took fracking forever. SERIOUSLY. I almost cried when it was completed, in all its glory.) complete Cabin, 3-3, with a FIREPLACE, and its STILL SPRING, and with my Trapfence, I managed to nab one Wild Boar, which is keeping me going when I dried up its meat and put it in the cellar. I still have quite alot, but theres no way its going to last.

Okay, so my latest accomplishment was building a fence around my Homestead, effectively protecting it, and then expanding the Lifestock pens, a little.

Right now, I need some different sort of help.

I need you guys to tell me how to aquire some seeds. Because from what I just read, veggies are the best kind of food in the game if they don't go to waste. And I have a cellar.

So please guys, tell me how to get seeds, or some other means of a steady supply of food without having to stray far from the homestead, or...

My last pig, 'Porkie' will die to feed me through the days to come...

Please don't let Porkie die.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2009, 03:49:52 am »

I need you guys to tell me how to aquire some seeds. Because from what I just read, veggies are the best kind of food in the game if they don't go to waste. And I have a cellar.

So please guys, tell me how to get seeds, or some other means of a steady supply of food without having to stray far from the homestead, or...

Go near a village, and steal their beans, turnips and peas from the farms around the towns.

Then plant these in your own farm plots and wait ...

You might be able to buy seeds from stores? but if not just use plants.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2009, 11:06:33 am »

Wow.... Livestock? How did you get them?
I'm living on a steady stream of +Pike+ with my +Fishing Rod+.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2009, 11:21:51 am »

if i wanted to live on fishing, i oculdn't do much else. berries are the best at the beginning!

if only i didn't have limited time, i would try hunting more.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2009, 03:16:24 am »

Hunting is fruitless unless you get lucky and you spawn in REAL close to an animal that really can't fight back. Like a Grouse, or a Hare, or a Badger. Or you chased down a Reindeer without trees to cover it. Javelins help too.

Mostly, I try a spot of Passive hunting on the side. And now I even have two Farms set up. Broad Beans, and Peas. (Thanks BTW)

And you can buy Lifestock at villages. I suggest getting some that you can milk, and investing in Skin containers. And if you see a pot, buy it, because I need that right now too.

Well, that and a set of skis, ski sicks, and another layer for my hand and neck/face/head area to bring me up to full dark green for cold protection when winter comes. If I can get a pot, and I finish the big animal storehouse before autumn comes, because thats the time I need to spend getting food together in my Cellar, I should have enough Firewood and such to ride it out in style.

Its going to be a pain resetting up the Animal Pen though. I had to take it down to conserve space, but NOW I have enough room to make a bigger one for when winters over.

Oh, did I mention that? Before winter comes, you need to make a 'cold stoarage', meaning without a Fireplace, house for your animals, and I haven't seen it yet, but apparently they can freeze to death. Which is awesome. If I have enough plants and such to last the winter, yay me!

If not, theres always Ice Fishing.

That's going to be awesome.

The frost bite however, is not.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 07:20:14 pm »

i dont know why you guys are having a hard time hunting....i killed the first bear i saw....4 javelins with oath of fire = drawbridge

also helped that i was owl tribe and dodge everything.

also killed elx, and squirrel.....started to build cabin but died because of 10 day limit...i JUST bought the game :)

o, and 2 problems, 1 is that my game crashes a lot. place a trap in a certian spot, crash. drop some meat in front of a fireplace, crash. 2 is that i cant get on the forums to ask why its happening! i didint get an activation email, tried resending one but it says there was no activaton pending for me, and i cant post, PM, or communicate wth anyone else
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 101