Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299252 times)

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1455 on: December 12, 2012, 12:12:36 am »

To wait, press - time will fast forward
Can you give me some pointers on melee combat?
And how in dogs name do you raise physician skill?
I cleaned and bandaged all my wounds for several days and not even a point.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:16:30 am by intense »

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 16, 2012, 09:21:22 am »

Seems we can vote for our favorite rogueslikes.
This is the link
http://roguelikedeveloper.blogspot.fi/2012...cii-dreams.html
Cheers

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 02, 2013, 10:36:13 pm »

Just thought I'd say that the final version of 3.15 is released:

http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw_downloads.html
Change log

My mod is also updated, I replaced all the real-life portraits with drawn ones from various games and google searching.
Can be downloaded here: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=1921

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 03, 2013, 07:41:51 pm »

Unreal World : what spoiled food to eat, and how to puke.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 04, 2013, 12:41:42 am »

Let me tell you how it is :D :D
You eat rotten food, you throw your heart out and feel sick because of this (just nausea), nausea passes, and you are left with half filled hunger bar after your adventure ends.
So yeah, at the end you get just half nutrition but you will have it around for ever and its good to have.
Roleplay a hobo in ancient finland

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 04, 2013, 10:03:23 am »

You eat rotten food, you throw your heart out and feel sick because of this (just nausea), nausea passes, and you are left with half filled hunger bar after your adventure ends.
So yeah, at the end you get just half nutrition but you will have it around for ever and its good to have.

No no. You don't get half nutrition. You get even more nutrition than with food that you don't puke, because there's a limit on how much you can eat.
Because puking increases hunger. It doesn't lower nutrition. So you can eat the same food over and over and become overfed or wossname :)
(ok, not the same food, but more and more spoiled food).

The hunger bar is an OBSTACLE that keeps you from eating more (and in many cases, from eating what you need to live).

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 04, 2013, 05:09:51 pm »

No no. You don't get half nutrition. You get even more nutrition than with food that you don't puke, because there's a limit on how much you can eat.
Because puking increases hunger. It doesn't lower nutrition. So you can eat the same food over and over and become overfed or wossname :)
(ok, not the same food, but more and more spoiled food).

The hunger bar is an OBSTACLE that keeps you from eating more (and in many cases, from eating what you need to live).

Drink some milk, it's good for ye' health.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:35 pm »

Why, when you can just eat and barf? :D

The romans got it right.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 26, 2013, 02:25:02 pm »

Get a lucky shot and kill an animal, find a sleeping hunter, find a Njerpez Warrior in a cave and eat him...
Mushrooms, berries, etc.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 26, 2013, 02:31:01 pm »

In real life survival the saying goes: 3 hours in harsh conditions without shelter, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food. URW doesn't really have harsh conditions, so your priority should be water, a basic shelter, then food. You can drink your hunger away but you'll still wither away slowly, but where there's water there could be animals.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 26, 2013, 05:21:09 pm »

I tend to end up scrabbling for sustinance through fishing and small animal hunting while making a trap fence ASAP. Once that is up I am made though and can do as I please living off the bounty.
This is a blank sig.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 26, 2013, 05:35:46 pm »

I've been wanting to play Unreal World for a while now; but haven't had the money to buy a key to the game.  IT is good to see that there is such longevity in it, though.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 26, 2013, 06:47:17 pm »

I've been wanting to play Unreal World for a while now; but haven't had the money to buy a key to the game.  IT is good to see that there is such longevity in it, though.

$3 will net you the current version. Though, I've been following the dev posts lately and I think the game will be entering a new major version soon. He also mentioned something about a donate-o-thon, where donations above a certain amount will award you a lifetime game key, but there's no solid plans for that as of yet. Nevermind, there actually has been a post about it: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?s=b69f73a2134f5b5e179be90ac3374181&showtopic=2986
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:49:12 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 26, 2013, 09:28:22 pm »

Bump with a question:

How do you survive? I've probably spent about 8 hours playing this game, and EVERY ONE OF MY CHARACTERS STARVES TO DEATH!

Fishing is the easiest day to day survival.  Start with 60+ fishing skill (low skill will mean fishing is a slow way to starve), always fish with a fishing rod, spears will also starve you slow.  If you cant find a good spot, just keep walking along the edge of the river checking often, you will find spots easy enough.  Optimum time for nets to be in the water is 1 1/2 days.  Doing the 'surviving in the wild' (by memory) game course will net you a free fishing rod and a 3lb fish early on and once you get to the end of the course, you can up your stats or skills, then do it again.  Normal hunting is fairly hard without a bow and decent skill, hard even with, you want to get a lucky shot that either cripples the animal or makes it bleed alot, then run it down and kill it.  Bears you want to hammer good with arrows or javelins so its good and wounded before you try and kill it, they are a hard kill even with armor, but a little luck and you can take them day 1.  Tricky way to hunt is to drive animals into corners and the like in rivers, their ai isnt great and you can trap them with a little luck.

Killing wandering people and butchering them is pretty much cheating, you will get all their stuff to trade as well as about 40 meat.  Hit them in the head from behind, if it doesnt kill, it usually disables them.

Trap fences want to look like this:  TFFFTFFFTFFFTFFFTFFFTFFFTFFFT  T=trap, F=Fence.  They want to be loooong, as in 2 map tiles, I usually use spiked pit traps, they will net you big game, well wounded when you find them.  I dont usually bother with trap fences till I have found a good base location with nice flat spot for house, good fishing and pref rapids for easy fishing and drinking during winter.  Alot of stuff seems to path along the edge of rivers/lakes so starting your traps up against a river seems to be a good idea.  Build your fences a few map tiles away from where you sleep, as you can scare off stuff.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 27, 2013, 03:24:48 am »

Yeah, I always do the fishing scenario and the survival course, which nets me(lol) a fishing rod and 2 fishing nets.

Living near the river profits. Fish, meat, a spot for a house, and a variety of biomes.
Wha, meat? How?
Animals migrate and wander the UrW. Some of them, like elk, can swim, but most can not, and if you set up your camp at the right place, you'll become a trap-fence religion follower.

Cannibalism? Sure. It's a good way, actually - hire someone with some meat you sliced off a dead adventurer, kill the hired guy, slice him, hire someone, and so on... just hope that they won't counter you, I've had problems with that.

Always settle near the Driik. They've got shops, rivers, the sea, forests, animals, and occasional Santa camps.

Ninja some turnips and beans from villages that are far - they got mad on me when I grabbed 203 turnips, and I lost my best character so far to a crowd of mad Driik. Don't worry, tho. As long as you don't touch the turnips, they're pretty cool.

Get a punt. A woodsman's axe. A bow.

If you're starting in summer, make yourself some fur mittens - when the fall comes, your hands are going to be the first thing that's gonna get cold.

Lone Njerpezit make great archer targets, but be very careful when facing them - I had my face owned by their shit crescent swords more than once. Try to get as close as possible while they're sleeping on the ground, and inflict as much damage as you can with arrows.

If something's passed out from your arrows, don't run up to it straight away - it could wake up and own your face in an instant. Like bears. Or Njerpez.

Building a cottage? Stock up on axes. They don't have to be high quality, walls don't wear down. Where to build the thing? On a possibly flat surface, near the river - you can tan your furs and fish there, or hop on the punt and travel straight away. Where do you get wood from? I like to cut trees that are on the other side of the river, push them on my punt, and then swim back to my settlement, where I make them into logs.

Herblore is a good skill to have. Don't add any skillpoints to it, just check every plant you see, and remember the effects of those your tribe knows. They are really cool and useful.

I found the spear to be the most useful melee weapon. Pick as you please, but you can throw, slash, pierce and bash with certain spears, which makes them a wonderweapon.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 101