Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299703 times)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #975 on: January 18, 2012, 03:00:45 pm »

Last I played you could make cord directly out of fur.
Yeah, you still can, and fur is less labour/time intensive than leather to tan.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 18, 2012, 03:12:38 pm »

Whoa I didn't even think about using fur for ropes. Thanks for this tip!! This will shave off ~11 days for each skin to de-hair!! Although now my nettle has become processable, I have cord coming out of my ears...
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 18, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

Whoa that was a swift reply, thanks guys. I try to keep the trade to minimum, since I am roleplaying a hermit  :o, So I guess I will just stop smoking meat until November or so. I visited the village 2x so far, once to buy all the different axes and second to see the shaman about my broken bone/learn new ritual. I guess I will make few more cellars and keep everything even potentially spoilable inside for good measure. Thieves are not much of a worry right now, since I made my base on a small island in the middle of a lake. I carry the paddle with me so even if they find the raft, they cant just take off on it. I hope the water doesn't freeze all the way into the middle of the lake come winter, but I will cross that bridge when I get there. The biggest worry for me right now is that its the end of august and I have only a stag and 2 Elk furs right now. I am not sure they will be warm enough for the winter clothing, but I am reluctant to hunt any more animals , since I already have so much meat.

About the beavers, I would think beavers are herbivores and thus don't need baited trap. I am however no expert, since I am yet to catch anything in any kind of trap.
The best hunting strategy so far for me was using climbing to spot the prey(thus my broken bone >:() and then use javelins to hunt it down. the bow is nice, but the arrows require leather rope to make, thus making them relatively expensive to make for me and they tend to fly astray and get lost in the trees. perhaps i will try to make a seizable batch of them and try to train up my bow skills during winter time as to not to loose so many of them. But look at me rambling... Thanks again for the help.

I traded an adventurer 18 arrows for a wooden cup I took the deal because usually they only want furs

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 19, 2012, 01:50:22 pm »

Guys, is there any way to tell witch trees have guardian spirits living in then and when should I use the ritual for cutting down trees?
Some rituals are intuitive, like the one for good hunt, or offering for a newly killed animal. I even knew when to do the "greet the guardian of a new land", when I was far away from home and I couldn't sleep because of whispering voices. But as far as I can tell there is no way to see if a tree has a spirit living in it and doing the ritual every time I have to cut something down seems a bit excessive (especially when building something)

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 19, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »

Let's Play Unreal World 20 --- Dance with a Pig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6VUdI6Yb00&feature=channel_video_title

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 20, 2012, 03:25:46 pm »

Guys, is there any way to tell witch trees have guardian spirits living in then and when should I use the ritual for cutting down trees?
Some rituals are intuitive, like the one for good hunt, or offering for a newly killed animal. I even knew when to do the "greet the guardian of a new land", when I was far away from home and I couldn't sleep because of whispering voices. But as far as I can tell there is no way to see if a tree has a spirit living in it and doing the ritual every time I have to cut something down seems a bit excessive (especially when building something)

AFAIK, you just do the ritual when cutting any tree. If you want.

I think most "greet" or "permission" rituals, there's no downside in not doing it, but doing it makes the "spirits" or whatever (mana?) score go up. Favor rituals such as asking for better fish or enchanting weapons, use up this score. Not sure if chopping down trees without the rituals or not sacrificing after a hunt does anything negative.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 20, 2012, 05:51:22 pm »

The one thing I've never liked about URW is how unsettled a settlement still feels. I think I could be a lot more content in late game if I had some cosmetic stuff to do. Little field-stone fences and making paths and having more complex dwelling options or labor intensive cosmetic stuff. 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 20, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »

The one thing I've never liked about URW is how unsettled a settlement still feels. I think I could be a lot more content in late game if I had some cosmetic stuff to do. Little field-stone fences and making paths and having more complex dwelling options or labor intensive cosmetic stuff.

One thing that deeply annoys me is that you can't make the same pebble paths that NPC towns use.

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 22, 2012, 06:19:08 pm »

Lets Play Unreal World 21 --  MODS!!! Cook that Meat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtU4UIunC4

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 23, 2012, 04:34:15 am »

I have found a mod to add a road as a building recipe.

.Road.    -R-     *BUILDING*      /20/
{Stone} (6) [remove] [ground]       
{Rock} (10) [remove]

I am not sure it will work in older versions though,because moding interface was in the latest release I believe.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 23, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »

I have the latest version and my game froze when trying to build the road. I assume I put that into biy_glossary, with the other building items.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 24, 2012, 04:17:38 pm »

Whoa, animals are tough now. It is much easier to cripple a deer or bear with arrows than to land an actual killing blow (even finishing off a downed stag with the hunting knife takes forever).

On the plus side, now it is actually possible to sneak behind an elk and stab it :)

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 24, 2012, 07:50:17 pm »

Am I missing something about stealth? I break a branch underfoot every second step I take.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 25, 2012, 12:42:45 am »

That's actually the most common occurrence.

But at least twice I've been able to sneak all the way behind a forest reindeer and go stabby on him.

Maybe it helps that I rolled nearly 100% in every stat except strength and endurance and that I go hunting nearly weightless. But I don't even know if that has any effect on stealth.

Maybe it was just because there was a tree nearby (not blocking line of sight tho).

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 25, 2012, 02:28:25 am »

If you wait for a few turns before each step then you're less likely to break a branch underfoot I think.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 101