Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299696 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #960 on: January 05, 2012, 05:15:07 pm »

I payed for a one-version download of this game a few years back. Version was > 3 or so, if I recall right. Any major additions since then? I kinda figure I should just not be a cheap ass and pay the guy for a lifetime subscription since it's such a great deal. I just don't want to pay again if he decides to abandon this next year.. Which was the reason I payed for the one-version download before.
Well I've not played it taht long but this version is nearly done and certainly seems to be almost completely bug free so if you were gonna get a 1-shot buy now I'd suppose it'd be the best bet of getting the best version of the game if she DID abandon it.
Nom nom nom

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 06, 2012, 09:48:03 pm »

Come join me for more Let's Play Unreal World

adding 5 more videos around 15min each. First 2 are up others are coming

Exploring and Failing at hunting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvrgqeAHEw
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 11:54:17 pm by christonian »

Styx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 09, 2012, 06:02:07 pm »

I payed for a one-version download of this game a few years back. Version was > 3 or so, if I recall right. Any major additions since then? I kinda figure I should just not be a cheap ass and pay the guy for a lifetime subscription since it's such a great deal. I just don't want to pay again if he decides to abandon this next year.. Which was the reason I payed for the one-version download before.
Well I've not played it taht long but this version is nearly done and certainly seems to be almost completely bug free so if you were gonna get a 1-shot buy now I'd suppose it'd be the best bet of getting the best version of the game if she DID abandon it.

She? You know something I don't. :) Sami is male, that's for sure.

Funny that people are talking about the game being abandoned. Not going to happen. It's been designed for such a long time now and during this time, all of us URW players have found out that Sami didn't create this game just to milk money out of us and stop when there is no more to be milked.

Besides, lots of room for improvement still. The list is huge, and even the version numbers aren't indicative of anything. The earliest version I played is 2.80, not that far from here, but it was a mess and compared to the current version, very rough to play (although there were some cool "caves of death" that were really fun to explore and that I miss...). Trading was screwed, merchants stole stuff from you, maps had these borders which prevented you from seamlessly going from one section to another etc. 0.2 versions later, we're here, and the game's gonna improve a lot still.

Just look at the current version. A small version update, and yet we got awesome stuff like a revised NPC wound system and an overhauled combat system among others.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 10, 2012, 12:55:23 am »

I noticed players need a new challenge for Unreal World, so here is one I thought up:

Build a fortress next to a village.  A fortress is like an ordinary house, but much bigger, surrounded by a moat, and has firing slits.

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:23 pm »

Trying to add daily or every 2 days now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jahanxVtc (video 11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HWkMqNJCk4 (video 12)

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 10, 2012, 11:22:39 pm »

Thanks for the support as always

I am going to try everyday if not will be every 2 days

Feel free to go to my channel the Thank You video for 50 Subs is up and now it is up the community to decide what the future of my channel is

and I will always stick with UW and Towns they are my foundation for my channel

GO VOTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWnMSaVHzs0

THANKS EVERYONE

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 13, 2012, 05:04:30 pm »

adding daily another 2 since last post almost 4hrs worth now

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5A8BB0ED223EF1C0&feature=view_all

You can also follow me now on twitter @christonian for my let's plays
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:08:48 pm by christonian »

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 18, 2012, 11:30:29 am »

I have stumbled on this nice little game when I was looking for some good roguelikes.

So far I very much like it. I have a question about the smoked meat. I have around 240 smoked meat in my cellar and another 200 on its way(boy does smoking take long time). The question is how many months will it last in the cellar unspoiled? The wiki says it lasts more than salted meat and less than dried meat. That is a very vague answer that doesn't tell anything, its as if ask "how long is rope?" And the answer is "its a bit longer than cord ... ;) Its August at the moment (started in spring) and I don't know If I should wait few months still before making any more smoked meat for the winter.
Also, do leather and furs spoil at all? I know unprocessed or partially processed furs/leather spoil over time, but once processed will they last forever? I had all my leather outside in a big pile, but it started raining a lot and I was worried they will all rot, so I stuffed them into the cellar. I also keep there all the picked Heather and nettle leaves. I wanted to dry then to preserve them, but I can only dry meat for some reason. When I was living back in my village, we used to dry the herbs in the summer, and they would last for a whole year, if the mice didn't get to them >:(.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 18, 2012, 12:14:27 pm »

It's been a while since I played, but I believe the smoked meat should at least last you INTO winter. Probably not through it though. What you can do once the weather gets cold though is start drying meat. I've heard rumors of that stuff lasting well into the next year. Like I said though, it can only be done in cold weather. I don't think you need snow on the ground yet, but it does need to be cold and stay cold for the whole drying process.

Personally, I'd try to find someone to trade a bit of that smoked meat with. Meat is a good commodity and I don't think you'll be able to eat more than 400 pieces of it before it spoils, even with it smoked. With plain cooked, I usually trade down till I have only 40 or so pieces left and I never finish it all before it spoils. With smoked, I'd probably budget myself one piece a day at least to the middle of November. So, 120 pieces or so. Maybe 150 or even 200 just to be safe.

I honestly don't know about drying plants. I'm not sure if that's required here or not. I don't think I've ever had anything plant-based go bad on me except berries and bread.

I don't think leather spoils either, but I haven't played much since he made changes to the hidecrafting system. I'd still keep it somewhere safe though, just to avoid thieves.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 18, 2012, 01:20:43 pm »

leather if no worked on or only washed will spoil, you can cure it so it last longuer but will eventually spoil too, better off simply work on it till processed completly, i always did that and never had trouble, i did loose a skin or 2 in all my gameplays because i had to go on a hunting trip and processing meat was more important than these little squirrel fur/hide? if you see what i mean
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 18, 2012, 01:23:47 pm »

what kind of bait should I put into traps for bevers

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 18, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »

Whoa that was a swift reply, thanks guys. I try to keep the trade to minimum, since I am roleplaying a hermit  :o, So I guess I will just stop smoking meat until November or so. I visited the village 2x so far, once to buy all the different axes and second to see the shaman about my broken bone/learn new ritual. I guess I will make few more cellars and keep everything even potentially spoilable inside for good measure. Thieves are not much of a worry right now, since I made my base on a small island in the middle of a lake. I carry the paddle with me so even if they find the raft, they cant just take off on it. I hope the water doesn't freeze all the way into the middle of the lake come winter, but I will cross that bridge when I get there. The biggest worry for me right now is that its the end of august and I have only a stag and 2 Elk furs right now. I am not sure they will be warm enough for the winter clothing, but I am reluctant to hunt any more animals , since I already have so much meat.

About the beavers, I would think beavers are herbivores and thus don't need baited trap. I am however no expert, since I am yet to catch anything in any kind of trap.
The best hunting strategy so far for me was using climbing to spot the prey(thus my broken bone >:() and then use javelins to hunt it down. the bow is nice, but the arrows require leather rope to make, thus making them relatively expensive to make for me and they tend to fly astray and get lost in the trees. perhaps i will try to make a seizable batch of them and try to train up my bow skills during winter time as to not to loose so many of them. But look at me rambling... Thanks again for the help.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 18, 2012, 01:53:58 pm »

Why are you using leather ropes for tying material? Cord works just fine.

The only reason you should make rope over cord is to leash animals.

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 18, 2012, 02:05:25 pm »

Because cord is almost impossible to come by. I have the weaving mod, but the nettles have only recently been good enough to harvest and trade for cloth is no option (hermit, remember). I could hunt for "the other game" (njerpez) but I am not confident I can take on them with just javelins. compared to that leather rope is a bit time costly but I only need worked out leather for that. I can make 15 - 25 leather rope from 1 stag. Actually that has been the primary concern until now, to have enough leather for the ropes needed for smoking meat.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 18, 2012, 02:25:38 pm »

Last I played you could make cord directly out of fur.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 101