Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299770 times)

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Unreal World and Wurm Online
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #930 on: December 29, 2011, 03:14:51 pm »

I got lucky... found a driik woodsman away from his village... lets just say i got a free crossbow AND 18 arrows and food... and cloths and all that crap xD
We fight to the end.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 29, 2011, 03:55:22 pm »

Killed a njerpezilais >:D
22 arrows ( wow )
Sword
More cloths ( yay cord :D )
another knife
and a club + meat
Niiice
We fight to the end.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 29, 2011, 04:47:51 pm »

I have a serious wound... or 5... how do i heal them?
We fight to the end.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 29, 2011, 05:01:33 pm »

I have a serious wound... or 5... how do i heal them?
Well you can ue the psycian skill to see what you need to treat them, but the only REAL way I find to easily treat wounds is to find a freindly shaman.
Nom nom nom

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 29, 2011, 05:16:41 pm »

Thanks i got them all healed  :)

Gonna try getting a full set of iron armour soon
We fight to the end.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 29, 2011, 08:15:16 pm »

I finnaly made a complete house! :D
We fight to the end.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 29, 2011, 08:19:41 pm »

And i died...
We fight to the end.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 29, 2011, 08:22:32 pm »

Damn foreign trader! I thought you were alone!  :-[
We fight to the end.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 29, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »

I'd love to play this but the price system is just total BS, sorry. The final release is the only one that should cost money, IMO, or at least the lifetime licence should be 2-8 bucks, not 50.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 29, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

WHAT?!?!?!?  2-8 dollars for lifetime?

30 dollars+ not friggin 2-8...
We fight to the end.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 29, 2011, 08:34:53 pm »

The current game IS a final release - as much as it looks "in dev" it's extremely well-polished and thought out.  It's definitely worth a mere $5, and the way it plays you'd call it finished.  There's very few tweaks that look unfinished, like javelin + oath of iron, but is otherwise wrapped, tagged, and ready to ship.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 29, 2011, 09:14:47 pm »

also the lite version also includes bugfixing patches. the game is not in alpha or beta, it's in 3.x, it's a full game with years of dlc included. the lifetime version just includes all further expansions.
also, i've been buying one time registrations for the past 3 versions, i've spent 15 dollars in 2 years for a far superior experience than those monthly pay mmos and triple A sixty dollar titles. i've payed more per gameplay hours in donations to toady

i still think the game is ugly, i'd rather it was in ascii. at least it isn't in snes-like sprites
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:17:16 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

lavenders2

• Bay Watcher
  • The cheese stands alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 29, 2011, 10:47:52 pm »

I'd love to play this but the price system is just total BS, sorry. The final release is the only one that should cost money, IMO, or at least the lifetime licence should be 2-8 bucks, not 50.
As much as I would like to agree to that, I can't because after playing 2 characters in the trial version the game seems very polished and finished as others have said. Like all games, there are rough points, but nothing that patches and hotfixes can't iron out.

Let's put this into a different perspective. You pay 5 dollars for the major version. The major version lasts a year or two before it gets outdated. Are you really going to play this game for 10-20 years? Even some of my most favorite games I don't play for that long on and off before I sell it or lose it or never want to play it again because something better surpasses it in every way. In 10-20 years time, the guy might not be around anymore, he might stop development, or he might move on to something else. He cannot develop it forever.

What I am trying to say is that for the time the game lasts, you could buy the major version for 5 dollars and probably get a lot of time out of that compared to AAA titles. The pricing isn't really that BS, because the lifetime one is only to support the developer. It is his game, he can price it how he likes. A community exists, so others must believe the price is fair.

Not only that, AAA titles in AUS cost around 100 dollars. The lifetime version of this costs half that, and probably gives you more fun than those AAA titles out there. I think 50 dollars for lifetime is justified and fair, but I understand not everyone is going to want to go that far with this game, myself included. The major version will give most people the enjoyment out of this game before they are bored with it. 

In short, the different prices are there to suit different peoples interests, and so they can get what there money is worth, rather than paying 100 dollars for a game that they play for 5 hours and never see again.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 10:50:07 pm by lavenders2 »
Economies of scale: Dathominion Co.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #943 on: December 29, 2011, 11:08:10 pm »

Back when I bought it if I remember correctly it was $10 for a major version and there was no minor version. That was a good many years ago. I paid $10, played it for probably 6 months, quit about a year, came back to some updates that were still in my license and played for another 6 months or so, then stopped again for a year or two, came back and bought the lifetime license in March of 2007. Here it is nearly five years after buying the lifetime license, the game is hardly recognizeable (in a good way), and I still keep coming back.

I remember when the game had caves where you could keep going down deeper and deeper and deeper, fighting various monsters along the way and looting treasure like armor and swords and necklaces and such, running out of torches and having to burn the human meat cuts I got from cutting up a njerpez warrior for light to see the way. When aggressive squirrels would rip your throat out. When the game's shops used currency instead of a barter system. Who knows what it might be like in another five or ten years. Joining and living in an npc community? Raising a family? Playing as your descendents? Those are all on the dev list.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 29, 2011, 11:13:32 pm »

I dont know, I played a fair bit of unreal world thanks to an awesome guy here that did a giveaway, and I must say its quite enjoyable, but it doesn't feel polished and the gameplay gets dull once you get a nice house and lots of meat. Then the only fun comes from killing njerpez, and that gets olds sorta fast.

The hunting element feels nice though. I wish Heaven&Hearth's hunting was as good, and not just build a fence around something, shoot at it forever with a sling, and bows taking longer then civil war cannons to shoot.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 11:15:26 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101