Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299795 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #870 on: December 26, 2011, 01:15:53 am »

Unrelated: I'm thinking of making a Kota Hunter - namely she will have a pack animal to deal with hefty furs and maybe the sticks, and wander a little, building a kota to hunker in for a month or two, but ultimately have a house on a particular 1-tile island I discovered nearby.

Has anyone dealt with Kotas?  Particularly, I heard that even a small kota requires such heavy furs that it's nearly impossible to actually relocate them.  And as an extension, what's the smallest "large animal" that I could get lightweight furs from?

Side question: Do rocks and stones regenerate?

EDIT: I killed a stag and got 511 pounds of raw meat.  I can't even move with this stuff!  Am I supposed to move corpses before butchering, or what?  I don't seem to really get how to harvest huge meat AND take it home.  Right now I'm gonna dry most of it and toss it in a cellar.  It's only early spring, but I'm thinking ahead!  Built a shelter right here by the kill site to do it.  19 pounds of hide, btw!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 02:25:43 am by Girlinhat »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 26, 2011, 08:51:07 am »

I usually just make multiple trips between the kill and my place. You can make a trail out of meat cuts so you can find it again easily.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Unreal World and Wurm Online
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 26, 2011, 09:18:48 am »

Take it as no one knows what to do for crashes?
We fight to the end.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 26, 2011, 09:27:03 am »

I've had it crash once or twice in ~two years... so no. Not really.

It has a habit of taking a long time to load while zooming in sometimes though. You might get a blurb saying "program has become unresponsive" or somesuch, but just leave it for a while and it usually comes back.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 26, 2011, 09:38:14 am »

Mine is where ill play... then when i get a bit into it ( where i have to make a shelter in mission thingy ) it crashes...
We fight to the end.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 26, 2011, 10:26:12 am »

Unrelated: I'm thinking of making a Kota Hunter - namely she will have a pack animal to deal with hefty furs and maybe the sticks, and wander a little, building a kota to hunker in for a month or two, but ultimately have a house on a particular 1-tile island I discovered nearby.

Has anyone dealt with Kotas?  Particularly, I heard that even a small kota requires such heavy furs that it's nearly impossible to actually relocate them.  And as an extension, what's the smallest "large animal" that I could get lightweight furs from?

Side question: Do rocks and stones regenerate?

EDIT: I killed a stag and got 511 pounds of raw meat.  I can't even move with this stuff!  Am I supposed to move corpses before butchering, or what?  I don't seem to really get how to harvest huge meat AND take it home.  Right now I'm gonna dry most of it and toss it in a cellar.  It's only early spring, but I'm thinking ahead!  Built a shelter right here by the kill site to do it.  19 pounds of hide, btw!
Don't forget to sacrifice some of the meat, always a good idea when you get a big haul.
*Hugs*

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #876 on: December 26, 2011, 11:42:40 am »

I've heard the game can be buggy in Windows 7 and Vista if you have it installed in Program Files due to read/write permissions. You can try running the game as an administrator, or installing it somewhere else like your documents folder.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 26, 2011, 11:46:58 am »

I've heard the game can be buggy in Windows 7 and Vista if you have it installed in Program Files due to read/write permissions. You can try running the game as an administrator, or installing it somewhere else like your documents folder.
this should be  common knowledge now.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 26, 2011, 12:47:08 pm »

ahhhh thats it then... im on windows 7 home premium
We fight to the end.

Scout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 26, 2011, 12:55:24 pm »

I can never find any tracks either on the world map or local map. Despite speccing for tracking (52%) I ain't finding SHIT. Is there something I'm missing?

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 26, 2011, 02:06:39 pm »

Yay it hasnt crashed yet :D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 07:27:26 pm by Affinity »
We fight to the end.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 26, 2011, 08:44:02 pm »

There need to actually be animals for there to be tracks.  I love setting up near an open mire, you get great visibility over the terrain, can find a lot of big game there.  Especially if there's a mountain or thick forest nearby you can stand on it and see all around.  I usually settle myself by the ocean so I can do a raft and move about easier, trading with the driik when I can and exploring the islands.  I've found good animals on the islands, a bear and an elk on different very small islands, needless to say I had a very easy time tracking them over the 4 tiles of land, there was no chance of escape!

Related: I've got something like 500 pounds of meat drying right now, in early May, along with a nice bear fur cloak, mittens, footwear, and hood.  I need another bear, I don't have a shirt or trousers!  I am BEARLORD!

I've been looking at the Kota, and there seems to be a smallish issue with hide size.  It takes a large hide to produce a kota, but it doesn't take the full 18+ pounds.  I made some cord out of a hide of mine and tried to make a kota, and it worked even though it was in the "slightly damaged" state.  Does anyone know the exact poundage of large hide needed to build a kota?  I'm guessing it's somewhere around 5 or 10.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 26, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »

What do i do if i cant manage to catch fish with nets? they always have nothing in them ( by the shore in a pond thing )
We fight to the end.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 26, 2011, 09:52:05 pm »

How long did you leave them?  I usually do my nets in early morning every day if I can remember.  Shorter and they don't catch, longer and the fish rot in the net.

Affinity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 26, 2011, 09:56:40 pm »

Yea every morning... NOTHING
We fight to the end.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 101