Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299891 times)

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #765 on: January 16, 2011, 10:07:38 pm »

Maybe backing up saves (is this possible?  I don't know...) and reinstalling.  That's my mainstay.

Also, thanks for the link.  I'll give it a shot sometime.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: January 16, 2011, 10:18:20 pm »

Maybe backing up saves (is this possible?  I don't know...) and reinstalling.  That's my mainstay.

Also, thanks for the link.  I'll give it a shot sometime.

It's possible, your save files are in a sub-folder named after your character.

I do recall that the ability to add new sub-menus to the make menu was added in patch 1. If the line length isn't the issue then it may be worth re-installing just to make sure you're really up to date.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 17, 2011, 01:10:10 pm »

I'm not sure what I did but the mod started working. I've got my fishing at 64% (50+% = endless constant food), so I've just been living off of two nets while I dredge up clay and iron.

Dear lord I am unstoppable. Full iron gear, I have the really deep green for every sort of attack. Taking 80% club skill and a warhammer to someones face is incredible. I can mow down villages faster than I can harvest crops.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:20:56 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: January 17, 2011, 11:03:53 pm »

Sounds nice, but it also sounds about exactly how I imagined such a mod would possibly make the game a little, umm... unbalanced?  No, that's not right, I meant fun... ?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 17, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »

It took me about 50 in game days to manage it. I had to set up a steady flow of food since all the tasks are very time consuming and exhausting, which I did with two trap fences and four nets. I needed facilities for the food supply, like a hut for smoking, and a storage shed for everything I was processing.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: January 18, 2011, 04:04:41 pm »

Where/how do you obtain iron?

50 days is a good amount of preparation, for sure.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 18, 2011, 05:27:49 pm »

Craft a dredge, under the lumber menu, out of two tree trunks. Go to a water source, and go to the materials menu for crafting, and make a bog iron. Any water works, but you need 100 pounds of it.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: February 09, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »

You all may have already known this, but 3.13 Patch 2 was released at the end of January.  It, apparently helps modders among other things.  Nothing huge, but something nonetheless.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 27, 2011, 09:33:37 pm »

Necro'd because my question isn't worthy of it's own thread:  I'm running 3.13 and after about a month in-game, everything starts to lag pretty significantly.  Is there any way to remedy this?  Does URW eventually implode under the weight of it's own registry or something?

If this has been addressed before, well, excuse me.
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 28, 2011, 01:19:21 am »

That's odd.
I don't have any lag issues other than the occasional loading screen.

Maybe you're lacking in the RAM department?

As for file size, the save file for each character can grow abhorrently large if you live long. My oldest character has a file size of over 500MB. In that case, you can manually compress it through file options. It took mine from 544MB -> 40MB.

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 28, 2011, 09:59:56 am »

My mistake, I should have clarified.  Only the loading screens get lagged, gameplay is still pretty much the same.  They've gone from pretty much instantaneous to up to 20 seconds or so after an in-game month, and I've noticed this before with other characters too.  That's good to know about the character saves, though, I'll have to compress that at some point.

Nobody has this problem?  Hmm.
"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 30, 2011, 02:43:08 am »

I bet on you've visited lots of sectors, lots of maps right?

Each sector's data is saved in your savegame. So if you are a real active player and play exploring aggressively, there's huge load of data in your save and the game take a long time to load all of them.

dbfuru

• Bay Watcher
  • TRICKINGGG
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube -Videos of my tricking progression-
« Reply #777 on: March 30, 2011, 04:27:34 am »

Good game, had a lot of fun with it.

Unfortunately when my laptop died ages ago I lost my copy. I remember asking on the forums if I could recover my registration key, and I remember being (what I felt rudely) told that I'd have to buy another license to play, as I had bought a single version license. Wouldn't even give me my serial just for that version. (Which by the time I asked for my key a newer one had been released).

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 30, 2011, 04:58:20 am »

Interesting, I had nothing but a good experience dealing with Sami when recovering my key. Not sure it was in the same circumstances though.

Although personally, If he HAD asked me to buy a new one, I would have obliged in a heartbeat.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 30, 2011, 05:11:38 am »

Should I buy the 1 version only deal for this game? Seeing as it doesn't update much, but I'll just wait until all the good updates come in and the game stops updating for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 101