Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299862 times)

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #690 on: January 03, 2011, 02:54:13 pm »

Now all we need is a Hitler reference and the circle is...

Oh crap :O

And yeah. Combat really changed in the last two big updates.
Maybe it's due to most animals now fleeing a lot more.

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 03, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »

Just going to put this on out there. Fuck off. This thread is titled "Unreal Word", and is for the purpose of people who play it to talk about the game amongst ourselves. It is not titled "Unreal World vs. DF! Five rounds in the cage". Take the argument elsewhere, or drop it, but don't continue it here.

We are discussing Unreal World.

Just because it's not the parts of Unreal World that you consider to be important, doesn't mean we're not discussing it.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 03, 2011, 03:36:19 pm »

Man, what? Arrogant DF fanatic, I guess? There's no need to be a jerk.

How I am a jerk? It's because I think DF is better than UrW? This is natural, as we are on Bay12 forum, you should expect this.

For the last time, nothing wrong with being a survival niche game. It is a great game. I play it a lot. I bought it. But DF in the future will be a survival game as complex as UrW and much, much more. IMO, this makes DF better and greater.

Can't you UrW fans respect my opinion?
Respect others and you may deserve respect. Calling someone self-entitled for pointing out that UrW and DF are two completely different games, and then being pretty racist on the side, is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:38:30 pm by Rakonas »

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 03, 2011, 04:07:33 pm »

Just going to put this on out there. Fuck off. This thread is titled "Unreal Word", and is for the purpose of people who play it to talk about the game amongst ourselves. It is not titled "Unreal World vs. DF! Five rounds in the cage". Take the argument elsewhere, or drop it, but don't continue it here.

We are discussing Unreal World.

Just because it's not the parts of Unreal World that you consider to be important, doesn't mean we're not discussing it.

'Discussing' is too strong of a word I'd think. Trolling is more accurate I'd think.

Different strokes for different folks. If you think DF is better, good. Go play DF, and leave us to discuss the particular ways we're dying from eating poisonous mushrooms, vomiting until we die, starving to death, freezing to death, or getting mauled by bears.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 03, 2011, 04:25:34 pm »

Man, what? Arrogant DF fanatic, I guess? There's no need to be a jerk.

How I am a jerk? It's because I think DF is better than UrW? This is natural, as we are on Bay12 forum, you should expect this.

For the last time, nothing wrong with being a survival niche game. It is a great game. I play it a lot. I bought it. But DF in the future will be a survival game as complex as UrW and much, much more. IMO, this makes DF better and greater.

Can't you UrW fans respect my opinion?
Respect others and you may deserve respect. Calling someone self-entitled for pointing out that UrW and DF are two completely different games, and then being pretty racist on the side, is ridiculous.

I was trying to talk, but I was called a fanatic and a racist for no reason. I almost bit the bait, but I like this forum too much to risking lose it for a troll.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 03, 2011, 05:18:12 pm »

Lets pretend the last one page and half never happened.

I had a successful character, a cabin, and was building a kota to store items. a big bear fur to make warm clothes, a longbow and an hundred of arrows. half a thousands cuts of meat being smoked in the cabin.
then, I decided to scout a bit, trying to know more about the njerpez camp.

Well, bad idea. I walked on it on the zoomed out map, and realized my error only when the map was loading already. I wanted to sneak in the camp and watch, but instead I spawned in the middle of the enemy warriors. and what is worse I couldn't even hit them well. RIP, Bark.

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 03, 2011, 05:18:34 pm »

I didn't get the racist thing, either.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 03, 2011, 05:52:44 pm »

That's kind of insulting.

Oh, sorry. I think you are too self-entitled for your own good though.  Or maybe you are Sami instead?
You know, the Sami people whose culture the game is influenced by?

Deus ex Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 03, 2011, 05:56:07 pm »

Oh, sorry. I think you are too self-entitled for your own good though.  Or maybe you are Sami instead?

I think he was referring to URW's developer.

Who is called Sami.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 03, 2011, 05:59:57 pm »

I had a successful character, a cabin, and was building a kota to store items. a big bear fur to make warm clothes, a longbow and an hundred of arrows. half a thousands cuts of meat being smoked in the cabin.

Well, bad idea. I walked on it on the zoomed out map, and realized my error only when the map was loading already. I wanted to sneak in the camp and watch, but instead I spawned in the middle of the enemy warriors. and what is worse I couldn't even hit them well. RIP, Bark.

I have yet to try anything risky like that for exactly the reason you just exemplified.  It is nice to stumble upon a njerpez adventurer, or sometimes a sleeping warrior but I just don't know what to expect in the camps. 

Also, I noticed that the njerpez seem to spread around a lot, do any of the other cultures spread... at all?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 03, 2011, 06:09:23 pm »

The author is called Sami. I hope you didn't get to insult me for free.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 03, 2011, 06:13:14 pm »

I have yet to try anything risky like that for exactly the reason you just exemplified.  It is nice to stumble upon a njerpez adventurer, or sometimes a sleeping warrior but I just don't know what to expect in the camps. 

Also, I noticed that the njerpez seem to spread around a lot, do any of the other cultures spread... at all?

You won't see new villages pop up for any of the other cultures, no. Or at least, not in the standard game. It might happen every time Jupiter eclipses the something or other, long astrology joke, but I doubt it actually happens.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Naio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 03, 2011, 07:29:15 pm »

i've fallen and i cant get up.

literally -

i went to sleep, thought i was inside, i got bitterly cold (its spring?) and now i'm fallen and cant find out how to stand.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 03, 2011, 07:31:19 pm »

i've fallen and i cant get up.

literally -

i went to sleep, thought i was inside, i got bitterly cold (its spring?) and now i'm fallen and cant find out how to stand.

Shift+3
R

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 03, 2011, 07:32:14 pm »

lol that happens to me constantly!

too tired to stand anymore, so my guy crawls on the ground all over the place, hell ive chopped down tree's while sitting down. lol.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 101