Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299695 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #510 on: December 26, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »

when you eat mushrooms, just cook them. it will avoid poisoning. in the same soup I had sand and noiedi, and I got no ill effect.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 26, 2010, 02:15:03 pm »

Uggg...still not able to smoke meat. Below is my cabin, with fireplace. But even when there is a fire going in there or its just gone out, when i attempt to smoke meat it says i still lack a heated room. Am I doing something wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 26, 2010, 02:37:40 pm »

I think it is a combination of size + windows, that the game thinks it is open.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 26, 2010, 02:59:29 pm »

Someone mind posting a picture of a cabin with a fireplace that they can smoke meat in? Just so I can see. If it is the size, I'll have to make another cabin for the sole purpose of smoking meat
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 26, 2010, 03:08:06 pm »

A 3x3 floor space with no windows and one door will work, all the time. Try opening one of your doors, there is a bug involving them sometimes.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 26, 2010, 03:28:56 pm »

i found an adventurer in my trap pit...
what to do?

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 26, 2010, 03:36:04 pm »

i found an adventurer in my trap pit...
what to do?

Do what any self-respecting cannibal would do.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 26, 2010, 03:37:56 pm »

o right, this is the df forum...

i was thinking about maybe doing something crazy like, i don't know, saving him? :\

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 26, 2010, 03:44:19 pm »

o right, this is the df forum...

i was thinking about maybe doing something crazy like, i don't know, saving him? :\

I don't think you can really do anything to save him.

Maybe give him some food and water and hope he heals enough to climb out. If NPCs can climb... I'm not sure on that.

Edit: On top of that, I'm not even sure they need to eat or drink.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 26, 2010, 03:46:58 pm »

ok, then, i'll give him a proper burial and take good care of his broadsword... it's a pitty he was dead already when i found him... just needed a few arrows to the face to know it

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 26, 2010, 03:56:34 pm »

ok, then, i'll give him a proper burial and take good care of his broadsword... it's a pitty he was dead already when i found him... just needed a few arrows to the face to know it

I swear officer, those arrows from my bow, were already in his face, honest to god.

He must have fallen down in my trap, and knowing it was unlikely to escape, climbed out of the pit stole the bow out of my log cabin, then went back in the hole and shot himself in the face 4 times.

Its such a weird story it must be true.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 26, 2010, 04:27:30 pm »

buried in under a pile of rocs and stones, in an interesting formation of boulders... seems like a cool place to perform rituals

does anybody else do weird things like swimming into the river to perform the fisherman's ritual? also, are the rituals any good?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #522 on: December 26, 2010, 06:56:44 pm »

Some of the food is extremely crap for nutrition.

Turnips, for example, fill the bar like a tiny tiny sliver. I was hungry and ate like 20 pounds of them and it only filled me up as much as 2 pounds of meat.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 26, 2010, 07:19:02 pm »

did you roast them? what about using them in soup?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #524 on: December 26, 2010, 08:13:06 pm »

I ate some raw, I tried some in vegetable soup (with turnip seeds as the "spice"), and I boiled some of them. All together probably 20lbs of them.

All they're really good for that I can see is to put in soup with meat, but in that case they aren't really adding much nutrition - they just let you make soup since it requires vegetables.

A Njerpez raider camp popped up right near my house, so I put on my long mail hauberk and iron great helm over my standard set of bear fur (hood, shirt, leggings, footwear, mittens), grabbed my northern bow with two dozen arrows and my battleaxe, and set off to war.

There were eight of them in total. I approached silently from the north, and immediately spotted one outside his Kota. While hidden, I put an arrow in his skull - killing him instantly. The fellow that was beside him and just out of sight must have seen this and alerted the others, as he rushed toward me with his own bow. Soon I had five of them coming at me. One had a hunting bow, two had shortbows, the other two were rushing me - one with a spear the other with a broadsword. I put three arrows in the one with the hunting bow, the third hitting his skull - apparently knocking him out. I then shot one of the fellows with a shortbow in the arm, making him drop the bow. During this time the two melee were closing on me, and the three archers had been shooting me the entire time. I had taken a few hits, but so far was only sporting a minor (2%) puncture to the left shoulder from the one with the hunting bow - thanks to my armor the other hits were bouncing off.

As the one with the sword closed in, the spearman right beside him, I put two arrows in his leg - making him stumble. The spearman rushed forward and jabbed me in the right hip as I was readying my battleaxe, but the armor stopped it from penetrating too much - causing only a minor (2%) puncture. I then hit him hard in the leg, causing him to fall, and quickly cleaved him in the head - killing the spearman. The swordsman was right behind him, and I assume from the wounds to his leg he stumbled and fell when he tried to hit me with his sword. I quickly cut him in the head as well, killing him too. At this point two more had apparently heard the commotion and were approaching me, and the archer who had dropped his bow was closing in with a knife. The other archer was firing away to little effect, his shortbow apparently not powerful enough to penetrate my combination of mail and bear fur. I rushed the archer with the knife and scored several good hits with my axe before he turned to run. He fled as the two new faces approached. I stepped back a few steps and picked up the arrows all over the ground that the archers had been firing at me, put away my axe, and started firing my bow again - quickly putting an end to one that had a battlesword with a few shots to the head. The other was carrying another hunting bow, and I shot it out of his hands with a shot to the arm. He switched to his scimitar and rushed at me.

At this point there were three left - one archer with a shortbow who had apparently ran out of arrows and was rushing me with a spear, one archer who was running away badly wounded with a knife, and a slightly wounded one with a scimitar. I swapped back to my battleaxe and hacked the one with the spear in the leg twice, he fell on the second hit and I quickly finished him with a chop to the neck. The one with the scimitar was right behind him, and I did much the same to him - a few hits to the legs followed by a lethal blow to the head. I quickly dispatched the poor unconscious archer that had been out cold the whole fight, then readied my bow and ran across the camp - chasing down the last wounded one and putting three arrows in his back.

I searched the camp, carefully checking the Kota and three houses and then the surrounding area. Satisfied that no more were alive, I dismantled the kota and used the wood to set fire to the three houses (after grabbing the loot out of them, ofcourse - I found a shiny necklace in one). I then gathered up a few scraps of clothing from the bodies of the fallen for the cloth, bandaged my two minor punctures, and headed back home. I noticed while leaving that the icon of the camp was gone, as was the pink cultural region indicator on the map - so I believe I've successfully fought off their little incursion into my territory.

I took so many hits to the chest area that my long mail hauberk and bear fur shirt were pretty badly damaged, yet I only had the two very minor puncture wounds. The armor certainly served its purpose. The fur was down to about 80% durability, and the mail is down to about 85%. Luckily I had extra bear fur to repair my bear fur shirt, but I don't have a way to repair the mail. Oh well, I can always travel back to the Driik to buy another when it eventually wears out.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 101