Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299693 times)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #450 on: December 23, 2010, 12:46:49 pm »

Go on. You know you want to.

It's only a couple of euros ...

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 23, 2010, 01:02:59 pm »

Of course, with the little problem that every euro is 5.5 of my currency and that I don't think my father would pay for that. I really need to start making money

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 23, 2010, 01:21:43 pm »

After buying the single version license a couple of times, I caved in and got the Lifetime one.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #453 on: December 23, 2010, 04:27:06 pm »

I've had the lifetime registration for this one a while. Fun game. I just got the new version, haven't played it yet but holy crap I just generated a giant character.

I just started tapping the button waiting for my favorite agility/endurance/speed combo (I always like to get those three maxed since so I can run fast, carry more, and dodge well) when to my surprise this popped up on probably the 100th or so click (I generally stick with a character for a long time, so I like taking a few minutes to reroll for those three stats). I never did get the maxed agility, but I don't think I've ever generated a character with such high overall stats. Almost everything at max! And look at those height and weight values - hes a freaking giant compared to most chars I've made, 6'7". The only issue is he is apparently just about deaf. I wonder how having such low hearing will affect gameplay? Will he fail to hear sounds when hunting?

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Should be a fun character.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:30:22 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 23, 2010, 04:33:14 pm »

Do you always roll for horse-a-phobia? Because I do.

I find all the others are really crippling and annoying. Why do you even HAVE to have a phobia? What's the percentile of the world population that has a crippling phobia?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #455 on: December 23, 2010, 04:44:53 pm »

I generally try to get horse yea, but I'll settle with feline. I just avoid lynxs if I get feline phobia (they aren't THAT common). I find fear of open spaces to be pretty mild too, the character I played that had it only ever had it happen once while I was punting out in the ocean, but he just had a panic attack and dropped his paddle in the boat, which I just picked back up and kept going.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 23, 2010, 05:33:04 pm »

Mine has hydrophobia, but I guess there's no serious consequences as long as I don't try to swim.

Also, I got lucky and found a stag, killed it after 4/5 well placed arrows. He gave me a wooping 500 pounds of meat, of which I could only carry half, which I stored in a cellar after roasting since the wheater isn't proper to dry it, and I don't have a cabin built yet so I couldn't smoke it. Skinning it gave me an enourmous 19 pound skin which is going to take 11 days to cure.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #457 on: December 23, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

Oh man, the fisherman start with a seal-tribe character is easy. I actually have spare food. Like 50lb of fish in a cellar. Now I need to make stuff to trade for axes to make a house.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 23, 2010, 07:11:16 pm »

Reading this thread is also making me want the game :o.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 23, 2010, 07:15:19 pm »

I accidentaly turned my cellar full of plants, that I as going to cook throughout winter, into seeds.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 23, 2010, 07:43:46 pm »

Maybe we should make a group of UnReal World not-players tempted by the thread

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 23, 2010, 07:54:03 pm »

I'm up for that. I would buy it but I already bought/donated to the humble indie bundle and bought some indie games off STEAM. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get a copy of this.

PS - $55USD for a lifetime membership is STEEP... You could almost get CoD5 here for that money... And that's a professionally developed game with a budget with five or six zeros...

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 23, 2010, 08:01:27 pm »

I'm up for that. I would buy it but I already bought/donated to the humble indie bundle and bought some indie games off STEAM. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get a copy of this.

PS - $55USD for a lifetime membership is STEEP... You could almost get CoD5 here for that money... And that's a professionally developed game with a budget with five or six zeros...
Make that 7 or 8 zeros :P

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 23, 2010, 08:08:39 pm »

As good and unique as a roguelike is I can't see a reason to charge more than the accepted indie-game price of $10-15 at most for it... Anything above that is just crazy-town...

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 23, 2010, 08:19:51 pm »

As good and unique as a roguelike is I can't see a reason to charge more than the accepted indie-game price of $10-15 at most for it... Anything above that is just crazy-town...

Yes, this game is really expensive. If I were an indie developter I would everyone play the game and I would set a donation page for anyone that wants to contribute. Like Toady does here. Then of course I would need a job to live, but that's ok, not being able to play a game is really frustrating.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 101