Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299665 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #435 on: December 22, 2010, 09:49:28 pm »

Thank you thank you Blaze!

As for the bugs, we shall see. I played the unregistered version with about 5 characters, never had the crashing to desktop or the world map bug. Although I reported one new bug: one bandage cost 0.5 lbs of cloth, instead of 1lb. It mean that you can make one bandage, then make one new complete bandage from that and got one new one halfuse.   Very handy for start of game.
..... that might have been intentional.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 22, 2010, 11:56:15 pm »

Thanks a ton! :D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 23, 2010, 03:43:37 am »

Doubtfully. We are talking about 1lb bandage from 0.5lbs cloth, then 1lb+0.5lbs bandages from one 1lb bandage. Or 1lb bandage from 0.5lbs bandage (half use)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2010, 06:48:29 am »

Thanks!

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 23, 2010, 08:33:26 am »

That was awfully generous of you Blaze, what a guy! I hereby proclaim that if anyone meets Blaze around the joint and he is of legal age that he is owed a beer :P.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 23, 2010, 09:08:03 am »

That was awfully generous of you Blaze, what a guy! I hereby proclaim that if anyone meets Blaze around the joint and he is of legal age that he is owed a beer :P.
Agree'd.

Do foxes leave tracks? This tracking part of the life in the wilderness course is driving me crazy. I've been climbing up trees and I can see the foxes, but I go near them and where they were when I saw them and I can't find any tracks.

Edit: Nevermind, found elk tracks.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:11:44 am by Cheese »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #441 on: December 23, 2010, 09:35:49 am »

I just realized that I have loads of other games and things to do at the moment, and I'm not likely to make enough use of this registration to justify taking it when so many other people want one. Blaze, could you pass my reg along to someone else instead? I haven't used it yet. And I feel bad about taking it when I probably will only play it for a week or so and then get distracted by some other shiny object.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 23, 2010, 09:55:41 am »

I just realized that I have loads of other games and things to do at the moment, and I'm not likely to make enough use of this registration to justify taking it when so many other people want one. Blaze, could you pass my reg along to someone else instead? I haven't used it yet. And I feel bad about taking it when I probably will only play it for a week or so and then get distracted by some other shiny object.

If there's no one else waiting for it I'd be happy to snag a copy. I dearly love roguelikes.

EDIT: Actually reading back through the thread there seems to be a lot of people who were here first and wanted it. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 09:59:59 am by The13thRonin »
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 23, 2010, 10:20:08 am »

I want one too but like you, I would probably leave the game short after because I have things to do so other people will clearly find it more useful.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 23, 2010, 10:53:26 am »

Many thanks kind sir, thanks to you many njerpes will be meeting their death.

I need to find a town and buy me some nets and a shovel.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 23, 2010, 11:38:26 am »

I have had the worst luck known to man whilst hunting. 11 arrows and three spears are stuck inside this elk that I have been chasing for ages. I have yet to make the kill and reclaim my stoof.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 23, 2010, 11:41:46 am »

I had no food, I kept fishing but I barely made it through the days that way. I went out in hope of finding a village and found a Kiesselais adventurer. I had no choice but to put an arrow in his eye, take his stuff and butcher his body, surviving is srs biz.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 23, 2010, 11:47:32 am »

Not sure if this is a bug, but when cooking most recipes, when it asks you for a "cooking pot" you can actually use any container (tub, bowl, bag). This may be helpful at the beginning if you're living off porridge (no idea why you would that, since eating 1 pound of flour will completely fill you), since for some weird reason you can only make about 1 pound of porridge at a time, even tho pots have a capacity of 6 lbs.

This is probably not a good idea when making soup since soup recipes require almost exactly 6 lbs, so using bowls probably would waste a lot. But tubs, bags, etc are ok if you run out of pots like me. (I often buy barley/rye grains that I can turn into flour and get to kep the bag... a bag holds 12 pounds).

EDIT: also, the "raws" now have different kinds of nutrition values, but I have no idea if these have any long-term effect or are simply different values that add to the total "nutrition". The way I'd program food into a game, I'd make different vitamins, proteins, etc have an effect over the long term (like, not eating any protein for a month), but only caloric intake would matter for the day-to-day.

EDIT2: also, btw, fish soup is GREAT. make sure you get lots of leaves for seasoning in the months after summer, and tons of turnips, you can turn 2 pounds of fish into a whoopin' 6 pounds of delicious nutricious scrumptious soup.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:53:35 am by Sergius »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 23, 2010, 12:11:07 pm »

I have had the worst luck known to man whilst hunting. 11 arrows and three spears are stuck inside this elk that I have been chasing for ages. I have yet to make the kill and reclaim my stoof.
I know how you feel. I wasted all of my javelins then started throwing staves. I then threw my only spear. It ran off and I gave up, leaving me still starving. Now I'm relying on fishing for food. The only trouble is that it takes so long for so little. I need to catch a pike or I end up starting to starve after sleeping.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 23, 2010, 12:33:18 pm »

Reading this thread is tempting me.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 101