Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299622 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #405 on: December 18, 2010, 11:13:10 am »

Psh, I'm too late I guess, my little barbarian just exploded after the 10 day trial expired. Guess its back to Diablo 2 for me.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 18, 2010, 11:50:34 am »

On second thoughts, I'll give up my slot.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 18, 2010, 11:55:52 am »

I call dibs on that.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 18, 2010, 12:01:01 pm »

Did that link work though?

In any case, share-its delaying my payments, raggle-fraggle bulk buy issues. So gimme a moment while this checks out.

So one for Sonerohi and Hugehead. EuchreJack's already got one.

@PenguinOverlord & John Gaden: Is that a "I want one" or just a statement?
Sure, I'll reserve one of them. The game looks neat.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 18, 2010, 12:05:33 pm »

I call dibs on that.
Well.. Pillow killer was the first after me to ask. I guess it's up to Blaze and perhaps Pillow.

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 18, 2010, 12:09:28 pm »

10 days is barely enough to get starved to death. Are you starved to death yet?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 18, 2010, 12:14:45 pm »

Didn't starve to death, after the 10 day trial ended the game just sorta told me to GTFO and I exploded into ludicrous gibs. I had very little problems with starvation since I was lucky enough to find a reindeer and shoot it to death, which give me over 100 lbs of meat to roast :o
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 18, 2010, 12:18:43 pm »

In my trial I ate a mushroom, spent the rest of the game on the riverside fishing trying to survive since it was poison, much more fun than wandering around chasing deer and shit.

Losing is fun!
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 18, 2010, 12:22:00 pm »

10 javelins are about right for an elk. If you can oath of iron, half that. The first 3 shots in one engagement is to the legs so it cant run. Then you can throw at the head or body.

I must say the tanning process in v3.13 is just the right sort of complicated. That elk took me 3 days to finish it all: roast and tan.

As to mushroom, I stay the heck away from them. There's certainly some good sort but if you remember wrong name you can kiss your character goodnight Gracie.

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 18, 2010, 10:14:19 pm »

Read the UnrealWorld forum. Some peeps complained about javelins. too inaccurate for them apparently.

I dont know, really. Of course I hunt with Oath-of-Ironed javelins but even when I had to do without I dont have complaints. Stack 10+ javelins with you and go. Find a big prey (elk or stag). Shoot 5 javs into his leg. The animal generally cant get away at that point. The 6th or 7th will be to the head. The 8th generally kill it. For safe's luck I just shoot all of them to the legs, most of them at the edge of vision.

10+ javelins are a bit heavy but I consider it fair tradeoff: if I wield a bow, when enemies get close I have to change to melee weapons, wasting a turn. Bear could make mincemeat out of me in that case. With javelins I just wield the most proficient melee weapons in one hand and keep throwing at them.

50+ arrows is nice and light but the potential danger make me a conservative guy.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 18, 2010, 10:47:01 pm »

Wait, someone said something about giving away slots? Hmm... I would really like to play the new version of this...

Is a successful winter still dreadfully boring, or is there now a way to skip large chunks of time faster?

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 18, 2010, 10:57:13 pm »

Depend on when you start. If you start in winter, it's a deadly time. Start in Autumn and you probably got a house built and just tinker around with furniture and layout. Start in Spring or Summer and the game is almost over, ie you got a stable source of  food.

And no, it's harder. Berries got almost nothing in term of nutrition. burntout fire no longer keep you warm as previously. Bowls value got nerfed.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 18, 2010, 11:14:58 pm »

... was that in response to me? Cause... thats not an answer to what I asked... :/

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 18, 2010, 11:27:20 pm »

No there's no way to skip large chunk of time. Yes, it's still boring if you start in spring or summer.

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 20, 2010, 10:35:42 pm »

With the coming of version 313, mods become feasible. You can make your own craftable items using only in-game existing items. However, there're certain difficulties to go with it:

1. The place you place the command to make that item. Like shortbow in the submenu weapon. or wooden stakes in submenu Lumber. There's a ingame limit of howmany items can appear in one list, so it mean there's a limit on the number of mods you can have on one game (big) and a limit of logical places for each of them (small). In the end we will be limited to a small list of mods if we want a consistent game.

2. Conflicting mods. Maybe we put some mods in one big file. Then some mods into each small file. In the end they may conflict with each other. The solution of using onemod/onefile is not without merit but that could lead to too many files in a game folder.

Solution: Make an excell file. List the command that lead to that item. List the place that item command are stored in. Small description of that action. Small description of that item.

It could get quite tricky quite fast.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 101