Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299427 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2010, 09:20:59 pm »

If you've got a fur cloak or something, you can rip a bunch of tying materials from it and still be able to wear it.

I think I heard about that. How do you do it?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2010, 12:31:49 am »

[M] to enter the make menu.
[2] to select Misc Equipment or whatever.
[2] to select primitive cord.
Enter how many you would like to make.

The clothing may or may not have to be unequipped, I'm not sure.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2010, 12:54:41 pm »

Got it.

Another peculiar situation: I've managed to settle down in a forested area by some rapids, and have recently began to hear the sound of large trees being felled quite often. I've looked around my tile, trying to find the source of such sounds, to no avail. I've read about foreign traders conducting massive deforestation sometimes, so I'm concerned. However, I've used my tracking skills, and found no tracks whatsoever in the adjacent tiles.

Sound-related bug? Ghostly lumberjacks? :o

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 23, 2010, 11:11:41 am »

Sometimes a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it. Otherwise, it does make a sound.

That's why there are always fallen trees in completely uninhabited areas.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 23, 2010, 11:22:37 am »

Sometimes a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it. Otherwise, it does make a sound.

That's why there are always fallen trees in completely uninhabited areas.

Thanks for finally answering the age-old question, "If a tree falls in the forest and no one's around, does it make a sound".

Sagabal

• Bay Watcher
  • Komrade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2010, 11:04:59 am »

I seem to be having a crash bug whereupon the game freezes and windows spits up an error every time i finish making a new character or try to load a saved one.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: Welp, it was fixed by using the installer instead of the archive.  Don't know what was up with that.

Another peculiar situation: I've managed to settle down in a forested area by some rapids, and have recently began to hear the sound of large trees being felled quite often. I've looked around my tile, trying to find the source of such sounds, to no avail. I've read about foreign traders conducting massive deforestation sometimes, so I'm concerned. However, I've used my tracking skills, and found no tracks whatsoever in the adjacent tiles.

Sound-related bug? Ghostly lumberjacks? :o

It's a sound bug in the current version.  Sami said in the dev forum that it will be fixed in the next version/patch.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:44:00 pm by Sagabal »

Leesin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 15, 2010, 02:58:43 am »

Have played URW for quite a while now, not religiously or all of the time, but it's definately a really fun game to play. Really like the combat/armour system aswell as all the crafting bits and bobs. Sometimes I just like to create a mess around character ( rather than get my main character killed after building cottages etc lol ) and attack villages, the other day I was mobbed by the entire village, what actually killed me in the end was a KICK to the groin by a CHILD, rofl. Said I fell unconcious from pain and never woke up.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 16, 2010, 03:14:42 am »

I bought the current version, and can't play it because everything in my settlement keeps dissapearing. Och.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 16, 2010, 05:02:30 am »

Make sure you install the fix patch too.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2010, 09:21:24 am »

Hi guys I've tried this game its nice and all but why are half naked real-life people with long hairs jumping around in this game?

EDIT: also why am I, when doing actions, change into a completely different person?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:26:46 am by justinlee999 »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2010, 11:19:05 am »

The pictures are just illustrations, they're a little silly though.

And the picture that changes isn't you, it's just an illustration of what you're doing.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2010, 03:49:50 pm »

I have so much more trouble planning a house now with the tiers. I'll be like "That spot has enough flat land, but that spot has some cool slopes to work with, and that little pocket canyon is sensible for a cellar" and then there are too many options.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2010, 05:01:42 pm »

And you play DF? ???
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2010, 05:23:12 pm »

I make DF my bitch. In DF, I'll have enough workers both to do the work in a sensible time frame, and to occupy the structure. In UrW, I've got myself, and some sheep.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 05, 2010, 06:46:57 pm »

The pictures are just illustrations, they're a little silly though.

And the picture that changes isn't you, it's just an illustration of what you're doing.

And what's with the cotton beards anyway?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 101