Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299818 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #645 on: January 01, 2011, 02:29:39 pm »

Saw my first bear. It was also the last thing I saw. That was a good character too.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 01, 2011, 04:34:42 pm »

Saw my first bear, it was stuck in one of my pit-traps. Ran up and started poking it with a spear-stick until it died. that's a lot a meat and a really huge fur....

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 01, 2011, 05:46:49 pm »

When I find an animal, dangerous or not, I tend to shoot its legs until it goes down, then shoot its head. No bear has ever reached me, if they even charged at all, the bears I've encountered ran after a couple shots. My character has fairly high stats and 65% bow skill, though, so YMMV.

I find that it's generally not worth going after any game smaller than a pig or wolf, smaller game doesn't leave tracks and takes too many hits to kill unless you get really lucky. Even then all you get is a hide that you can't make anything from and a couple bites of meat.

Naio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: January 01, 2011, 08:52:48 pm »

So i bought the game  a while back - i purchased the "major version" of 3.1 so i should be able to download the current version.

where do igo to do this?  anyone got some help?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: January 01, 2011, 08:58:56 pm »

Try downloading it off the site and using the same info you received with that version with the new one. Or do what I did, which is basically extrating it on the same folder the older one is and merging the two.

Also, am I the only one that attacks all adventurers/traders I meet and steal their stuff?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 09:01:04 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: January 01, 2011, 09:25:19 pm »

i was thinking about doing this to a town of drik, but when i first started playing i did that, against a child driik, and.... he fucked me up then after he fucked me up,the whole town came after me lol. i was lying ont he ground because he ... kicked me in the leg lol and then suddenly a swarm of 6 villagers came onto me and killed me.

heh that was one mean strong kid!
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: January 02, 2011, 01:10:02 am »

This game is fun.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: January 02, 2011, 06:56:11 am »

I don't understand why the game generates a new world for every character. I guess I'm too spoiled by DF.

Great game nonetheless. The lack of a permanent world across plays, however, shows why Toady is a genius indie developer, while Sami is just a great one.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: January 02, 2011, 11:49:18 am »

I don't understand why the game generates a new world for every character. I guess I'm too spoiled by DF.

Great game nonetheless. The lack of a permanent world across plays, however, shows why Toady is a genius indie developer, while Sami is just a great one.

That's kind of insulting.  Sure it'd be a neat feature, but I hardly think it's fair to demean URW because it lacks that one thing.  Besides, unlike DF there's not much need for persistence; the game's about survival in a harsh world, your greatest accomplishment will probably be a really nice house in the middle of nowhere.  Two different game philosophies.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #654 on: January 02, 2011, 11:53:49 am »

I don't really think they should be compared.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: January 02, 2011, 12:06:18 pm »

That's kind of insulting.  Sure it'd be a neat feature, but I hardly think it's fair to demean URW because it lacks that one thing.  Besides, unlike DF there's not much need for persistence; the game's about survival in a harsh world, your greatest accomplishment will probably be a really nice house in the middle of nowhere.  Two different game philosophies.

that a bear wanders into, and chews on your face for a snack while your sleeping.

Unreal world is more fun for me than DF adventure mode, so much more fun.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #656 on: January 02, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »

One is a realistic iron age survival sim, the other is a fantasy world sim. They have a different premise and different goals, not really comparable. I mean if you want to say URW has these harsh environments, well you sure won't be pecked to death by skeletal buzzards or killed by the risen ghost of the soapmaker you let die of hunger in unreal world will you?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: January 02, 2011, 02:07:00 pm »

That's kind of insulting.

Oh, sorry. I think you are too self-entitled for your own good though.  Or maybe you are Sami instead? What about the part I called him a GREAT game developer? And his game as well?

The games are completely comparable. Adventure mode is heading for the same kind of survival approach than UrW. The difference is that DF aspires for being so much more than just a survival sim.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: January 02, 2011, 07:59:10 pm »

That's kind of insulting.

Oh, sorry. I think you are too self-entitled for your own good though.  Or maybe you are Sami instead? What about the part I called him a GREAT game developer? And his game as well?

The games are completely comparable. Adventure mode is heading for the same kind of survival approach than UrW. The difference is that DF aspires for being so much more than just a survival sim.
Man, what? Arrogant DF fanatic, I guess? There's no need to be a jerk.
Anyway, to be on topic, started my first character and set up a shelter on a lake side, trying to fish for food and hunt that single badger that badgered me for days with the temptation of actual food. After a few days with no success and starvation looming, I went looking for a settlement. Found a vagabond sage, killed him, and cut his carcass up for 32 pieces of juicy human meat. Afterwards I realized I forgot to skin his hide so I could finally make some kind of rope with which to make an axe, bah. Currently living in his kota, though, so things look pretty good.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 09:29:27 pm by Rakonas »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: January 02, 2011, 09:52:28 pm »

Two fine bear hides, three ok lynx hides, and too damn many squirrel hides. It will be a warm winter.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 101