Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299800 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #630 on: December 31, 2010, 06:08:15 pm »

Yeah the amount of food consumed is absurd, you can eat 100 mushrooms a day and still be hungry.
The devs stated that the hunger bar represents nutrition in the form of caloric intake not how filling it is.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 31, 2010, 07:27:49 pm »

i thought fish was highly nutritional since its like 100% protein and thereby high in calories?

in that case...

Cant i just eat the fat from animals? dont the inuit tribes eat seal fat or something.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:34:04 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 31, 2010, 08:01:49 pm »

Fat works, I think. Roast bear cuts were always consumed completely, but a single bear fat lasted more than one (large) meal.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 31, 2010, 10:29:20 pm »

Fat works, I think. Roast bear cuts were always consumed completely, but a single bear fat lasted more than one (large) meal.
fat ridiculously satisfy you.

laclongquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 01, 2011, 12:48:30 am »

In version 313 Bear seem to be the most nutrious meat. I got a stack of 100 dried bear cut that can fill 40% of that hunger bar. Another stack fill less than 25%. And they dont display delicious, bland... like the past version.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 01, 2011, 02:51:01 am »

Tried it, loved it, bought it, loving it more. This is possibly the best forum to learn of interesting games I've ever found. Currently going through 'easy mode' with a Fisherman with a few nets, and was wondering something. Do animals swim? I'm building a pen for sheep I plan to buy, and knowing if I have to fence out the back portion would be usefull in saving slender logs.

Also, How do you guys get animals into the pen? I don't see an option for a gate...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 01, 2011, 02:55:16 am »

Tried it, loved it, bought it, loving it more. This is possibly the best forum to learn of interesting games I've ever found. Currently going through 'easy mode' with a Fisherman with a few nets, and was wondering something. Do animals swim? I'm building a pen for sheep I plan to buy, and knowing if I have to fence out the back portion would be usefull in saving slender logs.

Also, How do you guys get animals into the pen? I don't see an option for a gate...
you climb over the fence with the climb command and the poor animal is dragged over with your leash.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 01, 2011, 09:17:35 am »

Some skills seem to raise quickly. Swimming and climbing are very easy to raise. Most other skills are very difficult to raise. I once spent an entire winter training dodge by putting on a whole bunch of padding (several sets of fur armor) and getting in a pen with 3 angry sheep and letting them beat on me while trying to dodge them. I eventually got it to 100, but it took the entire winter and most of spring. A large portion of the time was healing up the injuries between attempts though.

Thanks for reminding me which forum this is.   ;D
Definitely a Dwarfy idea.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #638 on: January 01, 2011, 11:18:03 am »

Animals take a lot of killing, don't the? I put 7 javelins into a wolf, 1 of them into the head, before it stayed down long enough for me to run up to it and knife it in the eye to finish it off. I got 35 cuts of meat, though, which was worth it.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 01, 2011, 11:27:26 am »

I one-shotted a lynx with a longbow. It tried to run away, too, instead of attacking me. Are they no longer the death machines that we knew and loved, or did I just get really lucky?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 01, 2011, 12:11:37 pm »

A squirrel got hit by my arrow and it ran off, with my arrow in its body, and not only that but it ran faster than i could run after it :/

I like to imagine that squirrel living a long life in the forest, with a 3 foot stick poking out both sides of him, crawling around and generally being a menace to all other squirrels by asking for free food.

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 01, 2011, 12:13:34 pm »

Heh, thats nothing. I once managed to get two bolts from a heave crossbow into a squirrels... head! It ran away!
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 01, 2011, 12:17:01 pm »

I got two arrows in a bear's legs before it attacked me, then I basically handaxe'd his head till he fell. Dodged both of his strikes, I killed a bear in melee without a scratch. Njerpez warriors are scarier, but then again bears don't wear chainmail and use scimitars.

Or do they?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:45:45 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 01, 2011, 12:33:26 pm »

Heh, thats nothing. I once managed to get two bolts from a heave crossbow into a squirrels... head! It ran away!

A weasel which survives that...dude you be glad it run away!

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 01, 2011, 02:26:26 pm »

A weasel which survives that...dude you be glad it run away!

yea your lucky it didnt just get irritated and come and feed you those arrows.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 101