Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299802 times)

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #615 on: December 30, 2010, 09:51:00 pm »

so Thanks for the rope from clothes idea, i apparently tore  a little piece off my pants and tied it to a rock and a piece of stone got an axe!

now i constantly have a roasting fire right next to me, that seems to burn for like 24 hours i swear!, setting a huge log on fire burns forever!

now to begin to understand hunting more.

Also spear fishing SUCKS. i sat there and spear fished for i think 12 hours one day and caught nothing lol.

does spear fishing take into account your spear skill and your fishing skill? or just fishing skill?

Thank god if you do the tutorial unreal world choice, it gives you a fishing pole. since i still cant find big game, and nothing i make is worth anything seemingly to these damn villagers :(

another question though...

how fast do skills increase percent? i fish every day atliest 3x for food just about, how fast will my fishing skill increase?

Not sure if spear-fishing uses your spear skill at all. Nets are the way to go as far as fishing is concerned, though. I had a couple nets and was fishing (with a fishing pole) on the side to pass the time and fish were spoiling faster than I could eat them.

I think your success at fishing, even with nets, relies on your fishing skill, so you may have a harder or easier time than I did.

Skills increase pretty slowly, I think it might go faster with higher intelligence, but my character has almost a full intelligence bar and skilling up is still pretty slow. I think my bow skill has only gone up 5% at most and almost a year has passed in-game. I've killed at least a dozen njerpez warriors and numerous animals, all with a bow.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 30, 2010, 09:54:53 pm »

I just found a stag, if I don't get this one, It'll mean the doom of my most succesful character so far D:

Also, do skills increase at different rates? My climbing skill is almost at 100%, and my survival one is just 56%, even though I make fires more often then climb stuff.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:56:42 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #617 on: December 30, 2010, 10:08:47 pm »

Some skills seem to raise quickly. Swimming and climbing are very easy to raise. Most other skills are very difficult to raise. I once spent an entire winter training dodge by putting on a whole bunch of padding (several sets of fur armor) and getting in a pen with 3 angry sheep and letting them beat on me while trying to dodge them. I eventually got it to 100, but it took the entire winter and most of spring. A large portion of the time was healing up the injuries between attempts though.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 31, 2010, 08:41:38 am »

What is the best way to find bears? I am trying to prepare for winter but hands are face still only have yellow warmth protection. I need better fur to protect them.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 31, 2010, 11:18:37 am »

i usually find a njerpez maiden suits my face well.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 31, 2010, 11:47:34 am »

Unluckily, skinning humans isn't possible. wearing Njerpez heads would solve the cold problem. especially considering that my character is fairly small, and so a big skull could even be comfortable to wear.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 31, 2010, 11:54:28 am »

Try layering clothes, you can wear some types of cloth over others but it may not work both ways. For example, in the older versions where cold was MUCH more deadly, I had to wear generic fur over forest reindeer fur over bear fur clothing in order to stay outdoors indefinitely.

Don't worry about the mobility loss from the extra weight; skis more than compensate and ski skill increases relatively quickly.

As for skill increases, the lower the skill is the easier it is to raise (Duh). The game doesn't have "Skill experience"; when a skill is used, the game rolls a random number (Between 1-100?). If the number is greater than your current skill level you gain a point.

Of course, this "skill raise check" doesn't occur 100% of the time. You can check the modding files to see how often crafting skills call this routine, but for other skills I have no idea.

You can metagame a bit by running the F5 tasks over and over. Every time you complete the a course you can choose 5 skills to increase; similar to how you assign extra points in character creation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:03:53 pm by Blaze »

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 31, 2010, 12:06:37 pm »

I got another question...

Can you make your character grow in weight and strength?

like if i eat extra food or something will my character become fatter?

also whoever stated bowls are worth alot...

well your right, i stopped making spears, and started making bowls and boy they love bowls. bought me a nice axe and a pig!

How much meat is on a pig?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 12:12:32 pm by Journier »

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 31, 2010, 12:33:35 pm »

I'm not entirely sure about pigs, but I believe they give around 40-80 cuts.

No, your character weight doesn't change. And the only way to increase stats is to complete an F5 course.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 31, 2010, 12:35:42 pm »

I've been saved, by a bear no less. Found a bear, spent my last arrows on him and had fought him in melee in the end. I won.

It was a rather small bear though, only gave me nearly 200 pounds of meat, but gave me a awesome large skin to make myself a fur cloak.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:49 pm »

are you in the north finding all these big game?

south west seems to blow near the coast.

my character is probably going to kill himself due to just eating fish constantly, protein poisoning, its a killer!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 31, 2010, 03:02:52 pm »

Or mercury posioning. ::)
Yes I know mercury poisoning in fish didn't happen until recently.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 31, 2010, 03:10:38 pm »

I found the bear in the south, southwest actualy, it was a rather small bear though, I dunno how much meat bea usualy give, but he gave me less meat then a stag.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:24 pm »

how many pounds of meat does your character eat every day? mine seems to eat like 4 pounds of fish + a day. which seems crazy.

or 1 pound of rye bread :/

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 31, 2010, 03:21:39 pm »

Depends on the type of meat, I usualy only eat 2/3 pounds of bear meat everyday because it is so filling. If its reindeer its usualy 4 or 5.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101