Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299746 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #525 on: December 26, 2010, 09:19:05 pm »

all the items i had on my camp suddenly disappeared, this includes a bunch of stockpiled wood, my furs, my work axes, my punt, the food in my cellar, and even the plants that were still growing, all wiped out when i went to check a trap, i didn't even left the local map, just walked a couple screens north and when i returned everything had disappeared... this really sucks

i had just killed a couple of wolves and had two fine furs i was planning on doing something awesome with, and mu punt... :( what am i gonna do without my punt

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #526 on: December 26, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »

That sucks. I had heard about a disappearing item glitch in an older version, but I thought Sami has squashed that one. Might want to post about it in the official forum.

-edit- Nevermind, just saw that you already have :)

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 26, 2010, 09:24:55 pm »

The controls are pretty clunky ???. I hope you get used to them over time.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 26, 2010, 09:35:20 pm »

yeah, the interface and graphics are even worse than df's... everything is always so many keystrokes away...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #529 on: December 26, 2010, 10:25:58 pm »

Maybe I've just been playing a long time, but everything seems pretty user friendly to me. alt + letter for quick skill access, 3 to redo the same attack (same aim and with same weapon) against a target to save you time in combat, r to redo the last action, letter keys to access anything in a list. The menus all have key shortcuts for the options, so you can just tap through them quick if you know what you're trying to do and the shortcut for it. Most of the commonly done things im so used to doing that i hit the key combo for them automatically without thinking about it :D
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 26, 2010, 10:33:10 pm »

the problem is when you're repeatedly doing something that requires several keystrokes. alt something, select one reagent, select another reagent, select the third reagent, space. repeat 20 times. screw up several times. it gets frustrating, but hey! i'm still playing... or was, till i got robbed. i simply lost the will to live.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 27, 2010, 12:28:14 am »

Uggg...still not able to smoke meat. Below is my cabin, with fireplace. But even when there is a fire going in there or its just gone out, when i attempt to smoke meat it says i still lack a heated room. Am I doing something wrong?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did you stand next to the fireplace?

Also, make sure your North and South walls are... northern and southern walls, respectively.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 27, 2010, 12:30:04 am »

A 3x3 floor space with no windows and one door will work, all the time. Try opening one of your doors, there is a bug involving them sometimes.

Got rid of the shutters, and three of the doors, so I only have one left. Works fine now, thanks
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 27, 2010, 12:35:02 am »

Can someone help me get a good start on this? I keep wandering around until I simply eventually die.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 27, 2010, 12:42:44 am »

Can someone help me get a good start on this? I keep wandering around until I simply eventually die.

At the beginning, you're going to need a continuous source of food, which unfortunately pretty much means fish only. (you can't really control when you get meat or not, and there is nothing to harvest in the first seasons). Try to make a shelter next to a fish source and just fish and fish until you get a few bigg-ish fishes that can keep you fed for a few days. This can be really annoying because with low skill you can go a whole day without getting any decent fish. But at least it's not as random as hunting or trapping at first.

Once you do that, try making a few wooden bowls, that you can trade in a town for flour or grains or something. Turn the grains into flour. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, or if there's any long-term negative effects, but eating the flour directly is absurdly filling. Like, 1 lb of flour will get rid of the ENTIRE hunger bar. A bag of grain/flour holds about 12 lbs.

When/if you decide to try other methods of food, you're probably still going to spend the time fishing or carving to trade while you wait for your traps to catch something or your crops to grow, or even between hunts.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 27, 2010, 12:43:58 am »

I think you pretty much have the game at this point. Kidding!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 27, 2010, 02:22:10 am »

Trading in bowls and javelins for basic foods, axes, and animals is the best way to start. First, prep the site of your future home by cutting down 15-20 trees, and building a cellar. Next, make all your trade goods. After that, buy the biggest animal you can afford. Chill out in the village while you steal one of their cabins for meat smoking, and tan the hide. Make whatever clothes you can with the hide, and drop all the meat in your cellar at home. Build with your pre-cut logs. Victory.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 27, 2010, 06:53:25 am »

Raw meat takes too long to spoil, or I've run into a weird bug. I shot down a stag, put the hide to tan, put meat in a lean to (not cellar!) and then proceeded to build a 3x5 smoke-house which took me like a month. The meat didn't spoil while I was doing this, so I smoked it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 27, 2010, 07:32:21 am »

Are you in winter? Food doesn't spoil in winter.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 27, 2010, 07:33:49 am »

It's June  ???
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 101