Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299672 times)

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #495 on: December 25, 2010, 06:55:49 am »

I've had the lifetime registration for this one a while. Fun game. I just got the new version, haven't played it yet but holy crap I just generated a giant character.

I just started tapping the button waiting for my favorite agility/endurance/speed combo (I always like to get those three maxed since so I can run fast, carry more, and dodge well) when to my surprise this popped up on probably the 100th or so click (I generally stick with a character for a long time, so I like taking a few minutes to reroll for those three stats). I never did get the maxed agility, but I don't think I've ever generated a character with such high overall stats. Almost everything at max! And look at those height and weight values - hes a freaking giant compared to most chars I've made, 6'7". The only issue is he is apparently just about deaf. I wonder how having such low hearing will affect gameplay? Will he fail to hear sounds when hunting?

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Should be a fun character.

Deaf giant? You rolled Lou Ferigno.  :D

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 25, 2010, 11:33:45 pm »

Question about fireplaces. Do I build one where a wall would be, or inside of the room itself? Also, I know you move wood onto the fireplace, but does it matter if its firewood or a tree trunk?
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 25, 2010, 11:46:46 pm »

You build it inside the room, as any piece of furniture, and as far as I know it doesn't matter what you use for firewood, be it trunks or firewood itself. I prefer firewood because you can make tons of it with a single trunk, which gives you more fuel then just burning the trunk in one go.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #498 on: December 26, 2010, 12:33:59 am »

Fireplaces warm the house with the ashes rather than just the fire itself, so you can build just build a decent sized fire and it will last you the night - you don't have to burn a log in it every time. You can just use fire wood or wood blocks and save on wood. Plus wood blocks and firewood are easier to move around, it would be kinda a pain to drag a tree trunk inside every time you wanted a fire. Plus its rather silly that a tree trunk would even fit in the fire place (it does, just saying it probably shouldn't).
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 26, 2010, 01:39:07 am »

Do i have to wait until the fire turns into ashes before i can dry meat in the room? I originally built a cabin, built a fireplace, started a fire there, and was unable to dry meat there, because i lacked a heated room.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 26, 2010, 02:48:26 am »

You may be mistaking "smoking" for "drying" meat.  Smoking meat uses the heated room, drying meat needs a wall and proper weather conditions.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 26, 2010, 05:17:45 am »

i'm fine paying 3$ every few months, i spend more on coffee everyday

The truth.

Plus, you don't have to buy the newest release. If you skip one every time, buying every other release, you'll get the 38th release later before having coughed up more than $55. How many releases have there been to date in 10 years?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 26, 2010, 09:57:25 am »

I caved and bought the current release.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 26, 2010, 10:34:31 am »

I bought a major version.

I started with a character, with good stats. I invested heavily in fishing skill to have an easy source of food. however, I did a mistake. I started deep in the south and in this area there is nothing larger than a squirrel. Which makes me worried about winter, since I'll have no way to preserve food(no cord) and nothing to keep me warm.
I am now building a trap fence, but It won't be ready before winter. Or at least it won't be as big as it needs to be to catch anything.

bad situation. suggestions? maybe I should start working on woodcrafting to trade with the villages, so that I can get some more clothes/animals?

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 26, 2010, 10:36:43 am »

I bought a major version.

I started with a character, with good stats. I invested heavily in fishing skill to have an easy source of food. however, I did a mistake. I started deep in the south and in this area there is nothing larger than a squirrel. Which makes me worried about winter, since I'll have no way to preserve food(no cord) and nothing to keep me warm.
I am now building a trap fence, but It won't be ready before winter. Or at least it won't be as big as it needs to be to catch anything.

bad situation. suggestions? maybe I should start working on woodcrafting to trade with the villages, so that I can get some more clothes/animals?

Kidnap some villagers for food.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 26, 2010, 10:49:54 am »

I'd rather raid their farms, or steal their clothes while they are sleeping.

But I want to keep that for later, when there is nothing else I can do.
I don't want villagers to atatck me until I get armor and weapons.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 26, 2010, 11:20:48 am »

If you need cords you can tear a bit off some of your clothes; they still provide the same protection no matter their condition.

There's also an exploit-y thing with bandages, where you can make a bandage, make a single cord out of that bandage, then use that bandage to make another full bandage, repeat ad nauseum - but yeah, it's an exploit.

Try climbing trees or hills. The height advantage reveals large animals.

Once you've got a bit of cord, try your hand at using loop snares. It won't be enough to store for the winter, but it'll make the most out of the time you have left and every bit of food helps.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 11:23:40 am by Blaze »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 26, 2010, 11:25:16 am »

if you want cords, make a bandage

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 26, 2010, 12:03:55 pm »

yellow fingers, edible? i'm kind of starvin, cuz i forgot to check my nets and the fish rotted away

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 26, 2010, 01:31:55 pm »

Yellow fingers mushrooms are edible raw and cooked.

Spoiler: Huge mushroom spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:38:55 pm by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 101