Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299312 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2009, 08:14:09 pm »

Am I the only one that plays their character like a real person might actually act? I don't kill people or massacre villages. The only people I fight are the Njerpez, but they kinda have it coming considering they're raiders here to loot and pillage and kill the friendly villagers. I don't even massacre animals - if I find a herd of reindeer I'll only shoot as much as I can use - usually one, sometimes a few more if it's the right time of the year to dry the meat. Everything I want I trade for or make myself, usually trading smoked or dried meat or furs for what I need.

Maybe I'm nutty, but it would seem weird to run around massacreing peaceful villages for no reason. I just don't picture the character I'm playing as a mass murdering psychopath.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2009, 08:15:34 pm »

I do that, too. In fact, the first time I massacred a town was yesterday because everyone wandered off after my spinning antics, leaving the merchants to fend for themselves.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2009, 08:51:12 pm »

Am I the only one who actually eats the people? I just started a new game as a farmer, and im camping near a town. When I am hungry I walk in kill a guy and drag him off  :D

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2009, 09:04:00 pm »

Am I the only one who actually eats the people? I just started a new game as a farmer, and im camping near a town. When I am hungry I walk in kill a guy and drag him off  :D

I ate a plague child. Didn't turn out so well. Those seal tribe children are so tender though.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2009, 09:11:29 pm »

Um how am I to build my cabin if I can not lift the logs to place them all in one spot to build with...

Also do I have to plant in summer? I just started a new game as a farmer.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:34 pm »

Well I downloaded it to give it a try.  Crashed both times when I was trying to build a shelter.  I did enjoy the little bit I played.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2009, 09:22:36 pm »

Well I am signing up for the UnReal World forums as "Saxon". We need to get all bay12 people on there that have bought the game to repopulate their pretty much dead forums please  ;)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2009, 09:24:32 pm »

You can 'm'ove logs over to places.
I'm not sure about planting. I just raid the fields near towns.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2009, 09:29:00 pm »

You have to plant in spring I believe. I've heard that you can plant early fall and have your crops go through winter for a late spring harvest, but I've not had the chance to test this.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 16, 2009, 11:47:50 am »

Buyed it yesterday, till now 6+ hours of great fun and its getting better for 2€.

How many people have you killed?  :)

I think I killed about 3 or so in my first 6 hours of playing ...

None. Im roleplaying a hunter character. Actually i didnt saw a human being for two weeks now.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 16, 2009, 11:47:54 am »

You can't plant too early in the spring. AFAIK.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2009, 12:01:58 pm »

None. Im roleplaying a hunter character. Actually i didnt saw a human being for two weeks now.
I like to intentionally settle a day or so's walk from towns.
Its nice to be out on your own, surviving, without human contact.

Also, I find it amusing to see people claim they 'won' before winter even started.
Before declaring 'victory' try actually playing through winter. It can be difficult and fun.
But if you think you've 'won,' I'll only believe you if you've made it through at least one winter.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2009, 12:09:24 pm »

Buyed it yesterday, till now 6+ hours of great fun and its getting better for 2€.

Ah ... oops .. I now see the ambiguity of my first post ... sorry, it was genuinely unintentional, but at least it served to root out a few psychopaths here  :D.

I meant, "how many characters have you led to death through starvation or stupidity"

For what it's worth I also try and RP my little guys as much as possible, as if they were proper people with real motivations.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2009, 12:32:49 pm »

Ah ... oops .. I now see the ambiguity of my first post ... sorry, it was genuinely unintentional, but at least it served to root out a few psychopaths here  :D.

I meant, "how many characters have you led to death through starvation or stupidity"

For what it's worth I also try and RP my little guys as much as possible, as if they were proper people with real motivations.
And all of their motivations eventually reach "Kill everything that moves."

My character usually ends up starving because he can't fish and is terrible at hunting. I try to kill a single person in town with the result that everyone mobs me.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2009, 03:20:46 pm »

start in autumn if you have problems with food. berries will help you while you build a trap fence ( made of trap fences and traps every x tiles). I like trap pits with spikes, but you need a shovel for them, and shovels aren't very common, at least in villages other than driik ( never visited Driik yet. not sure if name is spelt correctly.( yes, I know that the full name is muuuch longer)). But if you choose the game course number 2, you will get a shovel during the agriculture task.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 101