Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299297 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2009, 03:25:04 am »

Yeah, some parts of the game definitely need to be rebalanced.

By the way, I've made an executive decision and started a new wiki on wikia.

http://unrealworld.wikia.com/wiki/Unreal_World_Wiki

Please, fill that sucker up!  I've gotten it started but I'm an expert neither in wikis nor in the intricacies of UrW.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 17, 2009, 08:30:42 am »

Some of this may be helpful. Maybe not. It was last updated in 2007, but some of it is hopefully still useful.

http://us.geocities.com/kuikka_tribe/urw.html

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2009, 06:10:09 pm »

Has Sami officially abandoned this game?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2009, 07:04:13 pm »

Has Sami officially abandoned this game?

Nope, check the forums. He keeps dev updates regularly. (the last update in the development news thread is just a couple days ago). Ye of so little faith!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2009, 11:42:20 pm »

He has also officially endorsed the new wiki and it is filling up with info from more experienced players now.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2009, 09:42:23 pm »

So are Driik villages the good ones with all the shops? I've been trying to do the village scenario so I have immediate contact with several villages, hoping to make a couple of good trades for the tools I need, and then raid the villages for armor, more tools, clothes, and food.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2009, 10:03:17 pm »

Yep, Driik's are the ones with the shops, though Kaumo and a few other tribes have shops too.

If you need food, just steal it from their fields. If you need to trade, trade wooden bowls.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 09, 2009, 05:16:08 pm »

I bought the game recently, started a game in autumn and now facing my first winter. thanks to a short trap fence ( should be a full map tile), I have more meat than I could ever think to eat. at the moment, 3 reindeers ,2 stags and an elk. or maybe 2 reindeers. First stag was used to buy pigs and sheeps, since I couldn't keep the meat yet.
So, I am ok for food, but I have some more problems. Wiki said that 700 firewood would be plenty for the winter. But it seem that The number I need is closer to 7000. Which means I have to keep cutting wood in winter, even though after a bit it gets bitterly cold.
How much do windows affect temperature inside the wooden cabin? I think that is the problem: I have 5. I wanted to keep an eye on the fence due to a lynx in the area.

Other problem is boredom: often it is too cold to even get more than a tile away from the fireplace, going outside is madness.
I have full fur, and protection against cold is all green. Is there anything else I can do to keep myself warm? will damaged clothes cover less?
most of them got a bit damaged after a small accident involving 5 reindeers attacking me ( note to self: never, never attack again a group of reindeers alone. Not when I am too far from my raft.It is a surprise that they gave up after I had to fall on the ground exhausted, allowing me to heal... which took a whole week surviving on berries and a small water pool)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 09, 2009, 11:44:19 pm »

700 firewood for winter should work... if you use a fireplace and burn 2 pieces at a time since the ashes should keep you warm for two days.

Otherwise, you can never have too much wood.

Green warmth protection is nothing, you'll need several sets of full clothing to even consider travelling outside your home to gather wood in the winter, especially when the temperature bar hits bottom.

Remember that you can wear layers of clothing, but some clothing blocks other types of clothing, i.e. you cannot wear a reindeer fur coat over a "normal" fur coat, but you can wear a fur coat over a reindeer fur coat. I don't remember the details, but with a bit of experimentation, you can have up to 3 complete sets of clothing on.

There is no way to fix damaged clothing/armor, but it's just as effective as an undamaged piece anyway.

Temperature doesn't work too well in this version, heat only spreads to adjacent tiles; so you might develop frostbite inside your own home, regardless of whether there are windows.

Winter's a great time to practice woodcarving, weatherlore and - if you were smart enough to have made a fireplace adjacent to the water - fishing/cooking. I just carve wooden bowls over and over with all the wooden blocks I stored. Anything that's ruined gets thrown into the fire. But yes, winter is horribly boring.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 11:53:26 pm by Blaze »

atomicwinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2009, 12:05:21 am »

I love survival games with a passion and that is what really brought me to dwarf fortress. It is in essence a survival game. I just downloaded the shareware so lets see how this puppy is.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2009, 03:58:09 am »

Out of curiosity, have those of you who've registered gone for a single release license or the full license? I'm considering registering, but as it appears that not too far in the distant future the next major release will come out I'm currently waiting on that with the intention of buying a single release license.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2009, 09:14:02 am »

So I can wear several layers of cloth?good, but finding the "normal" fur won't be easy.

heat not travelling is quite bad.... I will have to redesign my house next spring.

Also, 2 firewoods lasting for 2 days makes me sad :( that little shouldn't be enough to last so much. A day, maybe, but 2?

It is time to plan a second voyage to the south to find driik villages, they may have some "normal" fur items.

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 10, 2009, 09:17:50 am »

Out of curiosity, have those of you who've registered gone for a single release license or the full license? I'm considering registering, but as it appears that not too far in the distant future the next major release will come out I'm currently waiting on that with the intention of buying a single release license.

I got the full one, but I think it was more to support of an indie game I liked rather than it being any sort of good deal. I got it quite a while ago and there have only been two major updates since. The new update sounds good, but who knows when It'll be finished.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 10, 2009, 09:59:32 am »

That "normal" fur is when you make something out of more then one type of fur. Reindeer fur is if you make it just out of reindeer.

And if 2 firewood a day displeases you, get more firewood. Just pretend you need 5 peices or something.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 10, 2009, 10:34:37 am »

My advice is buy a single version for now, and if you decide that you really like the game, and will like it for years to come go for the life time, or major release ones. Generally, it ought to be cheaper paying for major and single releases than it would be to pay for the lifetime, but I'm sure the developer would apreciate you buying a lifetime lisence.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 101