Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299258 times)

Amber Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrrr?
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2009, 03:14:14 pm »

Also to fix up the Prices, Its $3 for just THAT one Version of the game.
$10 (What I have) Gets you everything in 3.xx. You cant get 4.xx
$55 Gets you EVERYTHING. In the longrun, Its great. But if you are Impatient or have to beg your parents to buy you online games from shadey places, I would rather skip this and get the $10 one.

But It does get boring after a while, I havn't touched my URW icon thats been sitting on my desktop for over two months now.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2009, 06:04:31 pm »

Yeh too repetitive. The only differences is that you start out with different things. Once you get a feild there is no struggle to survive.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2009, 06:30:42 pm »

They should add aliens. THAT EAT THE GROUND.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2009, 06:33:34 pm »

...Woah, where did THAT come from? What they should add is more people in general, ability to make villages, better management for people, as a whole and individually, and of course, eventually, ALL OUT WAR.

Or at least raids. Raids would be fun. Reproducing animals would allow you to breed dogs. Breeding dogs? Permanent supply of disposable decoys that can bring down a man and allow easy execution. Perfect.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2009, 12:56:32 pm »

$10 (What I have) Gets you everything in 3.xx. You cant get 4.xx

According to the site, $10 only gets you 3.1x. That means if there was a version 3.2x, you wouldn't be able to get it.

This may not matter as the next version is probably 4, but if you had paid $10 for the 3.0x series, you would have had to pay again for the 3.1x series.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2009, 08:27:03 pm »

My character is poisoned and I kinda let it get out of hand. Is there any way to cure it besides just resting a lot?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2009, 09:01:17 pm »

I got food poisoning my first character, and he just needed three or so days to recover from it. He'd vomit occasionally, but he was still able to work on building a cabin.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2009, 09:03:04 pm »

I got food poisoning my first character, and he just needed three or so days to recover from it. He'd vomit occasionally, but he was still able to work on building a cabin.

Yeah, but like I said, I let it get out of hand, so I am near death.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2009, 09:24:55 pm »

Wiseguys (or wise men... whatever) at villages supposedly treat any kind of illness, wounds etc. I think you got a better chance that way. You have to give them food tho.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2009, 09:37:45 pm »

Wiseguys (or wise men... whatever) at villages supposedly treat any kind of illness, wounds etc. I think you got a better chance that way. You have to give them food tho.

I searched for something like that awhile ago, and I didn't find any special npcs at the only village I know of.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2009, 11:18:11 pm »

O, they aren't in the village all the time, they wander around a lot. You may find one by tracking them like you would an animal.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2009, 02:09:18 am »

In fact a good trick is as soon as you find one, push him into a house and fence up 3 tiles in front of the door. Sometimes they even wander completely out of the village and pretty much become impossible to find.

These are the same guys that teach you the rituals once you're ready.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2009, 05:57:43 am »

Damnable URW, stealing all my free time again.  I'm not sure what happened.  I hadn't touched the game for months, and the next thing I knew, it was 2 AM and I was squealing with glee over my new bear skin.

My Unreal Adventure (so far):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is now the beginning of September and it’s starting to get colder.  Soon it will be too cold to take my trips to the trap fences and I’ll have to start surviving on what I’ve gathered so far.  I can only hope that the clothing I’m making is warm enough, and that I will have enough firewood.

Right now I have:
1275 Firewoods and 40 Blocks waiting to be split.
112 smoked bull cuts
100 smoked elk cuts
130 forest reindeer cuts (waiting for cord so I can smoke them)
70 roasted elk cuts
Tons of vegetables
100 bear cuts (in the process of being smoked)
80 forest reindeer cuts (in the process of being smoked)

Clothing:
Fur Footwear
Long Ring Cowl
Woolen Undershirt
Woolen Mittens
Linen Trousers
Fur Cloak
Fur Mittens
Forest Reindeer Fur Hood
Forest Reindeer Fur Cap

A forest reindeer hide
2x inferior forest reindeer hide
A fine squirrel hide
An inferior bear hide
An inferior elk hide
A fine elk hide
2x stag hide

I have no idea how much is enough for the entire winter, so I just keep gathering more and more.  Anyone have any guesses as to what my chances of survival will be?  I also can't find any way to get my face up to green for warmth.  It's only at yellow now.

Assuming I do survive, my plans for next year include building more trap-fences (including a really large one a short ways away from the one around my house which surrounds it), possibly training up and finding some good equipment and wiping out that camp (that may take another year), and building another house somewhere else, maybe closer to my other trap-fences so I can smoke meat there instead of hauling it all the way back to my house.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2009, 06:13:03 am »

I say go to town and buy some flour or something. Foodwise, you look okay, but I never got that far into the game. Also, get a pot, makes things cookable. The river shouldn't freeze but having bowls of water at home can make things easier for you.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2009, 06:17:41 am »

Oh, and I forgot to add the pictures:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is there any way to get rid of spoiled food?  I have a huge pile by the shore of old rotting meat and fish...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 101