Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299254 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2009, 10:06:43 pm »

Does anyone else receive a crash when hitting Shift+A? I've been doing my best to avoid doing it, but sometimes I overshoot when trying to use my skills, and it's pissing me off.

Two more questions: How does one make a fishing net, and how does one prepare well for winter?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Richochet

• Bay Watcher
  • I leik red
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2009, 10:35:10 pm »

First: Just buy them at stores for cheap. As far as I know, they can't be made.

Second: Get lots and lots of firewood, smoked meat, stag and reindeer fur, and cords. (The last three things you get via passive hunting)

PHANTASMAGORIA!!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2009, 09:42:01 pm »

I. AM. BADASS.

I started out in the lone hunter scenario. Even after looting my father's corpse, all I had were two nets, a fishing trident, and a handaxe, along with 5 or so pounds of damaged clothing. I evaded the bear that was on me, and I zoomed out to the worldmap to see a completely straight, up and down river to my right. I went to the beach tile next to it, fashioned myself a paddle and a raft entirely from pre-fallen trees, and sailed south. There was a small lake, with a single tile island on it, which I deemed a great place for base. I was right, because on the edges of the bay are three villages. Time to get more supplies. I left everything except my axe, my paddle, and my raft at the shelter I have on the island. I sail to each village, and kill the food store owner in each one, taking all his food as I go. One of the villages had a pen, with about 6 pigs, which I plan to return, set fire to the pen, and butcher the pigs as quick as I can. I'll take all the meat and hides back to my island, and live as a king. I already have the door and lower wall section complete, from simply sailing around my island and shoving tree trunks onto the raft. The only unfortunate thing I have to note is that I couldn't find any more nets or axes in the towns as I looted. It'd be great to have a larger fishing empire, and a handaxe takes forever to build wall sections. My first house is probably just going to be a three tile tall, 1 tile wide hut. Just enough room for a bed, fireplace, and cellar.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2009, 09:44:36 pm »

Don't build cellars inside. They remove the roof tile they are on.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2009, 10:14:03 pm »

Damnit, didn't get a chance to. I went and raided the village's flock, scoring 482 cuts of pig meat and 3 normal quality hides, with only 1 being inferior. I'd managed to get out onto the lake, sail to my base, and put enough food to keep me alive for eons right next to a fire to cook. My plan was to, after seeing Woose's post, build it outside, right next to my hut. Guess what happens while I was building it and waiting for the shitloads of meat to roast? Douchebad mctime-limit comes in and kills me. Couldn't have just forced me to log-out and leave that character in stasis til I register, oh no. Has to be an assbandit about it. Screw proper registration, I'm now going to spite the maker of it by 'obtaining' this game instead of buying it.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2009, 11:06:08 pm »

Guess what happens while I was building it and waiting for the shitloads of meat to roast? Douchebad mctime-limit comes in and kills me. Couldn't have just forced me to log-out and leave that character in stasis til I register, oh no. Has to be an assbandit about it. Screw proper registration, I'm now going to spite the maker of it by 'obtaining' this game instead of buying it.

Please tell me if you do manage to obtain it, I've been looking for a working free full demo version of UW forever. The only one that seems to exist doesn't work 90% of the time and kills all your characters.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2009, 12:02:14 am »

I want to buy URW, but I don't want my supplementary credit card showing that I paid for a game. Maybe once someone puts some money in my PayPal account.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2009, 08:35:23 am »

Guess what happens while I was building it and waiting for the shitloads of meat to roast? Douchebad mctime-limit comes in and kills me. Couldn't have just forced me to log-out and leave that character in stasis til I register, oh no. Has to be an assbandit about it. Screw proper registration, I'm now going to spite the maker of it by 'obtaining' this game instead of buying it.

Please tell me if you do manage to obtain it, I've been looking for a working free full demo version of UW forever. The only one that seems to exist doesn't work 90% of the time and kills all your characters.

When I say obtain, I'm buying it like normal. Just in the most inconvenient way for the person receiving the money. Like when I bought Spore and paid in nickels.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2009, 01:18:48 pm »

I want to buy URW, but I don't want my supplementary credit card showing that I paid for a game. Maybe once someone puts some money in my PayPal account.

If you add money from your card to PayPal, it won't say in the credit statement that you paid for a game.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2009, 02:07:29 pm »

Anyone know how to use cellars?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »

Just drop stuff onto a cellar square and it will stay good for a long time.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2009, 02:18:57 pm »

That's seriously all you have to do?

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2009, 02:39:14 pm »

Srsly.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2009, 03:03:40 pm »

Welp, it don't matter now. I stored my meats and set about burning a field in order to convert it to plantable soil. During that time, A njerpez warrior appears and does a FATALITY. Fractures both my arms and bashes me in the chest til I died.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2009, 03:05:35 pm »

Yeah, the game does that sometimes. Screws you over just when things are getting easy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 101