Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299373 times)

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1200 on: July 11, 2012, 01:14:17 am »

Probably yes, and that is basically this game's, or rather, Iron Age Finland's version of karma, I think.

And I don't think you can survive on meat and fish alone. I had been eating ten pounds of them each day until I starved in my last game.

Also, Kaumos are really fun to play with their superior quality polearms and dodging skill starting nearly full.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1201 on: July 11, 2012, 01:16:52 am »

No, it's perfectly possible to live on only meat.

Most people do that, anyways. Too much of a bother to find and eat large amounts of vegetables, and grain is expensive :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 11, 2012, 02:22:16 am »

Hmm... luck, you say? Is that the hidden stat that rituals increase? "You feel more comfortable"?

There IS a system that does that. It's somewhat minor but when it tips the scales against you you'll know it's there. The higher your standing with the spirits also increases the chances of being able to learn new rituals.

And I don't think you can survive on meat and fish alone. I had been eating ten pounds of them each day until I starved in my last game.

On the contrary it's actually nearly impossible to survive on vegetable matter and grains alone. Very few give you anything more than a full stomach, and no nutrition means you starve. Meat and fish are the best ways to keep yourself healthy and full at the same time. And currently bread, veggies and porridge is only good for keeping your stomach full. What happened to you sounds a lot like the problems the first version post nutrition system update had, several foods have far too low values. Make sure your nutrition if the status is visible doesn't dip too far too long, and remember that higher activity per day increases your energy needs. My character currently can survive on 2.5 pounds of meat a day on slow days but needs 4-5 on straining ones. While making my house sometimes I ate up to 6 pounds in a day whenever I pushed the work past midnight.

Edit: I just keep feeling so happy for getting back to this game. After setting up my home by mid May and getting pretty kitted out and set on my way to surviving and persisting I wanted to liven things up a bit. So I took a look at my punt, grabbed my battlesword and decided to go raid an Islander village. That's some nice fish they got there. And now it's very happily staying cool and edible in my cellar. I might go hunting for another village of theirs after the lucky shot a hunter got with his bow heals up.

Too bad you can't skin humans. I'd of loved to take a skin from each of them as trophys. Unless this is somehow moddable. If it is someone tell me how!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:27:17 am by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 11, 2012, 12:50:49 pm »

Well, that might have something to do with my character eating too much lean small-game meat and fish, or at least that's what it
 seems to be--Should have roasted those chunks of fat too. EDIT: And I do have the latest version.

And should he want to fight people, only Njers are fair game. Always a good challenge, and the game world could really use a bit less of them.

Too bad you can't skin humans. I'd of loved to take a skin from each of them as trophys. Unless this is somehow moddable. If it is someone tell me how!

And maybe stuff them.

I'd say you need help, had this been on anywhere but the official Bay 12 fora.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:52:30 pm by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 12, 2012, 01:02:11 pm »

Figured I'd post this for the hell of it,

I've always hated the garbleargleibbidyarblywoobalygoobaly chanting sound that happens whenever you perform a ritual. So I've replaced it with something simple and non-ear-rapey.

You can preview the sound here: http://www.freesound.org/people/acclivity/sounds/13694/

And if you like it, here's the download: https://www.box.com/s/5a8f0b17a3b52b399ba1

You'll need to backup the ritual.ogg, ritual2.ogg and ritual3.ogg files in your urw\AUDIO folder, and then place this file in there overwriting ritual.ogg, copy it twice, and name them ritual2.ogg and ritual3.ogg respectively.

Of course, you could take any clip you like from freesound.org and replace it with that, instead. All I did was rename the file as an .ogg and upload it somewhere where you don't need an account to download with.

Now performing rituals will not be such a stressful event, but instead, something much more soothing and warm. :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:04:20 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 12, 2012, 02:07:08 pm »

I actually really like the ritual sound effect.
The butchering/skinning sound, on the other hand....

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 12, 2012, 02:33:03 pm »

Needs more throat singing.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 12, 2012, 02:45:48 pm »

The funny thing is general consensus on the game is that it's great, but the art is terrible. Still, it's a one man thing, so what can you do?

Just wish it was easier to modify. Me and Janet had a hell of a time figuring what graphic went where, and some of them are dummied out.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 12, 2012, 03:54:02 pm »

What do you mean? The fake beards are awesome!

Some are even touching the face!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 13, 2012, 10:58:58 pm »

Do animal tracks count towards a square's item limit? I decided to let my animals roam free within my homestead, I have a fence around the area but basically they have room to make thousands of tracks all over the place, and it will kinda suck if it starts deleting my items... :s
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1210 on: July 14, 2012, 01:45:43 am »

I think they're a terrain type.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 14, 2012, 01:58:38 am »

I doubt they're an item since I have a few animals in a pen at my place and they've left several hundred tiles worth of tracks inside that pen. It's all black in there almost. And I still have all my obsessively horded weapons, clothes, armor and tools.

Hell I'm thinking ill make a storage shed just for my goodies.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 14, 2012, 02:13:33 am »

And should he want to fight people, only Njers are fair game. Always a good challenge, and the game world could really use a bit less of them.
And maybe stuff them.

I'd say you need help, had this been on anywhere but the official Bay 12 fora.

I vote we get the ability to make body pillows.

...Just sayin'.

Do animal tracks count towards a square's item limit? I decided to let my animals roam free within my homestead, I have a fence around the area but basically they have room to make thousands of tracks all over the place, and it will kinda suck if it starts deleting my items... :s

I'm pretty sure I saw something in the changelogs saying that the last of the bugs from having too many items in one area being resolved. And, in either case, I'm fairly certain that tracks don't count as items, as far as that problem was concerned.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 14, 2012, 03:27:44 am »

Good to hear. I read something about it being fixed, but I'm pretty sure he means the next version (3.15).

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 14, 2012, 03:58:59 am »

Heh, my main peeve currently is villagers rocking up to sleep in my house, then leaving with my items. This is why I just had to kill and eat them all...
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101