Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299448 times)

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1065 on: March 29, 2012, 08:38:16 am »

Odd. I wasn't aware there was a daily cap. That would certainly explain some things.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: March 29, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »

so I'm at a wierd crossroads here, no one in my vicinity sells axes... and my woodsman axe gives the message *this job would take so long as to be impossible* when i try and build a wall for my house....  Suppose I need to walk to the dirk, so what would you recommend for traveling supplies/weapons/companions?
Nom nom nom

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: March 29, 2012, 01:19:20 pm »

When I need axes I travel until I find an adventurer/hunter and then murder them...

Or sleep in a small house with one resident during the day so when I wake up at night I can one-shot crit kill them in their sleep, loot and butcher them, and not alert the whole village.

TLDR;

Murder.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: March 29, 2012, 01:34:14 pm »

If you don't want to go the Psychopath route, simply trading Torches is a good way to go. I think an Axe normally goes for about 10-15. Talking with Woodsmen/Hunters/Adventurers is a good way to get one even if the shops don't sell them.

As for going to the Drik, that's only necessary if they're close. Any of the Southern/Western civs should work pretty well for getting axes, since tool shops are one of the more basic ones. I think Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Dark Green, and Blue all have them.

If you are going on a long trek, bring plenty of food as well as some way to fish if you have it. Companions aren't necessary, but can be helpful if you run into a Njerp. Simply getting someone to join you on a Hunting trip should be fine, and should take less resources to convince them to come along with you. If you don't have a bow, javelins are pretty easy to make and work well. They also make decent weapons to give to companions to convince them to join you. Depending on the season, bringing any heavy clothing you have is a good idea as well, as nights can get pretty chilly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: March 29, 2012, 07:08:14 pm »

i'm terrible with long journeys, i'm plagued by great oportunities to hunt, and usually end up returning home to tan the 3 or 4 stag pelts and drop off the animals i bought with the meat

other than that, i'd say take a raft or a punt, and go by water whenever you can, dropping everything heavy down on the raft for a speed bonus

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: March 29, 2012, 07:43:19 pm »

Water is definately the safest way to travel, if it helps, the best axes for building are broad axes and crafting axes, preferably both for actually building walls.  Other thing you could do is cycle through the tutorial mission thing and buff your building skill a few times.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: March 30, 2012, 12:54:01 am »

Hmm...
I can't really get into this game...
Any advice?
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: March 30, 2012, 01:40:54 am »

Don't die, and take your time. Do the entire tutorial, then move onto the 3rd tutorial. There's PLENTY to do, and you'll figure out more goals and you learn the mechanics.

For starters, focus on getting a little camp set up with food, a water source nearby, and at least an impromptu shelter.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: March 30, 2012, 03:53:58 am »

jef major of youtube fame also did a rather good stream of this game as well, thats how I got into it.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: March 30, 2012, 04:00:59 am »

Settle nearby the Driikiläiset.  They have a shitload of shops.

As culture, take the owl-tribe or the Kaumolaiset.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: March 30, 2012, 06:01:32 am »

Heh, I always take Kaumo.

Owl are supposed to be the best tribe buy their stats never measure up for me, nor do their skills... And I spend 10 minutes rerolling each character until I hit really good stats with near-max intelligence so I skill faster, and will, so I work harder.

christonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's Play Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 12, 2012, 08:43:06 am »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 26, 2012, 07:59:23 pm »

Wow this is really good ! Where has this game been al my life !.

Just a few questions before I do buy it; what more is added when I buy ? If there like a ton more stuff to do ?,

And this is not dead right ? And it's still being update and new features are being added ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 26, 2012, 08:17:18 pm »

The demo is functionally equivalent to the full game, except without the 10-day limit. Updates aren't very frequent, but they're there.

There *is* some minor modding available, but that's still being worked on.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 26, 2012, 08:18:17 pm »

Unless things have changed in the recent versions, paying removes the day limit and gives you the Advanced Adventures option, which included something like 'Raise your bow skill to 30%'. (Which took a bloody eternity.)

Considering there was a new diary entry added today, I'm going out on a limb and saying that development is still live. =P

However, I do recall a stretch of like, 8 months a few years ago where no updates came out at all. The updates that came out after were pretty major though, and allowed for customized buildings and cultivation though.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 101