Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299633 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1035 on: March 22, 2012, 07:33:14 am »

Yeah, stuff in cellars will last for just over a year. And that's without preparing it first, smoked or dried meat in a cellar will probably last longer than you will.
*Hugs*

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 22, 2012, 09:09:51 am »

I'm really interested in this game, but I want to ask some questions before buy it!

1.Do you have any objectives in the game? Or it's sandbox?
2.The world is generated randomly or it's the same world all the time?
3.You can go solo or form a part of a tribe?
4.If you can be a part of a tribe, you can be for example, a fisherman or a merchant to sell the goods you have?

Thank you!

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 22, 2012, 09:19:15 am »

Yeah, stuff in cellars will last for just over a year. And that's without preparing it first, smoked or dried meat in a cellar will probably last longer than you will.
ahhh, raw meat in the cellar goes off after a few days for me, I believe smoked is 6 months and dried meat is 12 months, though I have no idea if that is cellared or not.  My best guy is now almost 5 months old, he got dried, smoked and salted meats within the first week or two, it all got cellared on my island fortress within the first 2 weeks and none is off yet.  Does anyone know if veggies/seeds go off?  I know mushrooms do.

ninjaed.

1. Its sandboxed, though there are lists of things to do, they are more like achievements/tutorials than objectives.
2. Water features/hills/towns/tribal areas are random, but the tribes always occupy the same general areas, eg, the orange guys are always about the middle, but on one map gen they might occupy double the area of the next map gen.
3.  Its pretty much all solo, you can 'hire' guys to hang around with you for a while, thats about the best you can get.
4.  You can barter with random dudes for stuff they have, or go to shops and trade your stuff, some tribes have almost no shops to barter in, others will have 4 or 5, so there are 'harder' and 'easier' areas to trade stuff off

Edit:  frankly for the 3 bucks it cost me, its a hell of alot of fun, though I think im sort of coming to the 'end' of the game, 5 months in and I have an island fortress with cabin, separate smokehouse/sauna, multiple cellars full of food, fields of crops, 3 dogs, 12 nets and the loot of the njerk village that decided to set up on the island next door to me, Ill rip there village down, drag the logs back to my island to build a giant longhouse with but after I do that and survive winter, I think im pretty much done.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:27:41 am by jester »
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 22, 2012, 09:41:21 am »

Impressive!! I think I'm going to buy it! One more question... When you are playing, the NPC and animals are "live"? For example, I build a shelter in the middle of the forest, there's any chance a bear come to me and try to kill me?

Thank you!

PD: And after the worldgen, there's a chance the people found another villages?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 09:57:02 am by maki32 »

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 22, 2012, 10:10:01 am »

Yup, bears will come and maul your faces in the night if you are unlucky.  There is a 'worldmap' and a 'gamemap' (?!) stuff moves round the worldmap till it is on the same tile as you, then you can find it in the area you are in.

One of my older characters was trying to practice his tracking, found a bear and was carefully sneaking behind him waiting for the bear to leave tracks, the bear wandered behind some trees so I wandered after it, then the bear wandered back the way it had come right into my face, saw me and got all bitey.  He smashed up my knee, fractured my eyesocket and gave me some mildly life threatening gouges all over the rest of my body before I managed to poke it in the face with my spear and make it back off for long enough for me to crawl away.  I wandered off a few tiles and hid for long enough to staunch my bleeding, then crawled back to my shelter and slowly began to starve to death due to horrible injuries and no talent for fishing, luckily while I was failing at fishing a wolf wandered past and tried to maul me to death, it was an epic battle that ended with me punching at the wolf after it ripped my knife from my hands, me unable to move due to my injuries, before the wolf finally succumbed to the bleeding from the spear I had thrown at it when it first came at me.  I survived on the flesh of that wolf for about a week and used its hide to bandage my wounds.  Good times.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 22, 2012, 02:30:02 pm »

ahhh, raw meat in the cellar goes off after a few days for me, I believe smoked is 6 months and dried meat is 12 months, though I have no idea if that is cellared or not.  My best guy is now almost 5 months old, he got dried, smoked and salted meats within the first week or two, it all got cellared on my island fortress within the first 2 weeks and none is off yet.  Does anyone know if veggies/seeds go off?  I know mushrooms do.

ninjaed.

1. Its sandboxed, though there are lists of things to do, they are more like achievements/tutorials than objectives.
2. Water features/hills/towns/tribal areas are random, but the tribes always occupy the same general areas, eg, the orange guys are always about the middle, but on one map gen they might occupy double the area of the next map gen.
3.  Its pretty much all solo, you can 'hire' guys to hang around with you for a while, thats about the best you can get.
4.  You can barter with random dudes for stuff they have, or go to shops and trade your stuff, some tribes have almost no shops to barter in, others will have 4 or 5, so there are 'harder' and 'easier' areas to trade stuff off

Edit:  frankly for the 3 bucks it cost me, its a hell of alot of fun, though I think im sort of coming to the 'end' of the game, 5 months in and I have an island fortress with cabin, separate smokehouse/sauna, multiple cellars full of food, fields of crops, 3 dogs, 12 nets and the loot of the njerk village that decided to set up on the island next door to me, Ill rip there village down, drag the logs back to my island to build a giant longhouse with but after I do that and survive winter, I think im pretty much done.

Wich version is this? And how do i craft an Axe?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 22, 2012, 07:49:32 pm »

with a slender tree trunk, a boulder, and a cord

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 22, 2012, 11:05:03 pm »

It's actually stone. Cord can be made from your clothes. Cloak makes great source of cords.

I tried a fisherman on an island game. Any of the big fish that goes over 12 gets dried. How many trap fences do you usually put down before you get anything? I have more success chasing down stags.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 22, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

I usually have more luck with traps later in the year, towards summer or autumn.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:12 pm »

@ DrPoo:  vers 3.14, latest one

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 23, 2012, 12:12:57 am »

You can dry/smoke 19 units of food with one cord. Any higher and it's multiples of 10. This is especially fun since I've been collecting nets whenever I find them at stores (got over 50 now) and I once fished like > 19 of the largest fish possible (trout? pike? not sure). That's a TON of dried fish for using only 1 cord :D

But no need to be greedy. Since 19x meat weighs 19 lbs, any stack of fish weighing more than that, I dry.

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 23, 2012, 04:33:33 am »

Impressive!! I think I'm going to buy it! One more question... When you are playing, the NPC and animals are "live"? For example, I build a shelter in the middle of the forest, there's any chance a bear come to me and try to kill me?

Thank you!

PD: And after the worldgen, there's a chance the people found another villages?

No need to buy straight away : you can download the demo. Basically, you can do everything, except that you character will only live 10 ingame days.
That's already enough to do a few interresting things.

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 23, 2012, 07:09:15 am »

Finally I bought It. It's a very good game! BTW, how can I make a fishing rod or a net?? Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:27:26 am by maki32 »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 23, 2012, 07:58:04 am »

You can't make fishing rods or nets i think. You have to trade for them. Torches are easy to make and trade away. Just needs branches and time.

Do shop items restock? I rely on shops for some stuff.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 23, 2012, 08:32:35 am »

You can mod in the ability to make fishing rods and nets easily enough. There's instructions on the forum>
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 101