Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 101

Author Topic: Unreal World  (Read 299624 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal World
« Reply #1020 on: March 09, 2012, 06:06:47 pm »

Yeah, it makes queueing up a ton of crafting really annoying.
*Hugs*

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 11, 2012, 04:25:43 pm »

So, animals can escape from trap pits?
I checked my new trap-fence and there were stag footprints leading to the fence, a triggered (empty) trap pit in the fence and a stag wandering around the area past the fence.  >:(

I'd rather not spike the pits if I can help it since I've already leapt majestically into one of them while not paying attention and will probably do it again. Is there another way to prevent this?

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 12, 2012, 05:49:46 am »

Just got this game today and am loving it.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 18, 2012, 10:47:34 am »

Picked this up a few days ago due to One F Jef's streams of it. Been really enjoying it!

Had an exciting time with my most recent character. A bear started hanging around where I've started building my cabin, which was a little nerve-wracking. So I made a spiked pit, baited it, and after the bear had fallen in and climbed out I tracked it down and killed it.

Now I have a bear skin tanning and about 100+ cuts of meat. My cabin isn't done yet, though, so I may have to drag it off to a village to smoke it. Pity, since the closest one with a sauna is about a day's trek away. I doubt it'll stay fresh in my cellar long enough for me to finish the cabin, since I have at least 5 or 6 more days of work to do on that thing.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 18, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »

Just make sure you take enough cord with you when you go on your bear smoking quest.  FACEPALM.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 18, 2012, 11:32:06 pm »

Just make sure you take enough cord with you when you go on your bear smoking quest.  FACEPALM.

*sigh* Poor Vanya. She was doing so well. Smoked the bear meat, ended up killing both a raindeer and an elk in pit traps, and had a huge amount of smoked meat and two good hides tanned. Even managed to take out a njerps warrior with the help of a hunter I'd hired. And then she drowned trying to ford a river to get to a village. My fault, since I didn't think about how much she was carrying. Not even the protection from waters ritual helped her. Also, I swear that river was wider than most.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

jester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 19, 2012, 02:19:49 am »

Rafts are easy to make, 3 cords + 3 trunks, punts are better, if you start near the bottom left corner, the cyan guys sell em, and dogs can carry them if you dont want to, handy.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 19, 2012, 10:47:26 am »

Yeah, I always spam relocation until I spawn in Driik territory.
*Hugs*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 19, 2012, 10:57:48 am »

Yeah, it would have been pretty easy to make a raft. But I was too focused on the travel to think about it. And that was my first character to try swimming a river, so I didn't realize just how dangerous it could be. Ah, well.
Come play Mafia with us!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #1029 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:22 pm »

I should pick up the newest version of this. I bought it YEARS ago, when it was still pretty basic. Neat, but very basic. It's got all kinds of new features I've never tried out now...

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 19, 2012, 10:07:13 pm »

fantastic! i'm kinda hoping you'll take a similar direction with cult

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 19, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »

fantastic! i'm kinda hoping you'll take a similar direction with cult
Wait shouldn't that statement be reverse?

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 19, 2012, 11:14:38 pm »

tluc htiw noitcerid ralimis a ekat ll'uoy gnipoh adnik m'i !citsatnaf

no, i don't think so. why?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 21, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »

I love some of the stories you can get out of this game.

Just now I had an extremely tense moment. I'd recently managed to kill a Stag that had been wandering around my cabin for the past few days with the help of some spiked pit traps. It's been a day or two and I'm in the process of smoking all that meat. While I'm going to my cellar to grab another batch to smoke, I hear a trap go off. So I investigate. A bear had stumbled into one of my pits! It's hurt, but not seriously. It is mad, though, and rushes me. I barely manage to fend it off, and it escapes. Ok, lucky break. Maybe it'll run into another pit trap and I can finish it off later. In the meantime, I'm quite tired and decide that it's best to leave well enough alone.

The bear disagreed, and attacked me in my sleep! Apparently they can open doors. Not a huge shock, I guess, but I wasn't really expecting it. Anyway, I manage to fight the thing off and eventually kill it, all without getting a single wound!

I now have a bear to skin and smoke. Which in addition to the Stag I killed, and the Forest Raindeer I caught in my traps a few days before the Stag showed up. I don't think all this meat is going to stay good through winter, so I should probably take a bunch of it down to a village to trade for something. Does anyone have any solid numbers on how long smoked meat lasts?
Come play Mafia with us!

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 22, 2012, 02:36:52 am »

smoke and cellar will keep it for nearly a year or is it dry meat? well sure thing youll last to whole winter, just make sure you save on that fat, it help keep the nutrition up ( not hunger but nutrition level )
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 101