Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 63027 times)

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors (now with added succession!)
« Reply #270 on: January 02, 2009, 09:51:30 am »

8th malachite

The fey child has gone and made something nice looking

Value is 48000 dwarfbucks

Did he really have to use the steel bar, though?

27th malachite

Not much has happened, though I have started a mass melting campaign.

(second entry)

And a search for metals in the soil that is a bit of a flood risk, it seems. Oops.

11th galena

Finally got some doors installed to cut off the flooding.

14th limestone

A caravan has shown up, along with a liason. I’m going to lift the bridge once they’re inside.

19th limestone: there was a bit of an accident with the bridge, and now the caravan doesn’t want to trade anymore.

@ultra

Yes, it does mean that, though it's a post count thing. And you add a picture under your name in the control panel.

EDIT: Sorry it's so short, but nothing much has happened.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 02, 2009, 01:18:46 pm »

Flooding accident?

Accidently crushing the cavaran?

I would just take all the cavarans things now, lock them inside and when they go berserk they should get captured by all the cage traps.

Or you could wait until you get sieged then let them out so they help out.

Just don't do a whoops the fort is dead thing, ok?

I think I want to do next year.   ;D

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 02, 2009, 04:26:01 pm »

25th timber

The countess likes buckets, which is much better than liking pig iron.

9th moonstone

A planter has been possessed

Now he’s claimed a craftsdwarf workshop.

11th moonstone

Finally, something less boring. Only goblins, though

Squad 1: 9 wrestlers, 6 lashers, 1 pike guard. total: 16

Squad 2: 6 wrestlers, 9 lashers, 1 sword guard total: 16

Squad 3: 4 wrestlers, 9 pikemen, 1 hammer guard total: 14

Squad 4:  7 wrestlers, 5 axemen, 1 human pikeman total: 13.

Total: 59

And no local leaders or demons among them. This force is even weaker than the last one to fail on these walls.

(I’m just running a recording of this one, because it’s hard to take screenshots, crop them, and post them, and furthermore videos are more fun anyway)
http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1032-59reallygoblinseige
16th moonstone

The siege went rather as expected, though something caused the goblins to charge forward even after their leaders were dead, until less than five of them remained on the field. The only rational explaination would seem to be that they wished to expend our ammunition, implying a siege later in the winter, or perhaps the spring. However, the goblins launching a siege twice in a season is unheard of, and if the orcs were involved they’d probably have attacked first in any case.

21st moonstone:

The planter got his stuff and is making something.

24th moonstone:

It’s a wooden ring.

43200 dwarfbucks.

2nd opal

A wrestler went mad today from a training accident that happened sometime in the summer.

2nd obsidian

A mechanic is going to receive a hammer strike, singular

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=775

No map, the compressor isn't working on my computer because a critical value referenced by numerous programs has disappeared.

Also, somthing seems screwed with the seiges on my turn. 2 seiges occured, both with squads averaging slightly understrength, both goblins, and both with no one mentioned on the civilization screen showing up.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 02, 2009, 05:33:59 pm »

Alright!  I'll do next year now.  There will be ORCS!! HaHAhahHh1

Update soon.  When it finally gets done downloading, 33kb/s?  !??!?!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 02, 2009, 05:53:03 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Granite, 210, Early-Spring:

THOB THE MAYOR STILL

I was told to "do my job" today, odd.  I remember doing my jo-

WHAT HAPPENED HERE! I MUST BE DREAMING!  I don't feel right.

I feel like a year passed in one night I slept.  More things changed too.

Like this,

and this,

There's a nice tower outside too.

I need to lay off the pig iron.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I'm tired update tommorow...oh wait I have a birthday party to attend to tommorow, well sunday it is!   ;D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 02, 2009, 07:30:48 pm »

3rd Granite, 210, Early-Spring:

I've been told we're butchering all the camels.

I don't know why I didn't think of that.  The hammerer tower is back under constrution and so is the arena 'Author' wants.

11th Granite, 210, Early-Spring:

I just got a shivers down my back, the elfs are here.

Time to take their things, I hope they got leather.

I have also told the miners to mine out some more bedrooms for our new migrants and went out to chop ALOT of trees for those beds we need.

UPDATE.  RED BULL GIVES YOU WINGS.  MORE.

I really like playing DeathQuest now, before I knew everything that was happening, so very confide and small.  Now it's huge and mysterys, I have NO clue what is going on.   ;D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 02, 2009, 07:58:02 pm »

12th Granite, 210, Early-Spring:

Ahh, maybe it won't be all that bad this year.  Maybe, it will actually be good.  The Elfs are half way to the trade depot now and me and this woodcutter are happly cutting down wood miles from Deathquest.

Nothing could go wrong.

Oh Sh--

Agh.  I'm so unlucky.  Or lucky if you look at it.   ;D

Sorry (name here).   ;D

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2009, 08:09:14 pm »

Oh shit, I almost had a heart attack here on my side, O.K. no, but I swear I jumped out of my seat the second I saw those orcs!

Remember! If you survive, make them stronger next time, make them bred faster, and make them grow up quicker!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2009, 08:27:57 pm »

21st Granite, 210, Early-Spring:

That was devastating.  The orcs plowed right through!  'Arrrrrrrrrrgggh' was one of the 10ish deaths to this siege.

Aftermath,

I'm building up more military as we speak.

MOVIE:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=777

[OOC] It was too big to upload to the map archives so you'll have to download it.  :(

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2009, 08:46:16 pm »

._.

Awesome.

I nominate this for the dwarven film award.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2009, 08:50:28 pm »

Ok I'm really done for today, I think I'm done, yeah I'm done.  Time to play some Monolpoly!!  ;D

Or or or or umjk no.

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 03, 2009, 11:52:49 am »

1st Granite, 210, Early-Spring:

THOB THE MAYOR STILL

I was told to "do my job" today, odd.  I remember doing my jo-

WHAT HAPPENED HERE! I MUST BE DREAMING!  I don't feel right.

Sorry.

EDIT: You misused my melee squad. The plan was for them to cower behind the wall until melee orcs were near, then charge and confront them in the tunnel where the marksdwarves could support them.

Also, i didn't notice you using the watchtower, but it might have just been lost in the confusion.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 12:07:28 pm by (name here) »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 03, 2009, 01:44:04 pm »

Well the wrestlers turned into a "protect the citizens!!"  very quickly when the Orcs came through.  Wthout them the Orcs would of got through to the stockpiles and lay some havok.  I see what you mean though.

One question though, why did you make some of the fortifications out of aluminum and black bronze?  We could of used that else where.  Anyway, you did a good job with the fort.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 03, 2009, 02:44:18 pm »

26th Granite, 210, Early-Spring:

Still cleaning up this mess, some Gem Cutter survived being chased by 5 orcs, yeah whatever. 

What's more important is I found a wrestler and her child locked in cages with the animals.

I have ordered for their release.

3rd Slate, 210, Mid-Spring:

Right before the child was released he went all mouth-foaming and crazy.  I think we're going to leave him in there.  The wrestler will be set free though.  Unless he goes crazy too.

14th Slate, 210, Mid-Spring:

While thinking about what to do with the Count's broken arm there was a great cheer between the dwarfs.  Migrants were here!  I havn't seen any in a long time, this must be a tough bunch!

There is,

1 Fisher Worker
3 Lye Makers(!)
1 Hunter (marksdwarf)
1 Furnace Operator
1 Peasant
1 Armorer
1 Dyer

TOTAL:  9

Not too bad, lots of farmers, a marksdwarf, and a few haulers.  :/

WELCOME TO DEATHQUEST I HOPE YOU LIKE DEAD THINGS

Party is at my house and it hasn't started yet, who knew!?  Anyway, there will be Die HArd!! ^><^>^<>^<^>^<^>

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 03, 2009, 05:29:23 pm »

Don't use the armorer or the furnace operator as haulers, we need more armoring, more forges, and more melting.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40