Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 62959 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 03:14:23 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16th Limestone, 204, Early-Autumn:

Our Mayor died today, I think the liason finally gets the picture. This place is screwed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17th Limestone, 204, Early-Autumn:

We replaced our tanturm every second so he won't trade would-be-mayor to Zon, who is the best person who doesn't flip out, I think she'll like it.

18th Limestone, 204, Early-Autumn:

Oh god.

Oh god no.

6 bow goblins
10 goblin wrestlers

Wait!  I forgot about the cavarn guarding us.  They have plenty of men to defend us......I thought there was more.

[OOC] 16 goblins?  What the heck.  The cavarn guards will make short work of them.  Maybe.

There's more, LegoLord was elected Mayor, the fiend!  He was demoted his job for a reason, oh well we need someone to talk to the liason anyway.

LATER....

They have arrived at our gates, may the guards kill them alot.

19th Limestone, 204, Early-Autumn:

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO, another imbecile went berserk in their bedroom.  Lock.

LATER................

We drove them off, I saw it.

We survived another siege and this time with less consequences then before.  We are never going to send our troops out there EVER again, I don't care what LegoLord says, I'm the real Mayor here.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:15:58 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 04:05:15 pm »

23rd Limestone, 204, Early-Autumn:

Everybody has been so happy lately!  Only 4 people are unhappy or worse.

Look!  Even our sadistic captain of the guard is happy!

Ever since we drove those goblins off.

24th Limestone, 204, Early-Autumn:

Now we have only 3 unhappy people. :-)

Turn that frown upside down!

I'm going to make this entry....longer.  I feel like a robot talking about everything that's happening to this fortress and not to me.  I'm not particular happy with the Mayor as of yet and I have been awfully busy updating our stockpile.  Which hasn't been updated in I don't know how long.  I need to trade with the cavarn soon and they're not that happy with one of their guards dieing form the incident.  I'm not that good with negiotaing, but I'll try my best.  I can't even spell it!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 04:24:24 pm »

25th, 204, Early-Autumn:

I've been to optimistic, for some reason the death that happen yesterday sparked a huge miserable cloud that has shocked everybody, almost.  Cog went insane, he was a whiny bowyer anyway.

Speaking of insane, LegoLord wants to build a huge bowl outside and fill it full of water to make a "swimming pool".  It's insane, nobody listens to me though.  I mean look at it!  It's freakin' huge!

It spans almost our entire land!  I hope the traders don't see this.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 05:10:28 pm »

Wow you must have allot of stone to make something like that! ;D

Anyway, maps? Upload a map, I'm curious as to how this map looks like. Maps maps maps.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 05:24:25 pm »

Today, the mayoral office, tomorrow, the WORLD!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 05:39:28 pm »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 06:18:20 pm »

28th Limestone, 204, Early-Autumn:

Two people died almost insantly, some berserk furnace operator and ToonyMan.  I'm not going to break down like everyone else though.

9th Sandstone, 204, Mid-Autumn:

Kyle the planter went melancholy today.  He was our best farmer.

[OOC]  He's my brother by-the-way.

11th Sandstone, 204, Mid-Autumn:

That b@$#%$d Captain of the Guard flipouted next to me and axed my arm, oh the pain I'm going to be bed ridden for weeks.

I'm are only miner too.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 07:21:33 pm »

9th Sandstone, 204, Mid-Autumn:

Kyle the planter went melancholy today.  He was our best farmer.

[Pic goes hur]

[OOC]  He's my brother by-the-way.

Did you laugh when that happened? I use to do that in other games, and say to people I know, haha you just died. ;D

Also on a DF version scale of one to ten, how much fun is this?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 07:36:01 pm »

17th Sandstone, 204, Mid-Autumn:

I heard the dwarf cavarn is leaving, I also heard ANOTHER farmer went melancholy.

1st Timber, 204, Late-Autumn:

I don't believe it!  I saw new faces walking by my door!  They said they came despite the danger, what danger all is love here!  Just ignore the rotting bodies and coffins!

We gots,

1 Tanner
4 Peasants
1 Fishery Worker (pet mule)
1 Engineer
1 Herbilist
1 Marksdwarf (great)
1 Carpenter

Total: 9

Bringing our population from 60 to 69!

I never saw so many happy faces before, and they're not crazy!

I try avoid naming people, because they get the curse of naming were they die, painfully.  They die the stupidest ways too. 

(Ryan the Stoneworker dies of starvation when he's on a pile of food!!)

Things are very hectic right now and people die every other day, so yeah that would be a 9, unless we get an orc siege this winter.

MUAHAhAHAHAHAHahahahahahhAHahhahhahahah.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 08:17:52 pm »

yay we survived the tantrum spiral! now to prepare against the orcs and save the world! lets put our serious faces on!

____
 / \   /\
|  O\/O |
|    .\ |
|  ____ |
 \_____/

A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 08:52:08 pm »

We didn't survive it yet.....

10th Timber, 204, Late-Autumn:

I heard a woodworker died.

I hate hearing everything, I want to see it.

16th Timber, 204, Late-Autumn:

I heard the catapults are ready, lets see those orc scum now!

The siege operators are practicing with them right now.

23rd Timber, 204, Late-Autumn:

That maniac metalsmith that was next door to me finally died, thank you.

His screaming of rage was bugging me and my writing.

2nd Moonstone, 204, Early-Winter:

I woke up one day to see a statue next to my bed, I statue of our Mayor.  That reminds me of her two children, one still a baby walking on all fours around the fort having no clue what is going on except that she can't find mom.  Then the child Thoglit or something, just old enough to understand what is going on, she's almost 6. 

I called her over once when she walked by, I talked to her for a long time too.  I talked about how don't worry we're going to make it and that her mom is in a better place now (really)  She doesn't talk back much, I don't even think she knows she has a brother.  I don't know what to say, it's so sad.  I wonder who put the statue there...

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 09:08:18 pm »

:'( awwww.

Oh well that's DF!

Anyway, really enjoying the sporadic updates. ;D

edit: i canz be siege operators nao?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 09:33:49 pm »

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhh is an engineer, he has mechanic, siege operating, and seige engineering.

I try to get atleast one long entry per season to add some feelings and emotions.

Off to bed I go now!  ;)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2008, 01:04:54 pm »

3rd Moonstone, 204, Early-Winter:

Animal Dissector, you know the drill.

We're going to lock her in there as to not disturb our new folks.

Although I would find it disturbing if I heard a someone say, "Let me out!" as I walked by a door.

Some farmer died too, we're going to need more.

9th Moonstone, 204, Early-Winter:

Kyle the farmer finally died today.

At last check I think we have 4 farmers left(?)

10th Moonstone, 204, Early-Winter:

Oh god just kill me.  It hasn't even been a month!

I have no clue how many there is, probably 3 dozen or more.

Ooooooo the anticapation!  ;D

There is atleast 32 I think, imagine next year.  I think the cage traps will get them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2008, 01:17:04 pm »

11th Moonstone, 204, Early-Winter:

We spotted a second group and an elite bowgoblin!

We are going to prepare the catapults.

GROUP A:

Consist of,

9 Mace Goblins
6 Goblin Wrestlers
1 Mace Lord Goblin

THREAT: LOW

They won't be that tough at all unless I send troups out. (which i'm not!)

GROUP B:

Consist of,

11 Spear Goblins
4 Goblin Wrestlers
1 Elite Bowgoblin

THREAT: MEDIUM

That elite bowgobin would kill us and they spawned right at our entrance where hauling is going on.

TOTAL:  32       (reminds me of the orcs last time, not making the same mistake, everyone inside!)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40