Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 62951 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivers
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 06:11:02 pm »

Dammit kenny when will you be satisfied! Hur, his last name is tire keys.

Btw what are my dorfs stats?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivers
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 07:03:04 pm »

Here's a short one, but actiony.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Granite, 204, Early-Spring:

I've decided to make a moat, 2 tiles thick.

[OOC] To cure my boredom while I wait for the Orcs

Something with those goblins too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14th Granite, 204, Early-Spring:

Elfs are here.

Simple Simple.

My on-going projects are a little arena, I just caught a wolf too.  I'll pit them to the death later when I catch more people.

The moat will take a bit, but it'll be awesome!

20th Granite, 204, Early-Spring:

An ambush, curse them!

Well actually not really, see that ambush is attacking the elf cavaran that showed up and they can't get through our defense.  Hey, it's not my fault this time!

They consist of,

4 Speargoblins
1 Crossbowgoblin
1 Goblin Wrestler

May they kill the Elfs painfully, maybe I'll catch one!

Scratch that, 4 more Wrestler and 2 Mace Goblins!!

Some of our stupid cats may die.

3 of our Fortress Guard are charging at them!!

What are they doing!  I told them to stay inside!

The military has come to save the day! :D

They may be too late for one though, she was peirced in the heart.

WE DID IT!  We scared them off!  We caught half of them, killed a third of them, and the last bits ran.

Unfortuntly, two of the three guards were brutally murdered.  One was peirced in the hearts and knocked 6 tiles into the air.  The other had all his limbs mangled and then was flung 6 tiles through the air.  The third suffered minor bruises.  3 cats were killed too.

[OOC] That fight was pretty fun, I hope for more!

Oh!  And all the elfs died, obvisously.

Here's Kenny's stats,

If you wanted me too I could have recruited him and made him charge the goblins. :p

« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 07:32:26 pm by ToonyMan »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 07:49:30 pm »

If any of his friends or spouse,child die if he has any of those,(even that grudge).

Make it a catalyst for him to join the army, put him at frontline, hammer would be nice. Important! Make sure he dies awesomly!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 07:57:05 pm »

Well he does have a grudge at one of the recruits, maybe he'll join to compete with him?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2008, 08:25:25 pm »

19th Slate, 204, Mid-Spring:

Here's us cleaning up after the battle,

I've been really busy, no, I've been REALLY busy doing a ton of work that all happened at once, I have to watch the food supple, order the construction of cages, mine for silver as that is the only metal I can find to make weapons, watch the 6 wolfs that are watch my haulers bring the wood back in, do the arena, and don't get me started with the moat, that's last.  What if we get attacked again?  We're not ready, I'M not ready.  I really hope we don't.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 09:36:02 am »

20th Slate, 204, Mid-Spring:

Sibrek's baby (child?) died, the one that has a broken arm and had a miscarrige recently, yeah that one.  She's quite content however.  Must be our delicous food!

Hope that doesn't happen to me.

7th Felsite, 204, Late-Spring:

More migrants, I wonder how many this time, it's a spring wave.

We got:

1 Marksdwarf (amazing, just what I need)
1 Animal Trainer (BLARG!!)
1 Siege Operator (maybe later)
5 Peasant (Fortress Guard!)
1 Fisherdwarf (good I suppose, but dangerous)
1 Metal Crafter (maybe for that silver)
1 Ranger (same as fisherdwarf)
1 Brewer (pretty handy)
1 Engraver (useful)
1 Metalsmith (good for the silver weapons)
1 Mechanic (cage TRAPSSS)
1 Craftsdwarf (for making that glass)
1 Siege Engineer (to help the siege operator)
1 Cook (I don't use these)
1 Blacksmith (same as metalsmith)
1 Hunter (same as ranger)

Total: 20

Best of the bunch is that Marksdwarf.

I'm writing in little blurps now, been busy with my avatar mostly, but now it's finished!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 11:30:40 am »

26th Felsite, 204, Late-Spring:

Here's the work on our arena, it's pretty one-sided as of now.

Need to catch some orcs.

gg...,,.,oo.
ggg.,.,.,ooo
g..,,,.,.,oo

14th Hematite, 204, Early-Summer:

Oh no!  The orcs are back, I don't know how many (I'll find out later), all I know is that we have like 10 guys out hauling wood back.

Get in side everyone!

They got a tough leader too this time.

Run Hunter!  I knew hunting would be a bad idea.

Wait, they have a second group!

There must be atleast 2 dozen orcs.

[OOC]  There's.....

10 Orc Wrestlers
8 Orc Lashers
7 Orc Spearman
1 Hammer Lord
1 Mace Lord

Total: 32?  Must have counted wrong. There is 32 orcs though. Not 27.

Let the battle commence!!

They're coming at the same time!  We can't hold them off!

We have 5 guys defending!? Most went in to eat, they have to learn their priorities.
We have 30 war dogs out to defend, which might hold them off....

FIRE!!!!!!!!

We got one!  But the Mace Lord is getting closer, hold them off dogs!  Kenny go take him out!

What about the bottom group?!

CHAOS ENSUES!!

Many of our war dogs our dead by the Mace Lord, none of us died yet, we're losing this battle, what about the next!

Kenny is our only hope to kill the Orc Mace Lord, he has become enraged with the loss of all his dogs. (I assigned all the war dogs to him :p)

[OOC] I don't think he'll survive.

The Mace Lord leaped on Kenny and started beating the pulp out of him.

The Mace Lord killed Kenny!  He will pay.......if we survive.

AHHHHHHH!!! The Hammer Lord group flanked our Marksdwarves!  It's all over.

The Fortress Guard is coming!

We only have 3 military dwarves left!
Their are only hope!

We won, we scared the last bits off, we would of all died if we didn't have the cage traps...many brave dwarves died today, they were no match for the orcs.

We caught the Mace Lord and Hammer Lord in cages too.   ::)

It is now 18th Hematite, I'm going to bed.

[OOC] Our whole military was slaughtered!  We would of definantly lost.

Want a new dwarf Kenny?  (you had a cool death, right?)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:41:10 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 01:58:33 pm »

19th Hematite, 204, Early-Summer:

This is madness!

I wake up and everybody is having a fit!

[OOC] I don't want a tantrum spiral.

Everybody is beating each other up, someone attacked my Husband!

21st Hematite, 204, Early-Summer:

Someone broke ToonyMan's hand, now I'm mad.

Our outpost might crumple to its end from the inside!

21st Hematite, 204, Early-Summer:

OH THE HUMANITY!!

The Captain of the Guard is going around basiclly killing everybody, because he's tantruming.  Someone get that axe away from him!

22nd Hematite, 204, Early-Summer:

One of the Aniaml Trainers is seriously depressed, been starving herself.

I need to go, more people to comfort.

28th Hematite, 204, Early-Summer:

This is bad, it's spreading like a disease.

This is a bad year indeed.

2nd Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

Another one bites the dust.

Most of the fortress is unhappy, it's driving me crazy.

LATER TODAY..............................

One of our bone carvers went berserk!

We need to put him down!

The deed is done.  I feel miserable.

Tantrum Spirals are baaaaaaaaaaaaad.  I never had one before, this is insane!  I might lose this fort.  Got to hold on, hold on, hold on.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2008, 03:23:01 pm »

6th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

I am SICK OF THIS, EVERYBODY IN THIS BLOODY FORT NEEDS MY HELP, BECAUSE "they lost a friend to tradegy" I'LL TELL YOU WHAT, I LOST A FRIEND TO TRADEGY TOO, BUT I DIDN'T COMPLAIN.

7th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

Ok,ok, the arena is set up, I feel better today.

9th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

Oh, life is hell.

I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!  NOBODY IS EVER HAPPY FROM SOME STUPID GUYS DIEING!!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2008, 03:48:00 pm »

Hehe, liked the death. ;D

Although when,(if) you ever start engraving show me how my dwarf was slain. Anyway, going to pick a dwarf who hasn't gone insane. A chill dwarf. Really sounds like you're having fun,(or losing either one).

If everything goes to hell wall yourself inside the fort, and pretty much shun the rest of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2008, 04:06:31 pm »

Let me find the happiest dwarf............Kivish the Mechanic!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2008, 04:48:44 pm »

10th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

A blacksmith died.

I'm severly depressed, I don't care.  There is murder about.

11th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

A guard coming to beat me for punishment,

Whatever, she already beat my husband.

LegoLord has been destroying all our cage traps at our entrance, what a traitor, they should be beating him!

12th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

The guards said they beat me for murder!?

I did no such thing, did I?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 06:32:29 pm »

OH MY GOD!  THEY KILLED KENNY!

"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2008, 06:37:07 pm »

OH MY GOD!  THEY KILLED KENNY!

YOU BASTARDS!
Let me find the happiest dwarf............Kivish the Mechanic!

Name him Arrrrrrgggh. Or how many letters the game lets you fit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2008, 07:34:53 pm »

13th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

One of our mechanics wants to be called, "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhh"

How upsurd, it's all madness, we're all crazy, I'm crazy.

15th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

Will somebody get rid of these rotting bodies!?

No, NO THEY WON"T BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO GOD DAMN BUSY TANTRUMING BECAUSE OF THE MIASMA!!

17th Malachite, 204, Mid-Summer:

You won't believe this!  I'm updating our stock piles at my desk in the nobles quarters when some deranged dwarf comes by and RIPS MY DOOR OFF!!

What the hell?

[OOC] Picturing this makes me laugh so hard.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40