Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 63000 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #390 on: February 17, 2009, 06:17:58 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11th Galena, 214, Late-Summer:

Mid-Summer flew by as I worked on a new pump system.  Now, Late-Summer will have an arena fight.  HAHAHAHAH!!

I don't believe ever champion will be there, but I'll say atleast 8 out of 15.

20 GOBLIN WRESTLERS VS. 8(ish) DWARF CHAMPIONS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

14th Galena, 214, Late-Summer:

Woah, look at that cat storm.

Don't want to get caught in that thing.

BAM!!  I played for one straight hour before my eyes started to burn and my fever got back to me.  DWARF FORTRESS>ILLNESS

until

ILLNESS^6

then

DWARF FORTRESS<ILLNESS   

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:34 pm »

Ouch, insane champions can be a problem.

I'd say that there's a tantrum spiral risk but my playing experience has convinced me that such things are stories to scare children with.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 18, 2009, 08:00:08 am »

Ever since my last tantrum spiral a decade (woah) back the dwarves of DeathQuest never become friends with each other.  Every dwarf I have has NO relationships except for children if they have them.  Must be because they're always working.   ;)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 18, 2009, 08:42:40 am »

25th Galena, 214, Late-Summer:

The first of many in this new arena.

I didn't even finish the roof yet!

MOVIE:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1113-20goblinsvs8champions

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 19, 2009, 04:29:26 am »

Why did the champ go BERSERGG?
Ask about our Noble-Extermination Death Machines!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 19, 2009, 02:30:39 pm »

He was resting a broken leg he got from a sparring accident.  It just made him really unhappy I guess.  I wasn't even expecting it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 19, 2009, 07:20:55 pm »

8th Limestone, 214, Early-Autumn:

Ah, dwarves at work in the mourning.

Well, mostly drinking.

12th Limestone, 214, Early-Autumn:

The orcs are leaving.

Now I know there is some hidden urge to fight them, but I'll fight them later when I'm out of things to kill in the arena.  Which has ALOT of invaders.  Pages and pages.

1st Sandstone, 214, Mid-Autumn:

Bim was jumping up and down like a mad man in his jail cage all of a sudden.  Nobody knows why he went insane.

Eh.  I don't know why everybody is going crazy now.  I need to look more into this forts history.

21st Sandstone, 214, Mid-Autumn:

The second pump is being made.

Everything going smooth.  Running out of room actually.

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 20, 2009, 03:20:57 am »

How is Der Kartoffel going? Is he in a mood, mad or what?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 20, 2009, 02:38:13 pm »

Glad you asked.

I won't be home this weekend again.  I can still go on the forums though.

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2009, 07:28:26 am »

Moar tables. MOAR! Then your dwarves will be happy pappy= less tantruming. Try to get rid of the miasma, unless it's already gone. Put doors into the bedrooms, that will probably solve the noise prob and they will be happy pappy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2009, 12:32:57 pm »

I've done all that except the tables thing.  Maybe I should stick some turtle statues in the main meeting areas.

EDIT:    400th post in this thread!   WooHOHOWHOHOWo!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:47:13 pm by ToonyMan »

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 22, 2009, 03:07:44 am »

Yeah, make your place a palace, but watch out, then they will probably Urist MacDwarf Cancels Important Job: Attend Party. But, gladly, if you draft and undraft them into the military, they will stop partying, but then they will have a bad thought. But, if your place is a palace, they will be too happy pappy to even care of the bad thought. I once read in a post about a place where a mother's kid died. She didn't care, she just partyed. After the party, she just looked for her dead kid.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 23, 2009, 05:03:21 pm »

23rd Sandstone, 214, Mid-Autumn:

Got rid of the huge farming area in the back.  We don't have enough haulers so all the food rots.  We need to build within our limits.  (HA!)

Dwarves have to come to trade with us also, but they're staying.  Until they go crazy, ofcourse.

24th Sandstone, 214, Mid-Autumn:

Oh!  I almost forgot!  I have started mandating the constrution of as much stautes as possible.  In the future I see rows and rows of statues in our meeting areas.

2nd Timber, 214, Late-Autumn:

Hey!  Knock knock!  Look at this guys!

We killed the King's youngest son somehow!  Let me go back in my records and find how he dies...

13th Timber, 214, Late-Autumn:

The dwarf merchants finally cracked.  They should starve in o......a month.

[OOC]  Dwarf Fortress time is messed up.

27th Timber, 214, Late-Autumn:

Workdy Workdy Wordky.

BlAH!

IMPOSSIBLE I SAY!!

I write like I'm playing a succesion game.   I need to stop that...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 24, 2009, 03:55:31 pm »

17th Moonstone, 214, Early-Winter:

Half done with the tower.  Made the "pipe" larger.

I won't finish.

20th Opal, 214, Mid-Winter:

The cavarn merchants finally starved...

Ofcourse, we all know the cavaran guards don't have to eat or sleep.

3rd Obsidian, 214, Late-Winter:

The pump is working good.

With some leaks ofcourse, but I'll get it fixed.

14th Obsidian, 214, Late-Winter:

This year in,,, HAUKLING!!!

A possessed child made a ring with an engraving of a ring on it.

W00T W00.

Du Dun Dish.

I"M ON A ROLL!!

1st Granite, 215, Early-Spring:

Another year another chocolate.

MMmmmmmm...chocolate.

MAP:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-4778-deathquest

EDIT:  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Tholtig' the oldest child that is alive will grow to become a peasant in late-spring this year.  She was born in Felsite 203.  That's 12 years?  Right?  SHE MUST SURVIVE!!

Du Dun Dish.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:14:03 pm by ToonyMan »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 24, 2009, 10:15:15 pm »

Awesome so many new updates. Well time to catch up, keep up the good work Toonyman.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40