Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 63003 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors (now with added succession!)
« Reply #375 on: February 01, 2009, 08:05:27 pm »

Is it just me, or is Toonyman missing his section on likes and dislikes?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 01, 2009, 08:42:38 pm »

Yeah, I found that odd too.  I guess it's good for me though!  No mandates or demands!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 02, 2009, 04:00:27 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st Limestone, 213, Early-Autumn:

'Urvy' looked at the calendar on his engraved wall.

"It's been almost a MONTH and I've heard nothing from 'Zerg'."

"I have the perfect idea about what to do and it's been so long I've almost forgot it!"

'Urvy'  was short tempered and expected more from perfect 'Zerg'.  She ALWAYS does things on-time.

'Urvy' sighed.  He hasn't seen 'Zerg' since they last met too.  Did something go wrong?

MEANWHILE.....

'Zerg' woke up in a daze.  Her head felt awful and she nearly vomited.  What was the last thing she remembered?  She was snooping around 'ToonyMan''s office, no doubt.  She then tried to touch her bruised head, she couldn't.  Looking down she saw that chains were wrapped around her arms and legs.  Struggling would not help.  She knows this place she's in however, but can't grasp it--wait!  I'm in the Hammerer's Tower!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2009, 01:28:30 pm »

1st Limestone, 213, Early-Autumn:

"Well well well, look who's awake now."

"Why am I here?"

"The King told me to keep an eye on his room and to catch who's been taking his things."

The Hammerer looked like all hammerers.  Crooked goofy smiles when they think they did something good.  Like little lap dogs.  'Zerg' never liked them, especially this one.

"What are you going to do with me?"  'Zerg' stayed very calm, dwarves start asking questions when their mayor goes missing.

"I can't tell you that, wait 'till the King comes up."  'Will Smith' gave another goofy smile.  He then sat on the chair infront of her and leaned foward.

"While he ain't here let me say what I think of you."  His right hand was always wrapped around his hammer.  Pig.

"There is no point for you to be here!  You're just.....temporary.  Once the King gets here your out of the job!"

He thought for a moment.

"Hell!  When the Duke gets here you're nothin'."

"The mayor is here just to start this miserable fort.  Let me tell you a secret."  He leaned closer.  His voice whispered.

"I orignally lived in a different civilization, before being brought to this one"  His hands followed the way he talked.  "Then I came...here.  Brought against my will for you to know."

"So what?"  'Zerg' was getting impatient with this fool.

"Haha"  He started to laugh darkly.

"I work for the orcs."

"WHAT?!"  'Zerg' now had a reason to get this dwarf killed, for treason.

"You see--"  'Will Smith' didn't get to finish, footsteps were heard coming up the spiral.

"I never said any of this, ok?"  That was the last words he could say before the King came up, he just looked insane.  'Zerg' knew that telling the King the horrid news would just end with the Hammerer lieing and he has more respect then her...

"THIS is the theif?"  'ToonyMan' pointed at 'Zerg'

"Yes my lord."  What a devil.

The King paused and looked at her, she swore his eyes turned different colors everyday.  Today they were purple.

"Let her go."

"Wha-*cough* yes sir."  'Will Smith' took the key out of his pocket and reluctantly unlocked all the restraints.

"Why were you taking documents about me from my room?"

"I-"

"You could of just asked me!"  He gave a big smile, royal teeth.

'Zerg' rubbed here wrists.

"Sorry sir."

"Oh don't do this royal yes sir ok sir stuff,  just tell me what you want to know!"

"What happened to your fam--"

"GO."  'ToonyMan' showered his face.  "Leave.  Be happy that you're alive."

'Zerg' didn't ask questions, she was out of there.

"Want me to keep an eye on her my majesty?"  'Will Smith' was still there.

"Beat it.  Scram!  Let me do my own things."  The Hammerer ran out of his tower like a train.

The King walked up to the roof, kneeled down, and cried.  His eyes were blue.

[OOC]  Alright, I'm done with this long story stuff for a bit, I barely get to play Dwarf Fortress!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 03, 2009, 02:53:25 pm »

12th Limestone, 213, Early-Autumn:

BIG BOOMING VOICE THAT KNOWS ALL

Dwarves have come to trade!

Too bad for them, The King doesn't want to see them!!

15th Sandstone, 213, Mid-Autumn:

Life continues as the norm.

*yawn*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 03, 2009, 07:00:21 pm »

26th Sandstone, 213, Mid-Autumn:

"What a sight, this is going to be our last migrant wave."

"I can only hope we get some skilled folks."

2 seconds later.....

"Oh, well they were fine dwarves.  Don't pull the lever!"

28th Sandstone, 213, Mid-Autumn:

That went better then expected, this dwarves are staying in the military!  Let them in!!

5th Timber, 213, Late-Autumn:

THOUGHTS OF 'HOPELESS' THE ANIMAL CARETAKER

How could they leave me behind?  Yes, I did break my knee in the kobold battle, or atleast I thought I did.  It's been a week since they left me and I need to find shelter somewhere, anywhere.  There's a wave of water flooding EVERYTHING!!  IT'S INSANE!  I judge that I only have a month to build something to live in, or I'm toast.

I sure hope there's a pick or axe somewhere...

Mini-hermit fort!   ;D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 04, 2009, 04:21:55 pm »

22nd Timber, 213, Late-Autumn:

"I'M HUNGRY!!  LET ME IN YOU IDIOTS!!  I CAN'T SURVIVE OUT HERE!!"

Surviving outside is very hard when you have nothing.  All there was were a bunch of dead bodies, weapons, armor, and wood.  There were no picks.  There were no axes.  Only thing I could live on was fish and wood.  The water would of killed me if I drank it.  Ever night was cold and lonely.  All I had for company was a cow that one of the dwarves left behind.  He sure was tasty.  I havn't had water for about 2 weeks.  I'm surprised I havn't died.  If they don't let me in I'm going to die!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 04, 2009, 08:49:46 pm »

10th Moonstone, 213, Early-Winter:

I always liked when the children and nobles swarm when I task things to be de-constructed.

The new arena in-the-sky is almost finished.

12th Moonstone, 213, Early-Winter:

I'm not the slightest worried.  We can not be harmed.

5 squads, 80 orcs.    Not one legendary!!   :p

13th Moonstone, 213, Early-Winter:

DON'T HURT THE CAMEL!!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2009, 10:18:48 am »

1st Granite, 214, Early-Spring:

The rest of winter went by smoothly.

[OOC] I can't think of any stories.

Alright then, I'll continue the next year unless some manaic stands up against me.

EDIT:     

MAP:   http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-4578-deathquest
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 12:24:06 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #384 on: February 11, 2009, 04:27:05 pm »

Starting the next year.

WITH A THEME OF BLOOD!!

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:43 am »

I see. So you're going to flood the world, eh? Well you're fort isn't waterproof. And watch out for the Carp
Ask about our Noble-Extermination Death Machines!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 12, 2009, 11:41:18 am »

Another human!  Hello!

Hee, playing is really slow at 15 FPS,  it takes about an hour real-time for me to finish a month.  I'm in Mid-Spring as of now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2009, 05:43:16 pm »

2nd Granite, 214, Early-Spring:

'TOONYMAN' THE KING!!

The first new year I rule DeathQuest.  DeathQuest.  I can't believe it!!  When I thought hope was lost when I left my falling mountainhome there came this new beginning.  Two years ago before I lost our last mountainhome, one of my now dead advisors showed me a map with a little fort in the middle of what looked to be over 5 orc towers!  He said we would have to travel there if we lose this mountainhome.  I called him mad, he said I was too stubborn and needed to adapt to changing times.  He was right.

This year is going to be all about the arena!

Bum-bum-dish!!

13th Granite, 214, Early-Spring:

The Elf Diplomat is back?  I thought he was insane.  I sat on the roof of the Hammerer's tower and was about to watch him get murdered by the orcs, but they were not there, they must of left...

17th Granite, 214, Early-Spring:

'Hack' one of our champions was stabbed in the heart in a freak sparring accident.

We have set a coffin for him, military was allowed off-duty today.

22nd Slate, 214, Mid-Spring:

The Champions are in high anticaption for the arena, they have been told that the first fight will be the 10 of them against 20 goblin wrestlers.  That's just a warm up! 

The next fight will have to be different, bigger.

5th Felsite, 214, Late-Spring:

Alright!  I admit that the pumps are going too slow.  I have started making the "pipes" more wide so more water can flow.  Atleast, in RL that's how it works.

Migrants have come again too...  I'll let them live outside, I'm sick of migrants.

14th Felsite, 214, Late-Spring:

Everytime migrants come, everytime!  I don't know why they still come.  Must be the name and all, makes sense right?  NO!!  IT DOESN'T!!

BLAHSAGSHAKDJAHAKDKJ  BLEHP!!

AND UPDATE?!?!?!  WHAT?!?!  I DONT AGH YAWN SLUP

Ultra-Towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immovable Object
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 17, 2009, 03:51:36 am »

Please post more often. This is a good story, but it annoys me when you only post about once a week
Ask about our Noble-Extermination Death Machines!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 17, 2009, 05:22:03 pm »

23rd Felsite, 214, Late-Spring:

Wow, who knew such a lowly kobold could have so much blood!

BLOOD!!![/color]

7th Hematite, 214, Early-Summer:

What's happening to my champions!?  They're dying left and right!

Atleast this one had a good show.  Going berserk in the sparring room.....smmmmaaaarrrrrttttt.

11th Hematite, 214, Early-Summer:

GO AWAY!!  I'M BUSY!!

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYT

I've been busy lately with the usual, whatever that may be.  Boredom sort of sets in too when DF goes so slow.

I'm going to get to autumn before tommorow!  Or elsE!

On a back note, that entry with the kobold was hilarous.  I guess DF doesn't handle fluid functions like that well.  It just keeps spreading.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40