Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 62991 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors (now with added succession!)
« Reply #225 on: December 26, 2008, 01:20:02 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th Limestone, 208, Early-Autumn:

Late-Summer went by uneventful, we've been busy putting floors outside.  We have plans when we know it's save to build an outside area for wood.  Someone told me to do that, I don't remember who.  We are suspecting another cavaran from those dwarves that always come to us, we will make sure to protect them this time, I don't want to look bad as they may never come again if we screw up.

Some mason or whoever sneaked into a craftsdwarf shop and started hauling things to it, I tried to talk to him, but he just moaned and grawled or something a dog would do.  He's bringing alot of rocks, a gem, some leather, and a log of wood.

We ARE going to be sieged this season and hopefully our lazy military will stop chatting among themselfs and actually do something!  Only two dwarves actually practice and we have plenty of bolts!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2008, 01:41:09 pm »

10th Limestone, 208, Early-Autumn:

We've spotted a Human Diplomat north of DeathQuest!

Why doesn't he come with his cavaran and why at such at odd times?  He is a weird fello.

11th Limestone, 208, Early-Autumn:

We are lucky that the Human is so fast.

Luckly, and I mean LUCKLY.  They were just goblins.  I wonder if the cavaran will come now, blasted goblins!

Three sqauds though, we can take them out fast.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2008, 01:43:03 pm »

Phew, goblins I was about to completely loose if it were orcs.

I'd also suggest making a bolt stockpile at your entrance, and building a crafts workshop near your bone pile. To churn out +Orc bone bolts+ and -Orc totems-.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2008, 04:24:05 pm »

I did the first thing already, I'll make sure to make some craftsdwarf shops in the right places.  I hope I still get the dwarven cavaran.  :)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2008, 04:44:38 pm »

13th Limestone, 208, Early-Autumn:

I'm so happy that they were goblins, yet....disappointed.  They didn't even get through the 6 or so weapon traps.  I wonder if the cavaran was attacked by them or if they are still coming.

MOVIE:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1012

Nine weapon traps do wonders.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2008, 05:50:09 pm »

Nine weapon traps do wonders.

Truer words ever spoken.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2008, 06:21:05 pm »

16th Limestone, 208, Early-Autumn:

The cavaran came while our dwarves were hauling, that's a good thing.  Requesting fuel and what not.  Meh.

21st Sandstone, 208, Mid-Autumn:

The cavaran finally left, felt like ages.  Not for anybody that reads this though.  I need a shelf for this thing.  Right now I put it under my bed and hope to god nobody takes it.  I don't know what I'll do.

We got alot of good stuff, like pig iron for one and pig iron for two!  These nobles all just complain.  They got it easy.

FROM THE JOURNAL OF 'THOB' THE MAYOR,

23nd Sandstone, 208, Mid-Autumn:

We're almost done with the woodcutter haven.  A must for me.  I need to kill something to feel better.  I imagine those trees as all the things I hate.  Elfs, Goblins, Orcs, and.........Dwarves.  Don't call me a hypocrit for hating my own race.  If all the dwarves here weren't pancies then maybe we'd get somewhere.  Everyday, if there isn't a Dwarf who says he can't work because his nail is broken there is someone who can't work because of a "tradegy", come on.  We're all going to die horrble anyway.  This Winter, the Orcs will come and kill us all.  All of us.  I must go now, more trees to chop.

[OOC]  There you have it, 'Thob' the depressed Mayor who thinks we're all going to die. YEAH!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2008, 07:41:48 pm »

I'd also mention that you don't have a Royal public dining room, what's up with that?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2008, 07:46:22 pm »

I was making one before said that, I'm pumping out tables, chairs, and statues for it.  You can sort of see the stone stockpile in the newest picture with the three mason workshops.

Haha, it's like a timelapse of the stone being made into furniture.   ;D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2008, 10:13:14 am »

11th Timber, 208, Late-Autumn:

I saw a bunch of children run up to the surface today, I followed them and they where building what looked like a tower.  Not for me no doubt.  I don't deserve anything for saving everybody.  They told me it was for the Hammerer.  *sigh*  I have no control on what happens here or for anything.

I'm not going to even bother asking if they can make one for me.

18th Timber, 208, Late-Autumn:

When I walked down into my quarters to sleep I found some new art on the floor.

'LegoLord' has the same idea I have.

There's more too.

Um.... yeah I don't know what to say, we have cats everywhere.

Hold on a second, there's a second one.

That's creepy.

Ok here's another, you see what I mean that are Dwarves are wussies?

More cat embracing, not by 'LegoLord' though.

This ones cool.  I hate kobolds too.

There is so many Orcs killing things on the floor, here's one.

They have one where there's a horse and uhh...nevermind.

My room is engraved full of coffins.  Coffins.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2008, 12:25:47 pm »

Hey Toonyman, what sort of program do you use to edit your images?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2008, 01:19:00 pm »

Hah, Ummm.....I have a Windows Vista and it comes with a tool called "Snipping Tool" which allows you to cut and save any image that's on your screen.  Pretty helpful, better then press Print Screen and goin to Paint and so on.  Just start the tool, drag a square around Dwarf Fortress then save the image.  You can see that it's limited to human error with little parts sticking out, but I don't want people distracted on my window buttons.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2008, 01:37:30 pm »

3rd Moonstone, 208, Early-Winter:

The better, bigger dining room is complete.  I don't care much, because I'm not going to use it, but if it makes my Dwarves happy, along with all their lavish meals then I'm all fine!  It's not like we should prepare ourself for a Orc attack, oh no.  I don't remember requesting a new dining room either.  Nobody cares for 'old me the founder of this place!  Makes me angry.

Some of our military knows whats up, but not many.

14th Opal, 208, Mid-Winter:

The Countess had a baby.  There will be more, like always.

The Orcs havn't come yet.  They must!

1st Granite, 209, Early-Spring:

It's the ninth year today.  Amazing that we lived so long, I don't feel any different.

Here is what 'Zerg' drawed up,

No migrants have been coming.  Doesn't bother me much, they just whine.

MAP:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/map-4241-deathquest

Would you want to play this year Creamcorn?  Or would someone else?  Otherwise, I'll just do another year.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2008, 04:41:19 pm »

Sure I'll go next. Just give me till monday for an update.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2008, 04:48:24 pm »

Ok, good.  Try to do the whole year if you can.

SAVE:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=761

GOOD LUCK!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40