Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 62986 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #195 on: December 21, 2008, 01:12:02 pm »

Derailed!

What the hell is that?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 21, 2008, 01:14:13 pm »

It's about why I'm not updating DeathQuest that much now.  It has everything to do with DeathQuest. MUahahahAHhah.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 21, 2008, 01:17:29 pm »

Guwah? ???

Well I suggest you just play the shit out of that game, and get on with DF. Unless you want to turn this into a succession game. *hint* *hint*
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 21, 2008, 03:24:32 pm »

Are you saying you want to trash my fort?!  Never!  You must not touch the beauty it pastos!  Hmmm...maybe. 

There would be rules though.  And they can change whenever I say. Maybe.

Rule #1:  No causing the fort to get destroyed (ex:flooding the fort)

Rule #2: There are not any other rules.  Just try to keep Thob and the Author alive, ok?

You will play untill the year 209, write some journal notes or something while you play.  Try to finish before next weekend, I know it's christmas so I'll cut some slack.

Here's the save:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=748

I want to see what someone else will do to my fort anyway, if something bad happens don't worry, will fix it.  I'll except other peoples requests if this goes some where.   Hah, community and succession fort.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors (now with added succession!)
« Reply #199 on: December 21, 2008, 04:08:40 pm »

Gleeeee!

I can't wait to see what ruckus I cause! Also I'm guessing I should also do something with that mega project of yours. Hopefully you can expect an update in the next 24 hours or so. ;D

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2008, 04:10:21 pm »

Double post, you haven't messed around with the raws for this too much have you?

Also I need to know whether or not you left cave ins on or not.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2008, 04:29:21 pm »

Triple post.

Never mind about the int stuff, I turned everything off, except for invaders of course. Do you have zero rent on by the way, eh sure it doesn't matter much. I will admit I've never made it to the economy stage of the game yet, so this should be very interesting.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 21, 2008, 04:41:36 pm »

WHOOOPS!! I forgot all about the Orcs!!   :o

For the raws I used Rysith's Orc Mod which is here: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=26858.0

edit:  It seems they were updated.  I don't know if that will effect it or not, I think it will, let me get the raws I have....

edit edit: ahhh the new version looks cool, oh well I dont think it'll work anyway...

here are the raws.

entity:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

creature:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and for the Init I have everything on except temperature and weather.  Sorry!  Get the news quick!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:46:56 pm by ToonyMan »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2008, 04:50:22 pm »

Hm, allright, allright.

I've got a checklist, and I'm going to make sure I accomplish most of them in my reign.

-Figure out which dorfs are cave adept
-Fix FPS I get to a more decent amount, right now I only get 15-25 FPS
-Figure your confusing as hell fort layout
-Make sure no more dwarfs get cave adept
-Fix the stockpiles, oh god, the stockpiles, these are the only things that can make me weep when ever I play someone elses fort
-Get more coal, (possibly through a little cheating... what?)
-Kill orcs
-Kill anything that moves
-Kill orcs in a fascinating fashion
-Kill orcs when I get bored
-Kill elfs
-Genocide humies if I get bored
-Kill gobos
-Kill orcs
-Mega project, hopefully

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2008, 05:01:12 pm »

THAT'S HOW YOU SPELL IT REIGN, it never looked right to me....

On-topic:

-Alright.
-I get about 15 FPS and it doesn't bug me, you can do whatever you want though, within reason.
-My layout is not confusing, well not for me, never did this before. :D
-Alright
-Haha, I just make custom stockpiles that allow everything, never bothered me either.  :D
-NO CHEATING.
-Yes.
-Not Dwarfs, except maybe the nobles.
-YES.
-YES.
-Take thier goods too, those elfs in that trap room will go crazy soon and you can take those goods.
-Killing humans is ok, I never did it, but ok.
-Goblins die they must!
-Yes again.
-Finish the floating arena! Which isn't actually floating!!

ALSO, I think I labeled every lever, tell me if I didn't, but I think I did.  Can't wait for a update and good luck!

EDIT: Also also!! Do you like my windmill tower?  I think it's awesome and ugly at the same time!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:02:45 pm by ToonyMan »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2008, 06:36:15 pm »

OOC: Urgh, og I don't know how you do it ToonyMan. I honestly don't.

10th of Felsite, 208, Late Spring
The day someone told me to do something.

It started like any other ordinary day, I waded through mounds of animal crap into the hole of a meeting rooms area. I had seen everyone I usually see, barely knowing their names or caring.

Author our local dwarf foreman walked up to me, and said something that would change my life.

"Rule #1:  No causing the fort to get destroyed (ex:flooding the fort)

Rule #2: There are not any other rules.  Just try to keep Thob and the Author alive, ok?

You will play untill the year 209, write some journal notes or something while you play.  Try to finish before next weekend, I know it's christmas so I'll cut some slack."

Than in a flash he ran off telling me to treat his fortress right. Looks like I'm the new foreman... I guess that puts me in charge... ABOUT TIME!

11th Felly, LS

Time to cage up some animals! They make moving around this fort a great hazard! I once saw a dwarf go beserk, and he began to throw various animal feces at anyone he could see! Horrid times those were, it's a good thing I knew no one who died. Anyway, here's my plan, use all the useless cages in the stockpiles, and put them to use caging up animals. Time to look over the cages.

...going over through the piles of cages we had I could see that Author never decided to tidy these up... or clean them.

Wha- O.K. wonder what that's all about...

After looking over most of these cages I suddenly realized how many POWs we had in this fort.

Quite alot, quite alot, they shall all make fine entertainment.

14th of Fel, LS

I looked over the operations of the caging, which were going fearfully slow. It seemed the Rhesus Macaques were very eager to go into small cramped cages. Either that or they were just following their mother.

One of the elvs in our elf trap, actually almost all of them have gone beserk today. Except one, I figure we should let this one leave as a messenger to the elvs. Wait... strike that last part, that elf also went beserk. Well guess we should put those things in our stockpiles.

22nd of Felsite, LS

This fortress lay out, man, it's tough for a dwarf to navigate it. Out of the 152 dwarfs in this area, only four are caging the 373 animals or so in this place. The animals out number us 2 to 1! What are we elfs!?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 21, 2008, 06:47:04 pm »

I never bothered caging the animals, I don't know.  ;D   I rarely read the Dwarf Fortress Wiki by-the-way.  Only for those stupid windmills of death.

Also, why are the orcs O's instead of o's?  Did you put the newer version in?  Or did you just change the creature raw a bit. 

Like the update so far.  Keep'em coming.

Also, I feel really ashamed.  ::)   What did I do wrong, let I few animals free and make a badly designed fort?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2008, 08:32:51 pm »

I've changed to using Photobucket to upload crap from now on, not sure that it will change anything. Just thought it would be something nice to share will allcha. Also for the record the text corresponding to the picture will be written atop, someone correct me if I lie to you.

1st Hematite,208, Early Summer
I've been neglecting certain things...

Today I woke up, and my covers were sticking to my body, they were covered in dwarf sweat, and so was I. Usually it doesn't get this hot in the Summer, especially underground. I woke up with a headache from a nightmare.

OOC:MONOLOGUE TIME! ;D

The orcs they were upon us again, I ordered our small army to get into their station posts. The bridge was dropped, and we waited for the orcs to come storming through our trapped ridden halls. They came in their usual numbers, eighty strong, I was observing from a strategic view point. One where I could see the enemy, but they could not see me, and with a handy exit.

I watched them, everything moved slowly in that dream, smells non exisitant, but sounds crisp, and sudden. I heard their armor thunder in unison as they marched, iron fiercly glinting in the sun, and weapons points shine brightly before running with blood. The orcs remained silent as they always did, and it appeared as if the evilist of demon sent forth animated armor to destroy us. It was slow, but the sounds made it felt quickened. Soon the orcs in my dream were at the forts front gate, they stood there for some moments looking across the trapped hallway as if watching us through the stone walls.

They than ran forth in no commanded formation, like they would do in real life, but the traps, they walked over them as if they were simply ground. I screamed before my mouth even moved, and ran underground. Running in a nightmare is useless. The light around me faded to the length of my out stretched arm, but it did not stop me from trying to flee from the orcs. I never seemed to bump into a wall, and I somehow knew where I was going, though when I woke I had no idea where I was actually running in my dream. As I ran I could hear dwarfs screaming, they screamed of others, in pain, in fear, in despair, and soon they began to call my name. "Arrrrrrgh, help us." ...The rest is too frighting to write about.

I talked to the philosopher about this dream, he told me to give him time to think about it. I politely agreed; I just wanted to forget about it already.

2nd of hematite ESum

The meeting areas were filled with less crap for once, only a few animals, mostly dogs appear to be shitting in doggy marking areas. Unlike camels which did so with less regard.

OOC:I've increased the FPS from an average of 15FPS to 20FPS!

In the time I've spent working/living in Deathquest I have always found it to be, well, not very sufficient lets just leave it at that. Which is why I have hereby decided to do some major renovating on its industrial center, I will begin by moving old stockpiles to different areas, more closer to their corresponding areas.

First I shall begin by creating some carpenters workshops, and reliving most useful carpenters of other less important duties, after those workshops are done I shall begin to construct some *MUCH* needed bins.

8th hemmy

Progress is slow, but showing, so far the dwarfs have been able to move all of the cloth, (at least I hope that's all of it) into one convenient stockpile, I'm also changing around workshop locations, Work has also begun on those bins.

OOC:ARGH! I hope my turn doesn't wind up simply cleaning up this fort!

10th Hem

Today while I was issuing orders I was told that the orcs had come to take our fort once again. I could see them swarming over the land scape, unlike the last siege there appeared to be less invaders, only three squads worth of them. I've called our milatary to arms.

The first squad appears to be led by a Sniper, flanked by some wrestlers, and some lashers.

The second is also lead by a sniper, it matchs the first except in the fact it has maulers.

The third, and final squad frightens me the most. As they do match the last two squads this one lacks the maulers/lashers, but carries all snipers. The horror!

Looking over our free army I find myself to be even more distressed, it seems author never took it upon himself to see our armies inventory. Looking over them I see that six of our nine soldiers only seem to be carrying one bolt! ONE BOLT!

OOC:Toonyman... have you ever heard of the term micro management? :|
12th Hem

The first of the invaders have tasted the bane of our traps.

Only one squad has reached the entrance so far, the squad with the lashers is soon to be coming, and the dreaded Sniper squad is far behind the rest, they appeared on the opposite side of our forts only entrance.

13th of Hematite

Victory! We have won! Although a moment of silence for two of our soldiers, who were shot to death by the snipers of the orcs. If only they had carried more bolts, I am increasing bolt supplies due to these deaths.

?? of Hematite

Humans have arrived at out fort to trade. I have absolutely no idea for what we are to offer them.

OOC:Come on Toonyman give me some ideas here!

By the way, I hope to update this once every day. So please, keep reading.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2008, 09:12:53 pm »

The Humans actually came?  They came only twice before in the eight years we have lived there, I say kill them or siege there goods or something.  Anyway, good update! 

My military had only one bolt handy, that's odd.  I swear I forbbid all of those strays....some of the military died....too bad, were they named people?

For the bins....well I was having a wood shortage before and forgot to make them, whenever I made 20 bins though nothing seemed to change.

KEEP'EM COMING

EDIT: also thanks for organizing my fort, which is ironic, because I really think I have OCD in RL.   ;D

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2008, 09:56:47 pm »

Have to ask, but have you noticed were are the only two posting in this thread up until Plank of wood's post.

What's up with that? ???
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40