Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 62979 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2008, 05:13:14 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

It have been told that the merchants left.........and they took everything with them...

I don't even want to think about three donkeys carrying 6 WAGONS LOADED WITH STUFF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

MONKEYS AT 12oCLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH THE HORROR!!!!

12th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn;

Target Practice.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2008, 03:04:21 pm »

;D

Really neat updates, you should try making a completly orc world, and try to survive in that one next time or atleast make a world full of bad guys.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2008, 03:43:10 pm »

What I was planning on this was having my fort survive barely on the skin of their teeth.  I want there to be a 150 orc siege or something of some sort soon.....maybe this winter.  Because right now my dwarves are living a luxury and that wasn't suppose to happen.  Maybe I should have the Countess say the cage traps have to go.  Now that will be fun!  Keep a few ofcourse though for arena matchs. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....  ;D

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 10, 2008, 04:47:13 pm »

Glad you are enjoying the orcs.

Unfortunately, it seems that 80 is hard-coded in as the maximum number you can get with sieges. Maybe that will be different in the next version of DF. In the meantime, though, you can capture multiple sieges and accumulate more than 80 orcs that way, then release them all at the same time. Inside or outside your traps, your choice...
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 10, 2008, 04:59:05 pm »

I suspected that.  I'll probably keep the cage traps and have bunch of arena fights, going to make a band of hammerdwarves next for more excitment.  My current arena is going to be altered or something.  I would have to change all that work I put into that tub though, maybe I can just use the aquafier to fill the new arena, which will be below the aquafier in the stone so it could be smoothed and have mulitply levels.  Think think think.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 10, 2008, 05:29:39 pm »

17th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

I've had a revolation!!

Our new arena will be lifted in the skies with the gods themselves!  Great battles full of blood and death will please Armok!  We must have this!  We must!  We must!!

24th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

The liason left.

MY ARENA WILL BE MADE ABOVE THE TEMPLE TO SHOW US ALL!!!  TO SHOW US ALL!!!!!!

25th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

[OOC]  I found a cool thing about DF, willow trees like growing near ponds COOL!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 10, 2008, 10:39:50 pm »

Willows also grow around rivers, and brooks.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2008, 04:29:54 pm »

13th Timber, 207, Late-Autumn:

I took a stroll to look at the newly engraved noble tombs and I must say, they do look pretty.

Work has been slow on my floating arena, but I'm not worried.  I have other things in mind.  Our old arena will now become the "helping hand" we need to help our poor metalsmiths that get beat to death for not makeing pig iron items.  The plan is simple.

1) Put 14 hungry orcs in arena. *check*

2) Put Countess's and Count Consort's bedrooms in arena. (maybe the tax collector too, the hammerer and philospher are fine)

3) Pull lever.

4) $$$

22nd Timber, 207, Late-Timber:

The front of the surface is almost complete.

It's so smooth, the back must be like this too.  The temple will have a "gold" ring around it to show its purity.(?)

[OOC]  SteelAge tooook forever to make back when you made walls and floors single handly, thank you Toady!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2008, 05:00:49 pm »

Why bother with orcs?

No...

Phase one put orcs, and nobles in retractable floor room

Phase two ???

Phase three profit! $$$

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2008, 06:38:46 pm »

13th Moonstone, 207, Early-Winter:

Right before we were going to kill our countess we hear the yelling of a Human Diplomat to lower the bridge!

How dare they come in the winter without a cavarn when they skipped us in the summer, he better have something good to say.  Too bad he has to speak to our Countess, she should beg for him to take her, but she does not know however!  :D

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2008, 10:04:16 pm »

Awesome!

An update! ;D You should kill the human diplomat for the lulz, and than get sieged by humans!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2008, 07:07:34 am »

I don't have excess to a computer during the weekend so no updates on weekends.  It's funny how the human diplomat came in the winter, I sortof need him though to get pig iron and other items I coudn't get anywhere else, plus they bring LOTS of logs when I request them.  I could kill him though, they don't ever come and the more sieges the better!

Update later today.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2008, 03:42:16 pm »

15th Moonstone, 207, Early-Winter:

One section of the roof is done, three more to go.

We have had our bone carvers pumping out bone bolts like mad men so there is alot of archery practice going on.

20th Moonstone, 207, Early-Winter:

That Countess is getting me reallly mad and you don't want me reallly mad.  We locked her husband in the arena to watch him get teared limb from limb while she is too busy drinking instead of talking with the Human!

I won't be able to see it, but oh boy I'll hear it.

Count Consort: *snore*

PULL THE LEVER!!

Orcs: *KILL!* (they can't speak)

Count Consort: *snore*

Orcs: *Kill!!*

Count Consort: DEAD

[OOC] There will be movie!  Right here!

http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-984-orcsvssleepingcountcountwins

21st Moonstone, 207, Early-Winter:

We got ambushed by 2 crossbow goblins and an axe goblin....

I don't know what they were thinking, but there is about to be 3 dead goblins.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2008, 04:39:26 pm »

I was just readin the dwarffortresswiki on sieges and it says, " Later on you may be seeing 100 or more goblins show up in a single siege, all mounted, with 10 to 20 trolls."

Is that vertifed or what?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2008, 04:54:46 pm »

I was just readin the dwarffortresswiki on sieges and it says, " Later on you may be seeing 100 or more goblins show up in a single siege, all mounted, with 10 to 20 trolls."

Is that vertifed or what?

Of course it is, more things to kill equals more fun or horrible deaths, which is coincidentally much more fun.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40