Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 62974 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2008, 07:17:20 am »

That guard was killed when he ran over a weapon trap, got both his arms and one leg mangled.  He then ran back onto the weapon trap and got is head broken and his left arm sliced off.  Finally, he ran forward and again he got hit by the weapon trap and died.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2008, 10:53:44 am »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8th Malachite, 207, Mid-Summer:

We are going to start up a little "tournament" for our military.  Starting with 5 orc wrestlers, then maybe 10 then add in 5 spear orcs and so on as they progress in level.

Fighting them all at once is out of the question.

We did some work outside too, knowing that we won't get attacked until Autumn, which seems so far away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2008, 01:29:03 pm »

20th Malachite, 207, Mid-Summer:

Some of us think it's ok to take a break outside.  However, we should not be outside because of all the dangers!

Seriously, why do you think the Humans didn't come this year?  That's another thing, where are they?  I bet that orc siege murdered all of them.......why couldn't they have done it when the Humans got here? Pfft.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2008, 02:23:02 pm »

12th Galena, 207, Late-Summer:

Metalcrafter went bonkers today, in our noble's tombs I might add.

LATER.......

Great.  He shoved a metalsmith out of his workshop right before he was done with the other silver coffin.

He better finish what the other started, or better yet, make some pig iron so that my countess, count consort, and my Mayor are all freakin happy.  Come here already cavarns!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2008, 10:29:23 pm »

You had better hope he dosn't make a "Roastblock" the silver dildo! Not litteraly a dildo, you know what I mean.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2008, 04:51:29 pm »

19th Galena, 207, Late-Summer:

He made a stupid flute.

He showed me today, I shoved it down his throat.

1st Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

Let the games begin!!!!

MOVIE:  http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-971

As always, ENJOY@!!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2008, 06:05:26 pm »

the orcs were slaughtered. all marksdwarves FTW!
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2008, 06:21:15 pm »

9th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

Ha, I saw a toad today in the water tub.

The little arena match was entertaining, but definitely one-sided.  Now don't think I want my side to lose, but it needs more "challenge".  I'm thinking 12 orc wrestlers this time and no dogs!  That poor dog got hammerfisted in the head, not a pretty sight. 

Our fort is looking more and more as a mountainhome as I write, the outside is so smooth.

Yes, those are two chained kobold catchers on the left of the cage traps.  Those other two dogs just hang out at the trade depot, everyday.  Everyday, it helps double extra with our kobold catching.  I was told that their owner was killed in that 204 war we had that had only three surivors (military). 

Lastly, we have the now finished nobles room, that arn't happy with the size, but I gave them everything else.  You know what they do?  Demand nickel and pig iron!  There is no damn nickel or pig iron in this area!  I'm getting more and more impulses to tell them their bedrooms is now in our "arena".  I won't say that ofcourse, but one lever pull...

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:23:58 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2008, 06:39:24 pm »

10th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

Wow, the merchants got here really early this year.

Not even a day and they're here, my pleads were unheard though, or more exactly, ignored.

"Please, let me go with you!"

*Stares*

"Agh, fine! Atleast take our nobles!"

*One of the merchants starts laughing, another stops him with a cold glare*

I'm finding the merchants to be more and more bitter when they come, maybe the orcs are causing great stress to them?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2008, 06:55:31 pm »

12th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

This is interesting.

I don't remember the last time we got sieged when merchants were here, if I recall we stormed them off easily with their guards, there is no time for going back in my notes, I must make tally of the enemy.

LATER..........

They got 5 squads.  Presuming each has 16 orcs that's.....80.

We "should" be able to hold them off, especially with the help of the merchant guards, but I have a feeling those merchants arn't going to last.....they're infront of the cage traps, this is only going to end in blood.

[OOC]  Movie soon!  Unless it's too big a file I'll upload it, if it's too big you'll just have to download it, no big deal.  This is the 8th siege by the way, yes I'm counting.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:57:02 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2008, 07:19:48 pm »

13th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

The cavarn isn't fully in..

I'm going to carefully count each one now and their profession. (don't ask how I do it)

========================
1 Orc Axeman (leader of squad)
10 Orc Wrestlers
5 Orc Crossbowmen
========================
1 Orc Guard Maceman (actually wearing cloths or ermm....armor)
8 Orc Lashers
7 Orc Wrestlers
========================
1 Orc Mace Lord (local leader, legendary)
6 Orc Wrestlers
9 Orc Bowmen
========================
1 Orc Guard Bowman (wearing clothes)
8 Orc Wrestlers
7 Orc Hammermen
========================
1 Orc Guard Crossbowman (clothed)
7 Orc Wrestlers
8 Orc Spearmen
========================

TOTAL:

1 Orc Axeman
3 Orc Guards
1 Orc Mace Lord
38 Orc Wrestlers
5 Orc Crossbowmen
8 Orc Lashers
9 Orc Bowmen
7 Orc Hammermen
8 Orc Spearmen

Makes 80, good no miscalculations this time or whatever.

Also, the merchants made it to safty, haha, if you can call it that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2008, 07:41:50 pm »

18th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

I took a look outside after the battle, and I must say, I'm horrified.

I almost puked, alot did.  The guts....they're everywhere, those merchants I pleaded to are all dead, I think there's three (guards) left.  I......I......aaaaaaaaa.........ahhhhhhhhh........I need to lay down.

MOVIE!!!:   http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-972-80orcsiegeagain

« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 07:44:25 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 09, 2008, 03:14:21 pm »

21st Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

The merchants (six left) don't want to talk to Zon our Trader.

They just stand in the trade depot not knowing what to do.....they don't have enough people and horses left to carry all their goods back, but they cannot keep it here.  Trading will be useless also, because how are they to carry it?  This stuff is staying here, wether they want it to or not.

28th Limestone, 207, Early-Autumn:

Ah, haulers at work.  The sad part is that they're still taking forever to move 80 bodies!

Also, note the marksdwarf stationed at the depot, just in cause something goes wrong.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 09, 2008, 03:37:34 pm »

3rd Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

I took a walk into the refuse pile to take a look.

It's disgusting, I can't tell how many cats there was, I must not of been born right, because everybody else thinks I'm elfish, I'M NOT ELFISH.  I swear I hear them talk behind my back.  I just have a sensitive nose, that's all.

4th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

You won't believe this.  I told all the fisherdwarves that they can fish in the tank if they want and some did!

They keep pulling out all sorts of fish, maybe, I don't know how that's possible.  Do they live in aquafiers?

[OOC] Don't worry, I know why really.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 09, 2008, 04:43:10 pm »

5th Sandstone, 207, Mid-Autumn:

[OOC] What the hell!  One of my legendary miners is about to drown and I don't have enough time to save him, atleast it wasn't Rigoth.

LATER......

I was drinking some rum when Morel the Miner came up the stairs.  Everybody stopped talking and stared at him.  He was covered in water, completely soaked through. 

"Which one of you FREAKIN MINERS CHANNELED THE FLOOR I WAS ON!!!"

He was maaaaad.  I saw one of the miners, Vucar glance around nervously.

"WELL!?"

Dead silence, he saw Vucar's nervous glance and walked up to him.

"It was YOU WASN'T IT!"

"No!"

"You better not be lieing boy, or I will hunt you down and kill you for trying to KILL ME!"

He glanced back at the crowd that formed, then at me, I knew it was him.  Vucar started to speak.

"I saved you."

"HUH?"

"I saved you, I dug the stairs out"

"But, then you ran off?  YOU DID IT, YOUR GOING TO DIE NOW!"

By now the Mayor was in the crowd and stepped foward.

"Now kids, if we're going to survive here, we are going to have to get along"

He shows his steel battle axe off slightly.

"He tried to kill me!"

"No!  It was an accident, I didn't mean to, I ran out because you started to scream and then I realized I was the only one that could save you--"

"You little asshole!"

Morel was just about to leap on Vucar when Thob ran over and grapped Morel.

"Get ahold of yourself, if anything he saved you."

He raises his voice.

"Now if anyone is having an argument, you come to me, understand?"

Yes and yeahs were heard in the crowd.

"Alright now, back to work."

The crowd starts to disperse and Morel and Vucar walk away from each other.  Thob sighs. He says something under his breath.

"They don't know how well they got it."

[OOC]  Yah! Story time!

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:45:44 pm by ToonyMan »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40