Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40

Author Topic: DeathQuest: Tale of the Remnants  (Read 62968 times)

(name here)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DeathQuest: Tale of the Survivors
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2008, 12:11:04 am »

If it's a bow or blowgun then just give it to some snooty noble that has a weapon rack. The Legendary Bowyer is what we really want, masterful crossbows which never miss would be quite nice.

Crossbows only affect melee damage, you want masterful steel bolts.

The wiki says that you are wrong, crossbow QUALITY modifies effective marksdwarf skill. material type modifies melee damage only.
Only in Dwarf Fortress would you try to catch a mermaid to butcher her and make trophies out of her bones 

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2008, 01:11:37 am »

Marksdwarf skill, not bolt damage.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2008, 07:00:53 am »

Markdwarf skill is how accruate the bolt is, I think.  I'm not sure, but it seems like that.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2008, 10:38:12 am »

I'm pretty sure the accuracy was what I was talking about, I never said anything about damage, which is why I said:

"CROSSBOWS THAT NEVER MISS WOULD BE NICE KTHXBYE"
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2008, 03:20:05 pm »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7th Timber, 206, Late-Autumn:

I'm sorry, our records are really dated, we use to have a bowyer's workshop, I told one of our many boywers (we have 4!)  to contruct this workshop and what do you know?

Lengendary crossbows here I come!  I'm going to set this workshop so that only legendary people can create here.

First we have to see what this one makes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9th Timber, 206, Late-Autumn:

The alternate entrance is one deconstruction from being complete!

With this done, we should be able to cut wood safely with no harms or exposures, that is unless the woodcutter is ambushed, then he's screwed.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 02:46:37 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2008, 03:42:41 pm »

Updated my first page.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2008, 09:24:18 pm »

Updated my first page.

Looking back your fort was so tiny, and insignificant!

Now show us your dead list!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2008, 09:55:42 pm »

Here's is my deathlist, the rest is all goblins and orcs.

I think my ultimate downfall came from all those war dogs dieing which made people really unhappy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2008, 02:48:16 pm »

18th Timber, 206, Late-Autumn:

That bowyer is done, and well, it's a blow gun.  The art of the mountain is cool though.

Here's are more important bowyer.

Also I would like to report that our alt. entrance works good and should be safe from invasion.  I wonder though, can those trolls break bridges that are raised?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2008, 07:08:45 pm »

16th Moonstone, 206, Early-Winter:

Just when I thought we would be safe this winter.

Atleast it's the goblins this time, this is their second seige?  Right?

There is.....

Oh damn!  There's one squad in each corner of the map!

======================================================================================

SQUAD 1:

They came up from our south-west side.  That's where our alt entrance is, but there should be no problems.

8 Hammergoblins
7 Goblin Wrestlers
and....
1 Spear Goblin?  (the only reason he is blue is because he's a guard) [not legendary]

TOTAL: 16

======================================================================================

SQUAD 2:

This is the north-east squad, I have the most protection here, so I'm not worried.

5 AxeGoblins
10 Goblin Wrestlers
and.....
1 Goblin SwordsMaster

TOTAL: 16

SQUAD 3:

The north-west squad, this was the original squad we spotted when the sieged started.

6 Goblin Wrestlers
9 BowGoblin
and....
1 Goblin SwordMaster (again)

TOTAL: ................16, no surprise, why do I do this?

SQUAD 4:

The south-east squad, wouldn't want to be them, the wolfs halted their progress for a bit, but the goblins eventually got over it.

9 Wrestlers
7 GoblinAxeman

TOTAl: 16

By far the weakest and easiest of the groups, although we don't have to fight them! Hah!

We lowered all our drawbridges and sent all our dwarves inside to wait for them to be captured.  There is 64 goblins total, but that isn't scaring anybody now, is it?  If we can take 80 orcs we can take 64 goblins easy.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 07:10:21 pm by ToonyMan »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2008, 07:20:10 pm »

We lowered all our drawbridges and sent all our dwarves inside to wait for them to be captured.  There is 64 goblins total, but that isn't scaring anybody now, is it?  If we can take 80 orcs we can take 64 goblins easy.

Try giving them wings, and see if they fly over your walls.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2008, 08:03:17 pm »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2008, 09:22:04 am »

A lot of them got killed by the weapon traps as they fled the cage traps.  Awesome!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2008, 05:24:43 pm »

26th Moonstone, 206, Early-Winter:

This is why all my friends are mechanics.  It has only been ten days and the traps are all hooked back up!

The haulers helped move the caged goblins too.  You can't have a surviving fort without them!

We carved out more bedrooms for our aspected migrants in spring too.

25th Opal, 206, Mid-Winter:

We have just been building this month.

We extended our road a bit.  We add a roof over our catapults so that siege operators can still fire catapults when ordered inside.  We also now have 3 screwpump on machines that run great.  5 more to go I think. 

I'm sure we can't be sieged twice in one season, I never heard of it happening anyway.  We cut lots of trees down this month.  Atleast 50.

9th Obsidian, 206, Late-Winter:

An animal trainer gave birth to a girl today, yippe.  This births arn't exciting as they used to be...

The roof is almost finished, nothing much else.

Gah, I have no friends, they're all dead.  Nothing for me.

I barely know anyone, I have no time, the last time I had a friend I was bed-ridden.  They died.  My whole family is dead and my friends by the same people.  They're not even people, they're savages.  I HATE ORCS!!

LATER......

I found records of the 7 that started this fortress.

'ToonyMan' Sobirurdim, Miner
Nil Amsibrek, Miner
Thob Ingishadil, Woodcutter
Imush Lolokerith, Stoneworker
'Kyle' Dorensolon, Planter
Iteb Kedbim, Planter
Mestthos Thobardes, Trader

I'm going to search for them.

10th Obsidian, 206, Late-Winter:

I found all of them!  Be warned as it's very grim...

'ToonyMan' died from insanity, he was one of my friends.
Nil Amsibrek died from insanity, he was a friend slighty, he was ToonyMan's friend.
Thob Ingishadil is our current Mayor!  I never knew that, he is the most popular dwarf in our fort and I didn't know that!
Imush Lolokerith died from melancholy, I think I remember he was depressed.
'Kyle' died from melancholy, he was a master grower and would of been a great help to our fort.
Iteb Kedbim died from insanity, never knew him, never will.
Mestthos Thobardes died from insanity, with her husband they both went out running.

I'm not happy with what I found, I feel depressed.  Everybody that started this wonderful place died.  The only one left is Thob our Mayor\Captain of the Guard.  He must live, he must.  I don't care that he broke my arm, I know what he went through now.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:28:40 pm by ToonyMan »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2008, 06:51:59 pm »

26th Obsidian, 206, Late-Winter:

Right before spring rolled over a guard had a baby.

We're having alot of kids now.  Oh the joy..

1st Granite, 207, Early-Spring:

At last it is spring.

Our stats show great growth, are exported wealth had increased by 1000%!

What is making me nerved racked is the fact that we never got any nobles yet!  It's freaking the hell out of me.  Were they all murdered?  I thought I would feel over-joyed with no nobles, but it's.....not right.

EDIT:   Wow 7 years.....I just keep going.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40