Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DFG15 celebration  (Read 5019 times)

mitternacht

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFG15 celebration
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 06:22:17 pm »

Thanks. It does work (looks like i used version 15 the first time). Does it work for adventurer mode

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 06:37:44 pm »

Thanks. It does work (looks like i used version 15 the first time). Does it work for adventurer mode

No idea there, never played adventure mode.

Zeta

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane guy with a fox civilization
    • View Profile
    • Kitsune Zeta's Domain
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2008, 03:18:18 pm »

it should work about as well as a vanilla .40d installation (with the notable exception of a few modified raws, apparently - took me a while to convert a vanilla .40d installation to where it'll take the save data from this mod without also adding the graphics [long story behind it, short version being that the Dwarf Fortress Map Compressor for the DFMA doesn't like output from graphical mods]).

I'm not exactly "good" or "decent" or even "hey, this guy has a shred of hope" at adventure mode, but it seems to work. mostly. possibly.

now, Dwarf Fortress mode on the other hand, I'm getting much better at (slowly, mind you), and this mod works wonders with it.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2008, 09:42:21 am »

A question; assuming this doesn't already work with the Orc mod, how easy would it be for me to modify this pack so that I can have orcs use the same tiles as the goblins do currently? I wants me some orcs but not if they're going to be ASCII.

Zeta

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane guy with a fox civilization
    • View Profile
    • Kitsune Zeta's Domain
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2008, 05:45:48 pm »

you'd have to add the items to the raw\graphics\graphics_mayday.txt file (it's relatively simple from what I can gather from it - I haven't worked with it too much to be honest).

other than that, it should be relatively easy.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 01:14:49 am »

So yah, goto Z->Stone and enable them.
Does that work on an existing save, or will it only get picked up on a new gen?
And is there a link to it somewhere?  Searched for "stone control" here and didn't find anything that seemed related.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2008, 01:54:08 am »

I noticed the bundled version of Dwarf Manager does not show all the labors.  The one I noticed was missing is glassmaking.  Kinda important on this magma+sand map. ::)

The version number is the same as the standalone version I already had, wonder why they're different?   ???
Pages: 1 2 [3]