Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.  (Read 14666 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: The RPFG: We do not ask how many, but where.
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2008, 08:45:43 pm »

A Miasma demon!
I transform into something that can swim, and go underwater to escape it.

And it's good to see this's alive
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2008, 10:06:51 am »

How are things going Asheron?
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2008, 03:50:24 pm »

How are things going Asheron?
Remember when I said I hoped I didn't fail my math exams?
For some reason, I managed to get 82 % for that one. That one was a surprise. Hehe.

Anyway, the story unfolds!

Therick Sayms scratched his head.
"You say this circle's total surface does NOT equal 3.1413 multiplied by it's radius to the second?"
Therick was intrigued. Like almost every day, he had been performing some complex mathematics on the walls of the town hall. Normally, he either was chased away by guards or laughed at by bypassers. This day, however, something special in his drab life had happened; he had found a contemporary who actually understood what he had written down and who could even go as far as challenge it.
"Of course not. In any case, you would need to multiply the radius with the 3.1415, not 3.1413."
This contemporary was surprisingly young. He estimated her no older then 25, but she talked as a person with the wisdom of decennia.
"Ah yes, agreed. A minor mistake made by my old mind. But still, the results should still be almost the same!"
She ignored his defense and kept on reading his calculations.
"And your radius is all wrong. What did you use to calculate it?"
"Euclides." he grumbled.
She looked at him frowning.
"Euclides?"
"Yes, you just draw a triangle over here, with known lengths x and y, then continue to calculate..."
She shaked her head. Therick suddenly noticed something peculiar. Her hair was white, but not just any white. It had something pure, something shiny. Intrigueing.
"That doesn't make any sense!"
"Neither does the round earth theory does, but I don't complain about that."
"WHAT?"
The following minutes, Therick and the young woman debatted over the possible forms of earth. The debate was fierce, and a circle of people began to form around them. Therick and the woman launched arguments at eachother and repelled eachother's theories in a clash of rationality and intellect with so much vigor that the very air around them seemed to become charged with energy. After what seemed to be an eternity, the two decided to cease the argument. 
"Woman, you truelly intigue me. You speak with wisdom of many years. I shall agree that the earth is not shaped like a cube if..."
"If?..." she asked suspiciously.
"If you tell me your name."
"Oh. My name is Elien Brecken. I'm a scholar here at the Constantinople university."
"Ah. Mine is Therick Samys."
The circle of people around them began to break up when they noticed the arguement had ended.
"Pleased to meet you." he added.
Elien smiled.
The sound of shouts suddenly interrupted their conversation. Now that there was no circle of people anymore, there was nothing to hide the scribbled part of wall on which Therick had written all his mathematic theories of today. The guards had learned the hard way that if they letted Therick get away, they would have to clean the entire wall themselves. And if there was one thing hard to clean, then it was Therick's scribbles.
"GET HIM!"
Therick turned around. Different guardsmen came storming from their posts towards him. He had the feeling they were more angry and determined to catch him than normal.
Elien grinned.
"I see the guard don't like your 'art'."

What will Therick do?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 04:17:29 pm by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2008, 04:39:28 pm »

He may be old, but those legs have practice. Therick will run until he finds somewhere to hide and lay low. The tavern is usually a good choice.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2008, 09:04:24 am »

B      u       m      p
r       p       y      o
i                        s
n                       t
g

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2008, 09:40:06 am »

That... was one of the more original bumps I have seen.

But yes, I hope this lives to see a second turn. The town guard must be heckled!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2008, 08:18:02 pm »

I've got faith that it will do. Asheron has proved himself so far.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2008, 12:01:43 am »

I like how Asheron bumps his own topic instead of posting for me.
<_<
>_>
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2008, 08:58:33 pm »

Atleast I have a ( valid ) excuse. I've been stuffing myself with food for three days at a pre-christmas eve party, a christmas eve party and a post-christmas eve party.
Yes, we will find any opportunity to celebrate.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2008, 01:15:53 pm »

How goes the celebrations Asheron?

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2008, 11:59:36 am »

A thick, black fume rose from the merchant's guild.
Those who noticed it first, the merchants, did seemingly not care and moved along casually.
Those who did not pass here often and did not know this happened every few days would stop at the sight, notice to their surprise that nobody seemed to mind that the merchant's guild was burning and uncomfortably moved along. Others paniced, and a select few who felt that they had a responsibility would go as far as warning the militia. Those select few would then cause farspread panic, to the point where the entire district would be in chaos as everything flameable was carried away to safer places.
And the merchants would shake their head at the chaos.
Today however, there had been no panicing yet. Perhaps people began to get used to the sight. Perhaps they just were tired of getting laughed at by the merchants. In any case, nobody looked up when the doors of the merchant's guild opened and engulfed everything in front of it with more black fume.
Cado came out of the fumes, coughing, gasping for air. Damnit, this work couldn't be good for his health.
Not that he cared. His head felt a bit light, but his purses surely felt a little heavier each time he left the merchant's guild. After just a week, he had amassed enough money to go on for quite some time. He was certain he would be able to spend it all in quite a fast time though. He was an alchemist, after all.
There were two types of alchemists. The high and mighty, ridiculously rich alchemist who worked only for the other high and mighty, and the renegade alchemist, who had to take every opportunity they could get to earn some coin. Since he, unfortunately, belonged to the second group, he had been forced to do some more... doubtable work.
The merchant's guild had always been searching for more ways to earn more and more money with less and less effort. It had been a matter of time before they tried to incorporate alchemy in to their schemes.
The idea was simple. Take something like copper, let an alchemist tinker with it so that it looks and feels like gold, then sell it for the price of gold. The execution not. It had taken a lot of research to come up with anything that resembled a practical way to make "gold". Even now, only a portion of all the copper he transformed could pass for gold. However, the insane amounts of gold (  oh, the irony ) the merchants still made with this portion was enough to compensate for this loss. In the end, all was well, no? He was happy, the merchants were happy, the buyers of the "gold"... not so much probably.

... to be continued! :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:01:57 pm by Asheron »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2008, 05:43:29 pm »

<_<

Why am I so AWESOME?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2008, 06:33:47 pm »

Just wait till you run into Therick, he'll knock holes in every alchemical theorm you've got.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2008, 07:03:54 pm »

Just wait till you run into Therick, he'll knock holes in every alchemical theorm you've got.
Don't make me ignite you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2009, 09:59:48 pm »

I SEE YOU'RE ONLINE THAR ASHERON
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8