Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods IV  (Read 70239 times)

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods IV
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »

I am joining, making my race right now (almost done).

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 12:39:49 am »

I have never done this, but looks like something I can handle :)

The Race of the Zarzin

Deity
Zarakroft
Zarakroft is a physical being, born many years before any can remember. He embodies Death, war and famine. Often seen at the front lines of war, he sees his people as tools of war, but as with tools you must take care of them if they are to work properly. Fire(4), Death(4).

Morphology
The Zarzin are humanoid shape, about 1.8m tall. They are described to resemble oversized cockroaches, but have no wings and have a thick orange tinted exoskeleton. Being physically large, they can weigh up to several hundred kilograms, with some weighing over 500 Kilograms. They have large eyes but have no hearing. They rely on sacs of air in which they can sense vibrations, giving them sudo-hearing. They only wear full suits of armor at all times and are all well trained in the ways of war. They are canivores, but during battle they do not eat, sometimes for weeks at a time. They favor warm climates over cold climates, but can survive with special precautions. Life expectancy is very low due to constant wars, but is estimated to be at 60 years old. Zarzin are always seen in their Armor and one has never been seen except for Zarakroft himself, but he could not even be a Zarzin himself.

Culture & Society
They solely believe in the leadership of Zarakroft, and total domination. They look forward to war and are always ready for a battle. They never interfere with other Zarzin's but will go out of their way to supress another culture. They do not value nature and build massive resource eating cities with large forges, often in the center of the city. They view the world as something to use. They do not have any other religious goals.

The society is organized in militaristic branches, each controlled by a Warlord. The people always follow what the Warlord tells them to do and will gladly sacrifice themselves to save the supreme being. They do not value their own life, but only the life of their leaders. if a leader is to die, the next relative of the warlord takes place. If the entire family is wiped out, a Warlord from a different sector picks one by their own choosing. There has never been a recorded conflict between Zarzin, but if such a event were to occur immediate death would result.

The greater goal of the Zarzin are to dominate the planet in any way. They do not practice alliances or truces even if their own society is stressed to the breaking point. Religion has no moral value for the Zarzin, but The god of Zarakroft is considered a Sudo-Religion.

Technology
The Zarzin technology is incredably advanced, with Suits of armor made of metals that can withstand many arrow hits. Their Armor crafting and metalworking skills are rumored to be the best in the world, but few have survived an encounter to relay such information. They rely on their broadswords and pikes to kill the enemy, with special divisions using flash rifles, a mysterious device that mystifies the Zarzin themselves.

Weapons: BroadSwords, Pikes, Spears, Tryveln (swords with a heated razorsharp wire and a supporting bar, supposedly strong enough to sever arms inside armor)
Ranged: Flash Rifles (Fast firing but wildly inaccurate and not very powerful)
Armor: Full body plating, rumored to be attached directly to the Zarzin itself.
Ammo: Steel and metal balls.

Magic
The Zarzin have no magical ability and the Zarzin deny any possibility of magic. The only item in the Zarzin culture that resembles any type of magical abilities is the Tryveln with its super heated wire. In its hilt it has a Ruby red crystal that glows when the Tryveln is held.

Arrival in the world
Zarzin are believed to have arrived to this world with Zarakroft and defeated their enemies as they slowly migrated to the mountaneous region for its resources.

23% Growth
mountain:220/3 (favored/favored)
hill:88/2 (normal/normal)
plain:88/2 (normal/normal)
desert:22/2 (normal/normal)
forest:220/3 (favored/favored)
rainforest:22/1 (unfavored/unfavored)
river:+100/3 (xxx/favored)
water:88/1(normal/unfavored)
glacier:22/1 (unfavored/unfavored)
swamp:220/3 (favored/favored)
tundra:22/2 (unfavoured/normal)

Hero:
Krechin the Destroyer
Krechin the Destroyer is the secondary leader of the Zarzin. He is often seen in battle on the front lines, and charges in with a Tryveln in each hand. Standing at over 3.65m tall and weighing well over 700 kilograms, Krechin the Destroyer lives up to his name.

0    0    1    1    2     2    3
   0    5    0    5    0     5    0
   --------------------------------
00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |≈▲^▲⌂⌂⌂●●●●●●●●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣.♣♣.....≈≈≈≈
  |⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣.♣⌂⌂⌂.....≈≈
  |≈.≈..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂^⌂⌂.....≈
05|≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...┌≈
  |≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──────○▲▲⌂⌂..┌┘≈
  |≈≈≈≈...≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌┘.≈
  |≈≈┐..⌂⌂⌂≈|..≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲○───┘...
  |♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|♣♣|⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲X▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |♣♣○⌂▲○───┘...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |♣♣⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣.....≈..♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
  |.⌂⌂▲⌂.♣.....≈≈≈┐.Y♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈└─────○▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
15|⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂▲X▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂X▲⌂○──┘..
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠┌≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
  |≈⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠┌──○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |⌂⌂⌂~└┘~└─┘~~.|⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.....♣♣
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂.~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲○⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~┌──≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂♠~♠~~
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠└──○▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈
30|○───┘~~~~~~~♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈

Nation: Zarzin Empire
Cities:
M1xA (capital) X2Y16 (Volcano Mountain)
Inhabitants: 285
Population Cap: 1800

Hoping to balance out this race, here are some weaknesses of the Zarzin:
Zarzin are like armor plated marsh mellows, once you poke through the plating you can wreak havoc on the soft gooey insides
Piercing weapons are key against their armor (JOINTS).
They posses no magical ability.
Tryveln wires are prone to snapping.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:24:02 pm by krumlink »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 01:09:43 am »

krumlink, you start with only one city.
I too had to scratch one cit after istrian told me
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 02:28:57 am »

Question about your race krumlink, what weaknesses do they have?

From what I read, they seem to have none other than ranged combat, but they have major armor to counteract that. They have no religious uprising, no society unless the military counts and no politics which are obviously a weakness.

How is it possible to even reach them, and how can they even be defeated?

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 06:10:44 am »

@Akroma: No problem, just delete the nodes

@Zako: Piercing weapons get through their armor and wreak havok on the insides (they are bugs you know).

The Political structure is a militaristic dictatorship, and the religion is Zarakroft's biddings/orders.

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 06:13:46 am »

This culture is a complete contrast of Akroma, it should be exciting how it happens!

They like to settle in volcanic regions the best because it runs the massive war forges.

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2008, 06:15:07 am »

Where is the delete button!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:21:30 pm by krumlink »

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 07:34:38 am »

Krumlink two things.

1. If you look into my race you will see that your desired startpoint is very bad chosen cause you embark on my mountain peak.

edit: nevermind you can have it.

2. please use the modify option. This way the thread dont becomes so cluttered.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:19:10 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 08:39:27 am »

for a race ofsuch relatively fast growing warmonsters, a start pop of 560 might be a bit big, don't ya think ?
Especially in a society in which the military makes up more than 90% of the society
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 10:31:45 am »

Well... i was checking my email at long last again, and noticed a peculiar message. private message in bay12! And BotG! oo.
Well this kind of thing sparks old interests.

Anyway, Akkadians were a bit boring i guess, far too complicated they were... So if you dont mind, i might be interested in joining again as the old and mighty storm giants?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2008, 01:41:56 pm »

Yay, go with the giants , Nhip! :D
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 03:36:33 pm »

Game Type: Adventurer
Name: Danalof, The Wandering Sage

An aging mage from far off lands, Danalof is a great sage and mage renowned in many kingdoms. Having lived a long and adventurous life playing many different roles, from lowly scribe to courageous soldier, from king's advisor to masterful researcher, he felt that he finally deserved some peace and quiet to spend the rest of his (probably still long) life, comtemplating the deep secrets of magic and wandering the land in exploration. But he knew he couldn't do so in places such as were he resided, because of all the allies and ennemies that he had made and that would keep on pestering him, so he set off on a long trek to find some place peaceful. Little did he know he would end up anywhere BUT a peaceful place, right in the middle of the Battlefields of the Gods...

Danalof brings with him almost none of his amassed treasures and resourses, bringing along only a small backpack with the most basic of tools and research papers. He can rely on his experience to work with makeshift tools, and his great knowledge to conjure almost any spell he can cast from memory. Along with these material items, he is followed by his familiar, a small shapeshifting fire elemental (shapeshifting, in this case, means that it can change its shape but still remains made of fire, so not polymorphing) that surpresses the heat it generates when near its master and when it is commanded to by him.

Danalof comes from a nation were magic was an important subject of study, and he himself has done alot of research on it, and thus has a good understanding of what it consists of. (What follows is Istrian's magic system, slightly simplified and summarized) This magic is the bending of the natural flows of magic, present everywhere in the universe, by the will of the mage or the usage of some other means to achieve a magical spell (cast a spell). These flows are divided into 16 flows, themselves arranged into 4 schools:

School of Creation: Water, Life, Binding, Illusion
School of Change: Displacement, Temporal, Transmutation, Air
School of Balance: Nature, Earth, Divination, Mind
School of Destruction: Death, Light, Darkness, Fire

Danalof has trained himself well in all principles of magic, yet no one can master all these flows. I'll give how good he is in each flow, with 4 approximate levels of experience: Legendary, Master, High, Normal. Normal is what any mage that has studied the flow can achieve, so Normal in Fire would mean he could cast a normal fireball, but not rain fire or fry 10 people at ounce, and Normal in Time would allow him to slow down time for a minute or two, but not completely stop time for a day, etc... High is what a mage that has trained further in that flow could attain, Master what most mages can attain when (if) they master that flow, and Legendary is what few obtain even with extensive training.

Now for the levels, and some extra info about Danalof's experiences with some of the flows (Skill distibution: 2 Legendary, 3 Master, 5 High, 6 Normal):

-Transmutation: Legendary. Danalof is renowned through-out the realms as an incredible alchemist, having studied transmutation flows to such an extent as being to easily transmute lowly materials and objects into much more useful stuff. He had also ounce been known to use his alchemic skills in a great siege, transmuting a portion of the ennemy citie's walls into mud, air, and dust, allowing allied troops to enter the city.

-Binding: Legendary. Along with his alchemical skills, binding enchantments into objects is one of Danalof's greatest strengths. Rather than directly partaking in most combats, he prefers to supply his allies with magical means of assistance, wether by binding a healer mage's spells into potions for later use or preparing powerful wands and staffs for less experienced mages to use to cast powerful spells on the battlefields. He even developped some incredibly potent magical artifacts, yet decided to leave them behind so that none would want to follow him to get his hands on one of the artifacts.

-Illusion: Master. Danalof uses alot of illusion, both to remain incognito while wandering the land, and to trick his ennemies.

-Displacement: Master. Many time, wandering around can be bothersome when you are suddenly needed on the other side of the world, and troops can also benefit from some fast transportation.

-Light: Master. A talent left from his times as a battle mage, Danalof had practiced using the flow of light as a means of destruction, which is quite unusual amongst battle mages, as they normally favored fire or death or darkness flows.

-Life: High. Mages on the battlefield are not only supposed to atomize the opposition, but also help injured allies as well as keep themselves in fighting conditions no matter what wound they are delt.

-Air: High. Weather control and some more fighting capabilities never hurt anyone. Unless you were on the wrong team, of course.

-Time: High.

-Fire: High. Mostly to complement the Light flows he used in combat.

-Divination: High. Ounce he settled down from direct combat, Danalof started concentrating on divination flows to help him in his research, as well as in advising leaders and giving them an edge in conflicts, wether politically or combat-wise.

-Water, Nature, Earth, Mind, Death, Darkness: Normal. Danalof can still use these flows in many ways, although not to the extent of the other above flows.

Movement:
mountain:2
hill:3
plain:3
desert:1
forest:3
rainforest:2
river:2
water:2
glacier:2
swamp:1
tundra:2

Starting position: 30,8

0    0    1    1    2     2    3
   0    5    0    5    0     5    0
   --------------------------------
00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |≈▲^▲⌂⌂⌂●●●●●●●●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣.♣♣.....≈≈≈≈
  |⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣.♣⌂⌂⌂.....≈≈
  |≈.≈..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂^⌂⌂.....≈
05|≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...┌≈
  |≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──────○▲▲⌂⌂..┌┘≈
  |≈≈≈≈...≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌┘.≈
  |≈≈┐..⌂⌂⌂≈|..≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲○───┘..@
  |♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|♣♣|⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲X▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |♣♣○⌂▲○───┘...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |♣♣⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣.....≈..♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
  |.⌂⌂▲⌂.♣.....≈≈≈┐.Y♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈└─────○▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
15|⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂▲X▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂X▲⌂○──┘..
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠┌≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
  |≈⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠┌──○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |⌂⌂⌂~└┘~└─┘~~.|⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.....♣♣
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂.~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲○⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~┌──≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂♠~♠~~
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠└──○▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈
30|○───┘~~~~~~~♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 08:56:35 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2008, 07:18:01 pm »

Name: Kcirph
Species: Meadow jumping mouse
starting position: 30,8 (pontifically right in front were Danalof will stumble upon me)

Randomly archived sentience due to magical flow saturation, and whit no kin is very lonly and lives like an involuntary hermit, has never met another sentient being but due to the magic that gave him sapience he knows how to talk.
Except for being sapient, and quite a bit above average human intelligence, he is a quite ordinary individual of his species. Mentally he is very flexible and will learn and adapt fast, and probably show talent for most anything he learns. I assume magic power is not tied to the physical size of the body...

(guess I have to talk IRC to polifar for first turn)

Edit:
Movement:

mountain:1
hill:3
plain:3
desert:1
forest:3
rainforest:2
river:3
water:2
glacier:1
swamp:2
tundra:2
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:25:14 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 08:38:09 pm »

I'm actually sorely tempted to bring back the Valtans and reprise my role as Imp, but I think I'll hold off on that for awhile...
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 09:51:44 pm »

Name: Kcirph
Species: Meadow jumping mouse
Armok the god of blood,is manifesting himself as a mouse in a forum game...
How humbling.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35