Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods IV  (Read 70237 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods IV
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2008, 10:10:39 pm »

Am I supposed to reserve a place to?

if so, this is it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2008, 02:12:41 am »

Reserved, must-a write my race.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2008, 03:58:38 am »

((Those who haven't been approved for play do not need to reserve posts : they will begin play at whatever turn they are approved.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2008, 04:41:35 am »

Bah, I can't think of a decent race to make so I'll stick with what I know is good: Seafaring Half-Giants!

My Race:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Culture & Society:

Religion:

Magic:

Combat:

Champion: Erak, Chieftain of the Hrun

Description and phycology:

The origins of "FoeReaver":

Is this ok?

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2008, 05:19:04 am »

All the battle of the gods have been great to read so far but I am not so good at getting my head around all the rules so I may just have to stick with an adventurer for now (If there is anything wrong at all just tell me and I will change it with no fuss)

Game Type: Adventurer
Name: Skeris Moonarch
Race:Half Elf Half Human (yay for genericness)
Description/backround ect: The world is a fast changing place, and for many the constant waves of battle destruction and death are a blight...However the Bard Skeris does not see things this way, as a composer of ballads and a wandering fighter himself he sees war as a time for Gods and legends and the heroes that follow them to arrive and many great battles take place, all so that he can earn his share of coin.

A young relatively attractive(all bards are really) half-elf Skeris's interest in his line of work stemned from his father being a great hero himself and Skeris idolized him throughout his childhood. Upon leaving home Skelis was picked up by a wandering troup'e of musicians where he picked up most of his skills. However the world is a dangerous place and having to often fight for his survival the young half-elf learned the spear and a thing or two about throwing knives. It was the combination of these two skills and large senses of justice and wanderlust which persuaded Skeris to begin wandering the land, to follow heroe's and perhaps one day become one.

Skeris begins in the forests located at (7,17) with his small campsite equipt with light elven leather armour a spear and short sword with a cloak filled with throwing knives and of course his trademark flute of his own design. He sit's idly wondering when and where to head to next.

movement

mountain:1
hill:3
plain:3
desert:2
forest:3
rainforest:2
river:2
water:2
glacier:1
swamp:2
tundra:2

« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 05:25:28 am by Flintus10 »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 05:50:00 am »

((Zako, you should read the new rules about movement and pop-cap instead of just copying your old race.))

It was the very first hour of the new year. More than 100 years have passed since the last time a light was glowing in the realm of Tenrai Minzoku. It was THE light. The light of the legends, the divine signal which had been foretold.

The dark area, had ended.

The age of hiding, was finished.

Not a single moment of doubt or confusion hit the Hitengu. They saw the sign, and not a single word was needed. They went home, and turned on their lamps, hundreds of them.
A bright flare, to welcome the return of the age of light.

Only a few days later, small groups of scouts, 10 persons each, left the city of Teiichi. The time of isolation had ended, and it was their duty to find who had passed and who had come in the 100 years that went by.

0    0    1    1    2     2    3
   0    5    0    5    0     5    0
   --------------------------------
00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |≈▲^▲⌂⌂⌂●●●●●●●●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣.♣♣.....≈≈≈≈
  |⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣.♣⌂⌂⌂.....≈≈
  |≈.≈..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂^⌂⌂.....≈
05|≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...┌≈
  |≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──────○▲▲⌂⌂..┌┘≈
  |≈≈≈≈...≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌┘.≈
  |≈≈┐..⌂⌂⌂≈|..≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲○───┘...
  |♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈...♣♣E⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|♣♣|⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣|...≈...y♣⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |♣♣○⌂▲○───┘...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |♣♣⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣.....≈..♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
  |.⌂⌂▲⌂.♣.....≈≈≈┐.Y♣♣y⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈└─────○▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
15|⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂▲X▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈..y....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂^▲⌂○──┘..
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠┌≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
  |≈⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠┌──○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |⌂⌂⌂~└┘~└─┘~~.|⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂O.....♣♣
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂.~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲○⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~┌──≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂♠~♠~~
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠└──○▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈
30|○───┘~~~~~~~♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈

Cities:
Teiichi, the capital X18Y10
Inhabitants: 556
Pop-cap:1920

in groups:
30 scouts, position is on the map. Bear gifts.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:09:50 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 05:59:16 am »

I suppose out of politeness I will reserve my next turn (even though I am an adventurer) so after Akroma

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 06:06:43 am »

Will update popcap/movement tomorrow.

Year 12 grad parade tomorrow morning! Yay!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
BotG IV - Turn 1
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 02:32:51 pm »

Spoiler: Turn I - Early Dawn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unexpected Meeting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Map (click to show/hide)

((Armok, please add any RP you want between Danalof and Kcirph in your turn))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 02:40:14 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 07:19:01 pm »

((If someone wants to know more of my char: http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/information/Zapus_hudsonius.html ))
((Polifar, does that mean I simply get to imply Danalofs actions more or less freely within what you have stated? Because I want LOTS more detail to this.  (if you haven't responded whiting an hour I'll assume the answer is yes) ))

-reserved for RP meting whit Danalof-
Edit: time's out, writing...
Edit2: The Turn!

###############################################################

Turn 1: First Encounter

A long tail, trailing through the dead leaves revealed by the melting snow as the ones for next year were just budding on the trees.
The mouse was out early for its species, usually it would be asleep by this time of the year, but last year has been meagre and it hadn’t been able to build up proper fat reserves, so it was forced to wake up as to not die of starvation.
It sat down and cleaned its whiskers, but soon scurried of again in search for food.

A noise of a snapping branch, some large animal was on the move, It quickly hid in a patch of high grasses.

The being was strange, like a walking tower 20 tails high, covered in something that was not fur not feathers nor scales, it seemed to be bipedal and the forelimbs grasped strange objects, it was terrifying.
The mouse stared in awe.
Those objects… that covering somehow seemed not quite part of it… all in all, it seemed… Could it be… he wasn’t alone? There was something else that thought the way he did?

The creature moved on, but he was compelled to follow, after all food was just as likely to lie in that direction.
And so he followed it, for hours, and then for days, he knew it was insane, to leave home and all he knew behind, risking life and limb, but if there was a possibility…

And he became more and more convinced it was, this being was intelligent, it formed it’s environment to it’s will, created shelter and even fire each night, and it ate strange food it carried in a bag.

Those foods smelled very good, and one night he snuck up to the bag and entered it, a reckless move, but his curiosity was more powerful than his survival instinct.
((The hallmark of a mad scientist! :p))
And they were as superb as they smelled, the best he had ever eaten, and huge amounts in a single place,  and he was soon stuffed, and fell asleep.

He awoke by the entire world suddenly tilting 90 degrees.

Frozen in panic, he remembered last night, and cursed his own stupidity, in terror he saw the hand recing down towards him… and grab some food to the side, not noticing him, he was safe for now.

The wizard took out the cheese, and noticed a large part of it was gnawed of, he was not amused, just as he looked back to grab something else he saw a small Meadow jumping mouse exit it and make for some bushes, he quickly lashed out and pined it to the ground by the tail.

CAUGHT!

“P-please d-don’t kill me…”
How did he know to make those strange sounds? And the meaning, he felt it was somehow related to the way he thought, but considering the situation did not think much about it. It did seem to bewilder the creature and make him hesitate however, so he tried again.
“I’ll n-not make good eating, p-please let me go?”
The huge creature did not let him go, but it seemed very puzzled, after several long terrifying seconds it spoke:
“I will not kill you, little one, but I am most intrigued, were did you learn to talk the tongue of men?”
He tried to figure it out, but he didn’t know really, he considered making a long explanation for the way he thought, but it’d just be silly.
“I-I don’t know.”
“Very well, little one, I am Dandalof, The Wandering Sage, and you are free to travel whit me and maybe we will find out, you will make a most interesting object of study, and perhaps a good pupil as well.”
The mouse couldn’t believe its ears, it had one insane and was hallucinating, that was the only explanation.
He sat down and cleaned his whiskers.
After a few trembling seconds he gathered enough courage to answer:

“It would be an honour, great sage.”

And that is how it all began…

((will hopefully be continued this turn if time there is for that, but likely not today unless Polifar spontaneously shows up on the chat.))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:10:33 pm by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2008, 09:40:19 pm »

Ok, for the Hrun, the popcap/movement table is this:

mountain:60/2 (normal/normal)
hill:60/2 (normal/normal)
plain:150/3 (favored/favored)
desert:15/1 (unfavored/unfavored)
forest:60/2 (favored/normal)
rainforest:15/2 (unfavored/normal)
river:+100/3 (xxx/favored)
water:150/3 (favored/favored)
glacier:60/2 (normal/normal)
swamp:15/1 (unfavored/unfavored)
tundra:60/2 (normal/normal)

Istrian sent me this so it should be all good. I'll jump in on turn 2.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 01:34:18 am »

((Can I jump in this turn, or the next?))

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 04:08:49 am »

Memorys of Briar:

An group of 20 moves to intercept the Hitengu at X17:Y10 (?)

Pop   Popcap
Echogroth: 220   1440 (9X160)

OOC: Istrian please make an nice example how the popcaps and growths are calculated. I am not sure if i got it right nore am i sure if my numbers are right.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:15:11 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 04:13:48 am »

Its a map!

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Devath/BotG4Map2.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/Devath/BotG4Map.jpg

Woo!
Woo!

((Which looks better?))

EDIT: These links no longer work due to a formatting decision. Check page 6 for the new links.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 03:31:23 am by Devath »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 04:37:38 am »

((Anyone who is in the approved list of players (see my first post for the full list) can jump in whenever they want.

@Heph : Your calculation is right. new_population = old_population * (100% + growth)

PS : Turn change is tonight.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:38:01 am by Istrian »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35