Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods IV  (Read 70269 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods IV
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2008, 09:44:02 am »

I will retain command over my troops as the elves seem preoccupied with themselves at the moment. I will NOT take command of elven forces unless needed to do so.

Turn here tommorow.

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2008, 01:06:15 pm »

For you convenience, I have created a picture (in paint) of some Erithreans.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The dude on the left is a civilian. The dude on the right is a soldier.

The weird lines on their heads aren't their eyes: just weird squiggly lines.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BotG IV - Turn 12
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2008, 02:35:22 pm »

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Nhiphanter

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2008, 07:12:28 am »

Turn 10.

((missed turns, just pops in this one.))

Hrafngard: 32
Björnholm keep: 8

Turn 11.

The battle of flamewood

Eiríkr was one of the first to hear the sounds of battle beginning at night, as some of the giants were asleep but most were still telling stories around campfires.
He stood up, girded his belt and scabbard of his sword on him, and donned his mask. Hrafn was sure to call forth his elite guard in anymoment now. He hefted his two-handed sword on his hand and smiled faintly. For one month now only one sentence had been on the giants lips, "Why are we NOT KILLING YET?!".
Who would have guessed the fight would come to them, and not them coming to the fight.
Around the camp, the other giants were waking up for the fight, grabbing their weapons and donning their armors on them. They had been yerning too long for a fight bynow to be surprised by a simple night attack.
He could see in a distance flying figures shooting arrows at some giants, only to get barraged by a heavy crossbow fire from the giants, he counted 12 of the things dropping down. After the barrages had been switched, 40 of the flying elves charged towards a group of the giants.
Eiríkr didnt stay to watch, but made haste towards the battle. If there was a battle, surely he was allowed to take part in it.
When he arrived the part of the camp the short handtohand had taken place, he could count 26 elves and their flying beasts killed on the ground, along with 12 giants killed. The rest of the giants had already charged downwards to the battle.
There was the loud *TWANG* of the crossbows heard and he saw 8 more of the things drop down.
Just as Eiríkr was about to join the others, he saw a battalion of wolf riding elves charging upwards, accompanied by a huge fox of light, seemingly burning with heat and nearly blinding the giants.
No creature could stand before the giants! They charged downwards to meet the enemy at a more favorable position, afterall, who could stand before a charge of giant warriors?!
The elven wolf cavalry were stumbling into the spike pits as the giants charged, taken into the battle when the most heat from their own charge had died down.

Eiríkr slashed down at one of the elves, cleanly cutting the pitiful thing in half. The blood was everywhere, but by now Eiríkr was past caring. The adrenaline of the battle was flowing in his veins as he turned to meet his next foe, actually a group of them. They were taking down a tumbled giant, burying their lances into his naked neck.
He pointed his plated fist at them and struck a menacing pose.
"You there! Noone takes down my men without regretting the consecuences!"
"Aye?"
Eiríkr lifted his sword and charged towards the elves, who tried to scatter so as to not be trampled under the giants feet. One of them was too late, and failed to harry his wolf into movement before the foot of the giant kicked him away with a sickening crunch.
Eiríkr turned towards the rest, but was cut short when the great fox of light jumped into his way and snarled at him.
He gave back his own snarl and threw himself back, putting every inch of his strength beneath this blow which would sever the head of the damn thing.
*fwoop!*... and it went straight through. The fiery fox was as if nothing had happened, and jumped towards Eiríkr, clamping its jaws on his body.
Another surprise... "You bite like a puppy, egomaniac" He showed the huge, not-so-fearsome-anymore, away and took a look. Most of the battlers had scattered from around him as the fox had jumped in, and he was standing alone on a small pile of corpses.
At that very moment, Eiríkr felt like sitting on a fire, as torrents of fire blew from behind him, making him turn around. The fox, before so tame looking, had become a lot more mean looking. He could feel the heat emanating from the thing, and quickly backed away as to not being cooked inside his own armor.
Eiríkr turned his back and ran, for there was no great purpose on throwing away his life on this thing. He could finally see Hrafn, charging down from the camp atop his great hound, fenrir. The wolfs jaws were ripping elves apart even as it ran towards the fox, obviously in the intent to kill the thing.
Eiríkr let out a small cheer and turned away to fight on, but could only note that the now heavily dimished elven riders and fliers were retreating from the battle, and so were giants. He ran to the rest and hit the first on shoulder.
"Wher you going men?! There's still a battle to be won!"
The other giant, a heavily wounded regular, gave a hollow smile on him.
"There aint much of us left, and down there, there's lot more of those goddamn bastard elves. Go there if you so much want to throw your life away"
Eiríkr grunted and had to admit that the situation was turning rather dire for the giants. The best they could hope for would be to take as much as possible elves with them to hell. The best choice would be to retreat. He could see a lightly armed battalion of elves trying to flank them, and shouted out a warning. The others took note and soon the retreat was on.
Hrafn rode past him, leaving a trail of blood behind him. It was then that he noticed that the incessant light of the fox was gone, and the only thing litting their surroundings was the torches some of the giants carried.
Others were noticing this too, and somewhere someone began cheering. Soon others took up the cheer and the atmosphere was as if they had won the battle.
"HRAFN!! HRAFN!! HRAFN!!"
It was not like Hrafn was going to lose his reputation anytime soon...

The battle statistics for those who want

pops
((The survivors are added into pops, 20 to Hrafngard and 15 to Björnholm))
Hrafngard: 56
Björnholm keep: 25

map

Turn 12

summary:
-The giants are holing up in their towns for the winter.

pops

Hrafngard: 61
Björnholm keep: 27
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 09:56:19 am by Nhiphanter »

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2008, 01:11:33 pm »

((C'mon, Kashyyk, if you're gonna attack, do it already. I am bored.))

Summary:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 01:21:23 pm by Dwarfaholic »

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2008, 03:53:03 pm »

((@Zako : Be careful. Your latest settlement overlaps with Akroma's new capital.

@everyone : Heph's civ is now officially NPCs. Since no players want to take over and I don't feel like having a single player play as two civs, they'll be GM-controlled until claimed or destroyed.))

Turn 13
Year 1, First Month of Winter

Winter finally falls, covering the northern part of the continent with a heavy blanket of snow. Snowstorms are not infrequent in the mountains, and even areas around volcanoes feel cold, very cold.

0    0    1    1    2    2    3
   0    5    0    5    0    5    0
   --------------------------------
00|●●●●●█████●
  |^●●●●●●●●
  |....^.....
05|..CC...
  |ee..
  |..n..eEc..
  |..|........
  |.|.|.....eEe.....
10|||......^....
  |..nY.eeyek.
  |N........M.
  |........Yy...
  |..Y...
15|.........
  |^V.....Vk.
  |......=K..
  |M...==ko....
  |n|=
20|n||#oo.
  |n|..
  |~~~~.|MoO....o
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~oo~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~|o~~~~~
  |~~~~|R~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~|~~~
  |~|~~~~~
30|~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 04:05:06 pm by Istrian »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2008, 10:19:52 pm »

Last turn ((I'm sorry, I got distracted!)):

City status:

Teh map!!:

This turn:

Army RP and action (allowed by Akroma):

Lindos:

Sumbulk:

Erak:

City status:

The map:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:42:05 pm by Zako »

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2008, 11:47:56 pm »

Map:

The Happenings:

35 Katytans
3 Exploring
2 Hunting
30 Working/Training/Planning

The Big Barracks Plan:

The Underkats:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 01:08:24 am by Navian »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2008, 04:44:42 am »

"And this is why I, Kazoku of Teiichi, propose that Tenrai Minzoku should arm itself for a war that is definite to come to us."

There was an uproar inside the parliament that almost threathened to turn this brand new building into rubble. The Hitengu going to war ? Teaching their own people how to kill ? Unthinkable. Stories of giants slaying divine incarnations of Tomoshibi, wild tales of a force to unbelievable to be true, reports the elves were going to "lose no matter what".

"Maybe she has a point..."

"NONSENSE! Not even a giant of 100 meters hight would be able to defeat an incarnation of Tomoshibi. It's like defeating life itself!"

"If we would build an army, how would we fill it? No Hitengu with his mind right would volunteer on such a task. Can't we just ask our neighbours for help ?"

"Fool. Our neighbours are already helping. And they are lsoing !"

"And if they are losing, how can we hope to win ?"

"This is an outrage. Something like this has happened before, and the results were disasterous! We can not go into hiding, not again."

"And this is why we need an army. If we can get rid of the killers, the balance will recuperate. If we just step down and let the giants kill us, wouldn't that be helping them to murder ?"

"What difference does it make anyway ? We have not a single person in Tenrai Minzoku who still keeps the knowledge on how to fight. All documents on that were burned on order of the 15th Hinyuudou."

As this point was voiced, the ocean of voices subsided. He had a point. Even if they were willing, the Hitengu were a folk that simply was not made for fighting. There was no way around it.

It was then, that Ryou raised his voice. Resting his feet on the table, he spoke:

"That is so, not quite correct."

The parlamentarian next to him angrily replied: "Oh shut up, half-son. We all know your so much praised ancestors were "great warriors worth of legend" and I am sure you have the one or the other blade inherited that is now dusting somewhere in your basement, but that is not going to win us a war, will it ?"
With a quick move, Ryou sprang from his chair unto the table of his neighbour. A blade of light had appeared in his hands and missed the throat of the parliamentarian only slightly, cutting clean through the back of his chair.
As if called, the doors opened, and several figures entered the room. Kenta, who had been writing the sessions protocol, Ryou and Kazoku joined them.
Among the figures were Kouta, the big mason who had been housing Danalof, Saki and Yoshiro, the two who were accompanying the meeting with the Katyans in Kawareidou, Hayato, a short man with a thick beard and lastly, Uchiwakamaru, now with pants that had finaly been mended.

The parliamentarian who had recovered from the shock shout out angrily.

"What is the meaning of this?! You are turning this house into a circus! Explain this immediatly."

Ryou opened his mouth wide, as if to say something, but Uchiwaka stole his words.

" "This" is what will save Tenrai Minzoku in his fight for justice. We are the Buhachi. The ones who keep this house together when the ones inside are shaking so strongly in fear that it might collapse. 100 years ago, when the 15th ordered the destruction of all knowledge of war, it was me who kept it alive and cultivated it secretly. I couldn't stand the desrcution of all this wisdom. Not again. And now, that this knowledge is needed, the spirits of the sun the earth and the ocean combine again. They order me to defeat evil, and save the damsel in distress that can't even keep the chair intact that she is sitting on."

"100 years ago? Again? What the hell are you lunatic talking ab.."

Before he could finish the sentence, Uchiwaka bobbed his head with his flute.

"Silence. We have come to save you, have a little respect towards your elders."

Another parliamentarian raised his voice.

"It doesn't matter that we have this weird Buha-whatever group. Just that we have maniacs like you doesn't mean we have to unleash you into the public to spread your poison!"

Only a few seconds later, the parliament was again nothing but a sea of voices. What silent it this time, was Ranpu, who had lifted from her chair, and was now approaching the Buhachi.

"If it is to save Tenrai Minzoku, and to defend the balance it inhabits, then please, by all means, save us. Teach me."

-----------------------------

Messenges are send to all hitengu cities, calling volunteers to Kawareidou. Migurabara is too small and not ready yet to spare someone, but 200 from Teiichi leave, willing to serve the cause.

The glass production has reached new heights, as "nasty little suprises" (of doom) are mass produced.
The consruction of defence structures begin in all cities.

To be able to feed a growing population and properly supply the army, the city of Kawareidou expands northwards, building the farming outpost of Tapufuku, which will soon be connected with roads to feed Kawareidou.
------------------------------------
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 02:59:54 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2008, 05:14:35 am »

Turn 12 - Gaz's Empire

Spoiler: The Black Tower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chaos Citadel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Groups (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Cities:
Spoiler: Capital - Black Tower (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chaos Citadel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Various Equations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:15:55 pm by Kashyyk »

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 14, 2008, 03:41:28 pm »

My Civ:

Spoiler: Susotu (click to show/hide)
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2008, 09:03:23 pm »

Maps complete for turns 1-13. Links below.

Spoiler: Irrelevant Talk (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 09:30:02 pm by Devath »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup." - Unknown

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2008, 09:31:54 pm »

Nice maps Devath! Quite cool how you can see how the civs spread out...

Devath

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Insane Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2008, 09:57:13 pm »

Thanks, Zako. Hope everyone else likes them too.

Also, Ist, the map has changed over time. If this is intentional, tell me. If not, the original layout is here:
Spoiler: Player-less Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errors Spotted (click to show/hide)
I'll keep looking for more. I'd also advise you keep a hard copy of an original, color or not color, to cross reference after a turn, checking the spots that had to be replaced after a move.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:12:45 pm by Devath »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 15, 2008, 08:44:03 am »

Turn 13 summary: The First Gate is completed, and Danalof prepares to leave for another Hitengu city (next turn).
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:16:01 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 35