Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods IV  (Read 70266 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods IV
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2008, 01:51:23 pm »

((This month, the only important event is the Hitakai. Thus, it shall be the only thing mentioned.))

Hitakai Semi-Final, on the Island Arena, in Teichi (Refer to Istrian's post for quarter-final and Akorma's post below for the final)

Danalof wipes his brow. It had been some time since he had fought in a magical battle, and had forgotten how tiring they could be. Besides, he wasn't exactly in his best years. After helping Kouta of the island, he returned and awaited his next oponent.

A thin sunglasses-wearing Hitengu stepped on the island. Kenta. If Danalof didn't know any better, he might have thought the battle against this person would be an easy win. But he remembered seeing him with Uchiwakamaru's group, which meant that he was probably a strong light-magic user, as was Kouta. Never underestimate an oponent.

As soon as the Watcher declared the match started, Danalof summoned a protective barrier of light between himself and his oponent. He didn't know what tactic Kenta would use, so he wasn't taking any chances.

Kenta raises his orb, and from it start emanating random disco-like lights. Danalof wasn't impressed, and quite easily dispelled these meager distractions before they could confuse or blind him. But Kenta didn't seem phased, and continued moving around Danalof making weird gestures, ending his weird pattern of gestures with a twitch of a finger.

"... ... ... Damn!" Thought Danalof, as the situation slowly rose to him. He could feel small transaprent dots smelling of light magic dispersed on the ground, which had been placed there without him noticing. Kenta was obviously setting a trap, and Danalof was right in the middle of it! But the sage doubted that Kenta had accounted for the possiblity of his opponent getting of the island before the trap sprung. In a fast movement, Danalof tipped over his light barrier and jumped onto it, effectively using it as a flying carpet of pure light energy to fly above Kenta's head and stop about 8m above the water's surface, just next to the island arena. As he did so, one of the small dots shot a beam of light towards him, but luckily only hit the underside of the flying carpet/barrier of light.

Kenta didn't let his surprise and dissapointment at this turn of events paralize him for long. After a few more gestures, all the placed dots started shooting towards Danalof. It was like a rain of light, machine gun fire of laser beams. There were 10 dots in total, all shooting burst after burst at Danalof. But that didn't slow the mage. Expertly maneuvering his flying carpet, he managed to slip through the curtain of fired shots barely being grazed by one or two shots.

And as if flying through a hail of light-speed bullets of light wasn't enough, Danalof managed to redirect the flows of magic in two of the dots to severe their connection with Kenta, thus leaving only 8 dots at his disposal.

At this point, the two oponents decided that a rain of machine gun shots and flying carpets weren't extreme enough. Kenta swirled all the 8 dots under his control off the ground and formed a circlet with them. Danalof joined his hands and summoned basic elemtental sentience into a sphere. Then, at the same instant, both combatants attacked with their most powerful attacks. Danalof hurled a seeking elemtental light-bomb at the same time Kenta's circlet shot a single huge beam.

In two simultaneous blasts of light, both were hit square-on, but as the judges had not yet decided that the match was over, probably because they were awstruck by the epicness, the battle raged on. This time, Kenta didn't miss a beat and seperated the circlet into three parts, each shooting a medium beam, and knowing that Danalof had almost no chance to dodge all three of them. Danalof, knowing that if even one beam hit him, the Watcher would most likely end this match, stood firm on his light-carpet until an instant before the light beams hit him. At that point, he simply dissipated his light carpet, and fell towards the water with the light beams zapping a mere inches above him. To annoy Kenta even more, Danalof spun in mid air and hurled another seeking ball at his opponent.

Sadly, this epic dodge wasn't mimicked by his fall. Instead of an epic dive the audience had probably hoped for, Danalof hit the water face-first, in such an awkward way that even the Watcher had to chuckle among the aundience's roars of laughter. Even worse, the hurled ball missed its mark. What did Danalof expect, trying to hit a target 20m away while falling through air?

Now, was Danalof's time to truly shine. After having mocked his oponents every attack in spectacular ways (his epically failed dive not counting :P) Danalof did what any sane person would do if he had magical powers of light and was in water: He created a surfboard. Made of pure light.

But Kenta was not going to let the old man get away like that so easily. He reconnected the dots, and formed a blade of light above the water's surface, right in Danalof's way.

But that didn't stop Danalof. Oh no, it didn't. The Gods of the Coast must have been smiling at the sage that day, or maybe he was just so hard-core that surf came naturally to him. The old man LEPT over the blade, did an epic 360 backflip and landed perfectly on a huge wave, then riding the wave, waved to the cheering crowd. The Watcher was already saying, "I think, dear judges, the winner of this contest is Danalof", even before Kenta was officially beaten. But that didn't matter, as Danalof's seeking ball of light that had missed a few moments ago came turning back and blew right into Kenta's back. How's THAT for an epic win!

And thus, Danalof became the first foreigner to ever reach such a high rank in the Hitengu's contest, now officially qualified for the finals. All that was left, was to confront Uchiwakamaru himself. Danalof knew he didn't have much chance of beating the Hitengu's general, but he didn't care. He was GOD of the BEACH now, MASTER of the WAVES. He felt young again, and as he had done so many times in his youth, was about to throw his best and try to humilitate his opponent as much as possible.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:54:20 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2008, 02:23:12 pm »

((This fight is part 3 of 3. For part 1, see Istrians post. For part 2, poltifars))

As the watcher was about to start the last match, no one wass to be seen. The crowd wass already getting impatient, as the sound of a flute was heard.

On top of the highest tree, Uchiwakamaru is standing. As additonal battle attire, he was wearing a helmet...or rather an old iron mask, which depicted a demon face, sitting in his head like a normal hat would. Attacjed to it was a light pink cape, which covered his hair.

The voices of the sky and the earth and the sea entwine and call for help, as the honor of the Hitengu is sullied by your unrighteous victory over our best men!
It is I, the gift of god to man, who has come forth to repel the forces of evil."

Danalof couldn't help himself but chuckle lightly.

Uchiwakamaru jumped down from the tree, and shortly before hitting the water, he slowed down and landed on it. Instead of falling down and sinking, he just stood on it, circular waves expanding from him. Danalof was not entirely sure what to think of it, it was a mystery.

"Now then, let us dance"
In a exxagerated motion, Uchiwaka drew his flute from his belt, and held it in position like a sword. A blade of green-yellowish light expanded from it.
As suddenly, the blade flickered

Flickered

Disappeared

"Wait..what ?"
Confused, Uchiwaka shook his flute.

"Oh forsaken !"
Stil on the water, Uchiwakamaru sat down, and bowed.
"You win. You find me unarmed"

"What now, then? We can't just leave the spectators down, and I will not accept you ending this battle without a fight."

Walking over the water like it was nothing, Uchiwaka approached the island.
"Well...we could continue, if you insist.But are you really ready ?"

One of the judges apruptly awoke from sleep.
"I'm ready, its not like it is some kind of fight to the death. And I'lm honored to fight such a great and powerful warrior as you."

The watcher angrily intercepted:"Hey, you two. Are you done ?

Not minding the angry old man,Uchiwakamaru jumped about 5 meters back in a single jump, and took a rather weird fighting stance.

"Come"

Danalof started forming 2 light balls in his hands, as Uchiwaka already reached him. His speed was unfathomable, like his legs were propelled by rockets
In a swift motion, he extended a blade from his right shoe, aimed directly at the mages neck. Luckily for Danalof, such a short distance meant a point-blank shot for his light balls. Unluckily for Danalof, such a close distance also meant that the explosion also hit himself rather harshly. The explosion made the two contestants drift apart slightly, so Uchiwakas shoe-blade just slightly missed the mage. But not missing any second, Uchiwaka let out a burst of light from the side of his shoe, propelling the blade right across the mages face. Taken back by this rather unexpected speed, Danalof took a few steps back to recompose himself. There was a red line on his face, similar to a sunburn. He thought to himself: Hmm, if he likes close quarters so much, then I have just the thing for him"

As Uchiwaka was approaching for the next attack, snakes of light engulfed his legs. They were pulsating eerily.

"Kaboom."

Uchiwakas eyes opened wide in shock. He wouldn't ?
"Shit!"

A bright explosion blinded the spectators. What followed made the hands of concerned mothers blind their children. To escape the explosion, Uchiwaka used his light-shoes to propel himself out of his pants. Luckily, he was still wearing undeprants, else the tournament might have ended right here.
Uchiwaka feel on his knees, the still smoking remains of his pants in his hands.

Danalof couldn't help himself, he just could not attack this man. Not now...

"This...this was my only pair..."

Anger flashed in his eyes, and in a swift movement, Uchiwaka moved in to kick Danalof. Not a second to late, he just barely managed to get up a barrier. But Uchiwaka did not stop a second. Using the barrier like a step-ladder, Uchiwaka climbed over and behind Danalof, ramming his shoe blade into his back. As he was still recovering from the blow, Uchwakas second shoe ensnared Danalofs leg like a snake. In a motion that seemed almost like a breakdance move, Uchiwaka threw him right into the lake.

From the surface of the water broke yet another ball of light, aimed directly at Uchiwaka. This was too easy. Drawing his flute, that needed a recharge, from his belt, Uchiwaka prepared to absorb the blow.
Except he didn't

A strong explosion threw him on his back.

"END!" screamed the watcher.

Laying on his back, Ichiwaka took a look at his flute to determine what went wrong. When he noticed, he chuckled to himself.
"Upside down....damn...."

Danalof emerged from the water, ready to bathe in the cheers of the audience. But all his water filled ears could hear was:

WAKA! WAkA! WAkA!
The audience had chosen.

---------------aftermath---------------------

*poke*

*poke*

"You know Uchiwakamaru, I would be able to mend your pants much faster if you stopped poking me with your flute over and over...."

*poke*

"Never."

*poke*

"Ouch!"

For what must have been the 5th time, Danalof had stung himself with the needle. He had offered Uchiwaka to mend the pants with magic, but Uchiwaka would hear nothing of it.

--------------------

The groups of healers arrive at Echogroth. It is now up to Heph to guide them to the borders.

Cities:
Teiichi X17,Y13
Inhabitants: 1119
Pop-cap:1920

Kawareidou, X21,Y14
Inhabitants:556
Pop-cap:1658

In groups:
26 volunteers

0    0    1    1    2    2    3
   0    5    0    5    0    5    0
   --------------------------------
00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |≈▲^▲⌂⌂⌂●●●●●●●●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣.♣♣.....≈≈≈≈
  |⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣.♣⌂⌂⌂.....≈≈
  |≈.≈..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂^⌂⌂.....≈
05|≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..♣♣♣C⌂▲▲⌂⌂...┌≈
  |≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──────○▲▲⌂⌂..┌┘≈
  |≈≈≈≈...≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌┘.≈
  |≈≈┐..⌂⌂⌂≈|..≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲@○───┘...
  |♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈...@♣E⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|♣♣|⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |♣♣○⌂▲○───┘...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂M.♣♣♣♣
  |♣♣⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣.....≈..♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
  |.⌂⌂▲⌂.♣.....≈≈≈┐.Y♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈└─────Y▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
15|⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣
  |⌂▲X▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈V......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂^▲M○──┘..
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠┌≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲o⌂⌂....
  |≈⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠┌──○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |⌂⌂⌂~└┘~└─┘~~.|⌠⌠o⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂O...M.♣♣
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂.~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂o▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲○⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~┌──≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲R▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂♠~♠~~
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠└──○▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈
30|○───┘~~~~~~~♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 04:54:47 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 06, 2008, 07:43:09 pm »

Unfortunately, due to life and other things I can't continue playing and of course, life comes first.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 06, 2008, 10:22:44 pm »

00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |≈▲^▲⌂⌂⌂●●●●●●●●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣.♣♣.....≈≈≈≈
  |⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣.♣⌂⌂⌂.....≈≈
  |≈.≈..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂^⌂⌂.....≈
05|≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..♣♣♣C⌂▲▲⌂⌂...┌≈
  |≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈e──e──○▲▲⌂⌂..┌┘≈
  |≈≈≈≈...≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈.e.E♣⌂ec▲⌂⌂.┌┘.≈
  |≈≈┐..⌂⌂⌂≈|..≈≈≈...♣♣⌂c▲▲○───┘...
  |♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈..e♣♣E⌂▲e▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|♣♣|⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |♣♣○⌂▲○───┘...≈..e♣♣e⌂▲e▲⌂⌂M.♣♣♣♣
  |♣♣⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣.....≈..♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
  |.⌂⌂▲⌂.♣.....≈≈≈┐.Y♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈└─────Y▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
15|⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣
  |⌂▲X▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈V......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂^▲M○──┘..
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠┌≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲o⌂⌂....
  |≈⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠┌──○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |⌂⌂⌂~└┘~└─┘~~.|⌠⌠o⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂O...M.♣♣
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂.~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂o▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲○⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~┌──≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲R▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂♠~♠~~
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠└──○▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈
30|○───┘~~~~~~~♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈

e = Watchtower

Statistics
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bladeleave - The Stronghold

Echogroth - Ready the troops

Translation
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 02:09:20 am by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 07, 2008, 07:34:47 am »

The Hitaikai - Part One

((@Dwarfaholic : Please mention your moves somewhere in your posts, else there is no way other players will know when they meet you.

@Emperor_Jonathan : Sorry to hear you are leaving. Your civ will be NPC until someone claims it or until someone squashes it. Unless you want me to remove them from the board.

@Heph, Nhiphanter and Akroma : I hear you are going to battle. PM me your battle strategies please.))

Turn 10
Year 1, Second Month of Autumn

Wind's rage intensify and dark clouds begin to cover the mountains to the east. Thunder frequently hits the highest peaks, causing rockfall and other avalanches. Is it the will of the gods ? Or perhaps the will of this world, unhappy as it is with the Battle of the Gods.

00|●●●●●█████●
  |^●●●●●●●●
  |....^.....
05|..CC...
  |ee..
  |.....eEc..
  |..n|.....c...
  |.|.|.....eEe.....
10|||......^....
  |.....eee.k
  |N...n......
  |........YM...
  |..Y...
15|.........
  |^nV.......
  |......MK..
  |n.........
  ||k
20|||K.
  |@..
  |~~~~.|MO.....
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~.~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~
  |~~~~|R~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~|~~~
  |~|~~~~~
30|~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:37:32 am by Istrian »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 07, 2008, 07:48:15 am »

reserved

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:49 am »

I'm out due to me being incredibly unimaginative. I just can't face the thought of roleplaying walking across the wilderness :(. Someone else can take my character if they want.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 07, 2008, 02:37:13 pm »

The Real Map! (Map, map!)

Population Breakdown Party!
1 Katytan visiting abroad
7 Katytans working in Agriculture
3 Katytans Exploring
17 Katytans working in Construction
5 Katytans remaining
Net Population: +1

Katytan Diplomacy - The Map

Meeting with the Hitengu

Big 'ole Summary

Loose Ends, Chapter Five

Katytans at Work

(More to come, probably.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:26:42 pm by Navian »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 07, 2008, 02:39:34 pm »

!!

Istrian, one of my split units disappeared! Corrected here:

Spoiler: Upkeep (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Populations and Groups (click to show/hide)

Southeastern Unsplit Scout Unit has sighted something in the distance....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:23:51 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 07, 2008, 06:43:36 pm »

The Drums of War
(reserved I am still in But can't post until i get a pm from heph as the irc won't work for me)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:12:11 am by Flintus10 »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2008, 11:39:26 pm »

((@Istrian, no, no keep them on the board.))

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2008, 04:18:46 am »

After the trouble of the Hitaikai, which indicated Hitenguan new years eve, Tenrai Minzoku makes a further step to return to it's former glory. The parliament as well as the priesthood embarks to move their facilities and personel to Kawareidou, making it the proper capital it once was. With them 200 people are coming.
Another 300 embark westwards, towards the coast.
Light messenges are send to the Hrun and the flamewood elves, so everyone is informed of that movement.

Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2008, 09:49:18 pm »

Mah turns! They have been a long time coming, but they are here!

Turn 8:

Turn 9:

Turn 10:

Current pop:

The map! The glorious map!:

Groups:

Haul ass gents!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 09, 2008, 12:05:59 pm »

Turn 10: Danalof rests after the contest, repairs Uchiwaka's pants, and prepares to continue on his journey. He hopes he would someday return to the Hitengu's city, but can't be sure of that.

Just as he was about to leave, Kcirph whispers from his hat, "Why are we leaving? This place seemed very good for us to stay in..."

Danalof didn't now himself wasn't sure. "We musn't get too attached to a single place."

"Why?"

"Well... I wouldn't be the 'Wandering Sage' if I didnt wander around!"

"Still, what purpose does that wandering have? Wouldnt you prefer to stay here, were you have limitless new knowledge to study, great potential from the people to learn, and alot of possible ways you can improve their lives?"

Thus, Danalof was convinced to stay. He didn't really need much convincing anyways...

His asking for some land was met with great enthusiasm from the Hitengu to provide some for him. He was given some land on the border of the forests, were he could enjoy peace and quiet. There, he started building a stone building with the help of some Hitengu workers. He made a living by curing people's illnesses and healing them, as well as occasionally teaching children about a variety of subjects. (Not magic, as the Hitengu didn't want to learn his version of magic.)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 12:47:05 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
« Reply #209 on: December 09, 2008, 01:12:40 pm »

((Curses, IRC is not functional. Today's post will be short. Still, at least THE PLAN OF DOOM has been told to Istrian.))

Summary:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35