Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Livingroom of the Gods - entrance fee one hug - not game, but RP enforced  (Read 27102 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Livingroom of the Gods - entrance fee one hug - not game, but RP enforced
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2008, 02:33:14 am »

Strife's eyes flutter for a bit. His head leans back, touching the back of the couch. He starts to snore softly, then opens his eyes.

"If anyone has need of my services, do wake me up. Good night. Does time have any real effect on us? Damn, now I won't be able to sleep."

Shortly afterwards, Strife is snoring again.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2008, 07:45:43 am »

A soft humming noise is heard. On the wall above the bookcase appears a perfectly round and flat limegreen disc, emitting a soft uniform glow. Out of the disc, as if it were a portal, appears a young man with short black hair, clad in close-fitting black scalemail, over which white gloves and boots of undiscernible white fabric are worn. On the man's chest are four overlapping hexagonal plates, also white. The man appears to disregard gravity, as he walks along the wall down to the staircase, crouches down and begins browsing the books. Suddenly he notices other guests in the room, pauses for a moment, and speaks.

"I am sorry to bother you, I shall not remain here long. My name is Sean Mirrsen, Battle Controller of the Higher Command. I travel the many worlds of this universe in search of knowledge."

He looks at the bookcase.

"I require a certain book... ah! There it is."

Reaching to the second shelf from the top, he selects a tattered old tome on the mythos of the many Gods, and carefully pulls it out. Weighing it in his hand, he turns to the gods again.

"I shall return it when I have studied it. Thank you, and fare well."

With that, he stands up on the wall, turns around, and disappears into the portal. The portal fades.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2008, 11:03:27 am »

Fenrir wakes. Rising from the floor, he stretches. After a look around the room at the newcomers, he speaks.

"I hope I didn't miss anything important."

"I suppose I'll tell my story now. I am Fenrir. Some call me The Fenris-Wolf, but I prefer Fenrir. My father is Loki, the shape-shifting bringer of chaos. My mother is Angrboda, the giantess. I was raised in Ironwood, a great forest east of Midgard, where my two sons now live. It is said that I am to consume Odin during Ragnarok, then to be slain by his son Vidar. It was when the gods bound me with Glepnir that I bit off Tyr's hand. I later escaped my fetters, which is why I stand before you now.

While not a true god, as I do not have worshippers, nor do I often interfere in the affairs of mortals, I am a beast of great power."

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2008, 11:56:01 am »

The sleeping figure in the armchair speaks, as though he has been awake this entire time.

"An interesting tale Fenrir, it must be terrible to know you're fated to die. Though if Ragnarok truely occurs, I supose we shall all be dead anyway. Certainly a terrible loss, we'll be lucky then if it does not come to be.

I believe I should introduce myself now. They call me Dark, though I have no true name of my own. I have no real history, but am a wanderer. I've walked many paths and shall indeed continue on more, but I shall always have this place as a refuge when the weather turns stormy."

The figure known as Dark then stretches and yawns before going quiet again. Under the hood of the robe, it's uncertain whether he's still awake or simply resting.

((I'm playing myself as a character, fun times.))
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2008, 01:08:49 pm »

Thanasis, while listening to Acria and preparing his reply, was interrupted by a rather flamboyantly named strife and his trek around the hall. He let out a small groan at his story, and decided to forgo his formal intruduction to defend himself.

"Alas, heroes with names of gods. Let it be known the difference of our characteristics, myself the true source of my name."
 With that out of the way, he addressed the hall formally. Again, his voice was like somebody who shouted too much in the past yet it projected through the hall to everybody.
 "Again, my name is Thanasis Ajax. God of veterans, recovery from wars and the rest of those who have given everything for all of your causes. Many times I have walked with mortals to assist them in their healing, and through many wars I have helped. A veteran myself, I will still fight a good fight."
 With his introduction done, he pulls up a cushoned chair and leans deep into it, savoring the chance to relax.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2008, 01:12:17 pm »

Out of who-knows-where a small orb floated across the room, to stop, shimmering slightly a metre from the ceiling. When ever anyone moved or spoke it pulsated slightly, as if transferring this revelation to somewhere in the ether.

((This is an indication that I am lurking))

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2008, 05:45:44 pm »

Fenrir's face suddenly looks pensive.

"I must leave for a little while, I'm afraid. Goodbye for now!"

Fenrir walks out the door.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2008, 08:23:08 pm »

Jumping back from Tuvtuv's backrub, Inaluct gasps

"I sense trouble in Atlantis!!" D:

He shifts his weight onto one foot and cups his hand to his ear, listening.

A faint sound of dolphin chirps is heard in the distance!

"Goodbye, my surface friends! My people need me, but I will return!!"

He sprints and dives out the door. A gush of warm, tropical water and a pineapple splash through the doorway.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2008, 08:55:48 pm »

((You wouldn't happen to be mocking me, would you, inaluct? I'm just taking a break from the forums. I've been here too much and other things are beginning to suffer for it.))

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2008, 09:01:07 pm »

Armok stops spinning when Fenrir stops petting him, and rise his head looking around in disappointment. Then he goes back to sleep.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2008, 09:39:53 pm »

((Actually, I'm not. It dawned on me that I was leaving right after you a few minutes after I had made that post.))

((Now that I think about it, that would be a really awesome way of mocking someone. Now I wish I had saved the thing about TROUBLE IN ATLANTIS!! for later.))

((But still, I wasn't mocking you. I'm not actually leaving the boards, either. Just the topic. For a little while.))

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2008, 10:43:22 pm »

Mystic runes and symbols form in the air as if written by an unseen hand, until they form a solid wall of text, glowing faintly. Slowly the text fades, and in its place lies the shimmering outline of a woman, glowing softly.
Strangely, it does not seem as if any new presence has entered the room.
Without asking she strides over to the bookcase and picks a book at random. The same symbols as before begin to coat the book, dissolving the paper where they appear, until with a flash of light it disappears, and a man appears in its place.  He scowls at the woman, it is clear he'd rather be somewhere else. The woman looks around and announces herself:

"I am the... personification of magic, and found it in my interest to make myself known here. He"
at this she waves an arm at the still glowering man
"is my vassal, until such time as I deem otherwise. The book was necessary for his entry, as I am bound by the same rules as those that use me" ((She is the personification of a magic with very strict rules))
 She talks in a flat, expressionless voice, and gestures impatiently at the man to introduce himself
"My name's none of your business, and I'm only sticking with the lady 'till she does what I asked of her. Never should've woken 'er up."
He speaks in a gruff manner, the last sentence mumbled under his breath. After his speech he sits on an armchair that materialises beneath him, while the lady is content to hover just above the floor.
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2008, 10:59:39 pm »

Suddenly, Hypnon's robe retracts. As his eyes snap open he looks down, noticing Exis is not present.

"It seems my herald has decided to return to the task of searching the Earth for those in need of my help.

Hypnon looks around at the newcomers.

"And it seems we have company.Welcome friends to the Living Room of the Gods."
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

krumlink

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2008, 11:06:26 pm »

Without a moments notice a figure, dressed in full adamantine armor from head to toe crashes into a nearby pillar, smearing it with blood. He attempts to mumble something, but it is completely lost. He drops his axe and falls to the ground, unconscious. A tattered piece of paper falls from his gloved hand, smeared with blood and dirt.

((Hope this isn't too sudden and brief, don't want to ruin this))

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2008, 11:42:03 pm »

Inaluct walks in, soaked with water and with a kelp frond hanging off his shoulder. He strides over to the unconscious armored body, seemingly without observing the rest of the room. He grabs the filthy piece of paper and glances at it.

"Ahem. What's all this, then?"

He begins reading.

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general-"

"Wait, this seems familiar. I've read this before."

He passes the piece of paper around the room for the other gods to inspect.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23