Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hostile tamed Carp.  (Read 1031 times)

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hostile tamed Carp.
« on: November 15, 2008, 08:56:26 pm »

So I have Carp modded to be tameable.   And I currently have them hanging out in a pond (5 deep) In the middle of my fortress (in the main fountain meeting area... except I haven't built the fountain yet.)

So I'm perusing through my list of critters, searching for the merchants who showed up, but aren't at my depot yet (Their wagons took forever to thread threw the trees as it turned out)  When I notice that there are hostile things.   I use cage traps extensively, so I figured it was a stray caged goblin.

However... then I noticed that the hostile was a pair of Stray Carp <tamed>  This... concerned me.

So I zoomed to them, and sure enough there they are, 2 tamed carp, sittin' in a pool.

Now... it just so happens... that there are ramps to said pool, and dwarves/animals wander through it occasionally...

I have not had an incident where my dwarves have been assaulted by my new pets... but I am quite concerned about this.   None of them have ever attacked another dwarf (or anything, for that matter.   There was a possible groundhog death they could have caused, but that's it.)  But it Says hostile...

There is another carp, who HAS killed 1 or 2 fisherdwarves, but I keep that one separated in a cage untamed elsewhere in the fortress. 

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Hostile tamed Carp.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 10:42:43 pm »

Carp have such a fierce reputation that dwarves will run even from tame carp.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember