Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military transfers...  (Read 402 times)

Milskidasith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military transfers...
« on: November 15, 2008, 05:14:58 pm »

I know this has probably been suggested before, but to cut down on micromanagement, heroes and champions should be allowed to have their military settings changed (just not taken out of the military). For example, I want to take a couple champions who wound up being in the fortress guard and put them in the regular military, and give the fortress guard a couple of dwarves with mangled arms and brown wounded spines in return, but I can't. I also can't allow champions to carry two weapons with them, despite the fact I have three who are legendary with all weapons but crossbows. These kind of things are annoying, and since we are in the army arc, I hope they can be changed with other changes to the way the military works.

As an aside: Why not simply make "Fortress guard" and "Royal guard" subsets of the entire military?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military transfers...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 05:17:00 pm »

"Why not simply make "Fortress guard" and "Royal guard" subsets of the entire military?"

For the most part (except for the Royal Guard) the Fortress guard are more like the Police then the army. That is why they arn't subsets for the entire military.

As for Interchange I do agree, however dwarves should notice such.

Milskidasith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military transfers...
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:22:29 pm »

Well obviously. It should give some unhappy thought, which can be changed, or even fully negated, depending on the number of friends in the guard/squad they are being transferred to, their position of leadership, how often they get shuffled around, etc. (For example, one transfer from a squad full of friends to a position in the guard would create a decent amount of unhappy thought, but being transferred into the guard when they had many friends in it would create far less, and the more they got transferred, the less happy they would be.)