Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: [OBSOLETE] DF Accelerator  (Read 31889 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: DF Accelerator, combined, ultimate, all-knowing, all-doing, bugless version
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2008, 05:01:39 pm »

Besides, there'd be no need to copy the *game*. To disable DFA, all you have to do is move opengl32.dll elsewhere - anywhere that's not next to dwarfort.exe will do.

Though preferably not windows/system32. That would be a problem.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2008, 07:30:02 pm »

foreman still doesn't work even after I changed the configuration settings a few times.... guess I will just play without it :'(
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2008, 12:46:04 am »

The new version has increased DF's speed even more.

Am I correct in assuming that this will almost completely remove the slowdown from increased screen sizes?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2008, 06:25:47 am »

No, but it should cut it down considerably. :)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2008, 10:56:13 pm »

Well on my mac,
With DF Accel:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Without DF Accel:

Debug Text:

In addition to barrels and bins not rendering properly, many colors seem brighter than they should be.

On the other hand, the game does seem to run much faster.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2008, 01:34:06 pm »

Sorry about that. I was reworking the texture catalog, and accidentally ran the release script for an incomplete version.

Try it now? I'm not quite sure it'll work quite as fast, but it should lack those problems.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2008, 07:02:54 pm »

Works great.  Thanks for the speedy response.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2008, 09:22:47 pm »

I got this problem, and have checked it against the opengl32.dll dated 11/28 as well as the one from 11/14: going to Legends mode and exporting the seed data (with 'p'), *or* hitting Esc while playing and trying to export an image both crash the game.  Renaming opengl32.dll to opengl32.backup, and doing the same thing, works fine.
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2008, 04:57:06 am »

Can't reproduce. I did add support for map printing a while ago, but the way that works, there should be no way for it to crash.

What's the debugging output?

Gertack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2008, 07:50:52 pm »

I have an ATI Radeon HD2600 XT (Catalyst 8.10 drivers), and I tested if the library was active with the minor distortion it can cause.

My 230 population (4x4?) fort says FPS:1 whether I use the library or not.  Unfortunately I'm dying by the pathfinding, which I'd love to help fix and can't, but the graphics alone are a very small part.

My 12 population (maximum size) fort gets FPS:40 without the library and FPS:38 with the library, so no major difference either way and it could be statistical noise.  Both occasionally tank the FPS down to ~20 for a couple seconds when the pathfinding goes off searching the whole area.

Debug EXE says:

Linking OpenGL
GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_ARB_color_buffer
_float GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fra
gment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_v
ertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occl
usion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_spri
te GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 G
L_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_co
mpression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_comb
ine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_
ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_recta
ngle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program G
L_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_envmap_bumpmap
GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_ATI_meminfo GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_com
pression_3dc GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT
_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separa
te GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT
_copy_texture GL_EXT_depth_buffer_float GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_co
ord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_ob
ject GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL
_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pa
cked_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color
 GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_s
ubtexture GL_EXT_texgen_reflection GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_compression_l
atc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_textu
re_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_
combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture
_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_recta
ngle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_transform_feedbac
k GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_refle
ction GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_
WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control
Expanding texture catalog from 1 to 2 textures
Mouse texture detected and happily ignored
Expanding texture catalog from 2 to 4 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 4 to 8 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 8 to 16 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 16 to 32 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 32 to 64 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 64 to 128 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 128 to 256 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 256 to 512 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 512 to 1024 textures
There are 512 textures, max size is 16x16, min size is 16x16
Decided on 384x352 texture catalog texture
Upload complete
Rewriting texture array offsets to fit new catalog
Grid size: 80x64
DF Accelerator (re)initialization complete
Expanding texture catalog from 1024 to 2048 textures
Expanding texture catalog from 2048 to 4096 textures
There are 2844 textures, max size is 16x16, min size is 16x16
Decided on 864x848 texture catalog texture
Upload complete

Razordw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2008, 10:52:02 pm »

Well downloaded this to give it a try and all was well at the Main Menu graphics wise. However, things went a little strange when the fort opened. Screenshot below.
Below is last three lines from the debug exe. Before that the entire buffer is filled with the Report code 1281 line.
GL error detected in ! Report code 1281 to Baughn.
Upload complete

Further on a fresh start this is what the debug screen gives:

I have a Geforce 4 TI 4600 graphics card with the last "newest" (06 I think) offical drivers I can find. If there is anything else I can provide let me know and if there is anything you'd like me to attempt I can try. Only thing is I don't know when I'll have time to get to it.

Salutes,
Razordw

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2008, 08:36:30 am »

Your card doesn't seem to support non-power-of-two textures. I've got code to handle that - see the "parsimonous catalog failed" line and below - but I haven't actually, er, tested it. Lacking hardware that would exercise it is an issue, as usual.

Give me an hour, and I'll do a few tests.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2008, 08:48:38 am »

My 12 population (maximum size) fort gets FPS:40 without the library and FPS:38 with the library, so no major difference either way and it could be statistical noise.  Both occasionally tank the FPS down to ~20 for a couple seconds when the pathfinding goes off searching the whole area.

Occasionally drivers do a good job with normal DF, especially with partial printing. I expect DFA is doing what it's supposed to, but it is an additional layer between DF and opengl, and will slow things down if opengl handles DF's output well enough.

Not much, though, as you've noticed.

Razordw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2008, 09:23:36 am »

Your card doesn't seem to support non-power-of-two textures. I've got code to handle that - see the "parsimonous catalog failed" line and below - but I haven't actually, er, tested it. Lacking hardware that would exercise it is an issue, as usual.

Give me an hour, and I'll do a few tests.
Ah figures, my computer being a little over 6 years old now and all. I'll be more then willing to test anything you have that may need to exercise this kind of graphics card.

Edit: A new development that I'm hoping maybe you might have some idea on where it comes from. First off I can't see how DFA could do this but now Dwarf Fortress regardless of install (Vanilla install, old 40c install and 40-d install) has a different kind of oddity to the graphics.

Any Ideas what might be the culprit here? I bring this up here as it occurred after trying DFA. However, I honestly can't see how DFA could have changed anything espeically since all you do is copy the file into the DF directory then remove it to disable. Also the problem occurs with the DF debug exe as well.

Edit2: Never mind on this. A third reboot after this started (second did nothing) and some registry pruning (dwarfort references and old graphics drivers) it seems everything is now working fine.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:02:46 pm by Razordw »

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2008, 02:39:15 pm »

Slowdown from 15-20fps to 0fps, up to 1fps on menus. Running on an Athlon 64 3200+. FX 5700, drivers as up to date as they can get (mid-June this year).

Debug:

The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11