Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Horrible and Outright Painful Death  (Read 5845 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Horrible and Outright Painful Death
« on: November 14, 2008, 02:20:33 pm »

I'm just curious what my fellow players have seen. I know Dwarves are ripped apart all the time, but I want to see what the most horrible deaths my fellow players have seen.

The worst I've seen was when one of my miners caused a cave in over a magma pipe and was sucked in. He was knocked out on the ground beside the pipe in a 1/7 pool of magma. He slowly melted in a puddle of magma that wasn't up to his toes. Took a while to die :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 02:24:33 pm by moghopper »

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Horrible and Outright Painful Death
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 02:23:06 pm »

I once had a miner who had her eyes gouged out by goblins.Then they broke each one of her fingers and toes, and mangled her limbs. She also got a yellow upper body, and mostly brown internal organs.

But she survived for nearly four years before dying of hunger.

Refar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 02:26:59 pm »

I recently had a Herbalist torn apart by a swarm of Dark Gnomes. It nust not only have been painfull, but also terrible embarrassing.
Today on Home Improvement TV:
Urist Twolefthand, Dabbling Mechanic, assembles a 10x Crossbow weapon trap.

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 02:30:03 pm »

One of my axedwarves was fighting off a goblin siege and got picked on by a goblin axelord. Somehow, both of them dodged into one of the trenches I had dug around the entrance and they finished their fight down there; the goblin hacked both of the dwarf's legs off and then bled to death. Soon after the battle finished it started raining...so my dwarf basically laid there with no legs dying of thirst and drifting in and out of consciousness in a muddy, rainy trench with only a rotting goblin corpse for company.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 02:32:14 pm »

One of my axedwarves was fighting off a goblin siege and got picked on by a goblin axelord. Somehow, both of them dodged into one of the trenches I had dug around the entrance and they finished their fight down there; the goblin hacked both of the dwarf's legs off and then bled to death. Soon after the battle finished it started raining...so my dwarf basically laid there with no legs dying of thirst and drifting in and out of consciousness in a muddy, rainy trench with only a rotting goblin corpse for company.

Did anyone even TRY to rescue him?

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 02:38:58 pm »

Rescue him?!  A fool who dodged into a trench?  Pfft.  He deserves it.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 02:41:58 pm »

Rescue him?!  A fool who dodged into a trench?  Pfft.  He deserves it.

Better rescued and a fool than food for the ELVES! >:(

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 02:42:07 pm »

I dug into the trench so people could bring him to a spare bed or something but nobody ever did. I suspect he was not popular among the populace (but unfortunately, I cannot check)

Dameleth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:07:33 pm »

My first map basically. A fisher was out in a horribly sunny day, at a more productive pond. Where suddenly he was ambushed by goblins. They chopped off his arms and pushed the body into the pond. obviously armless dwarves can't swim. Second a champion dwarf decided to charge an entire markssquad, they shot him down and kept unloading in him. He probably had about 20 bolts easy, shot into him before he finally succumbed to death.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 03:13:22 pm »

Dieing of hungry while laying on my food stockpile.  He wasn't the brightest bulb.  What's funny is when every I name a dwarf they die within a year.

For the most painful.....hmmm......I think when my hunter and her baby were ambushed by wolfs, she fought them off, but they took the baby's arm!

Edit: I nicked named him "lefty" but sadly he was token by a goblin snatcher after the mom died.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:20:19 pm by ToonyMan »

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 05:59:49 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=27060.0

I believe that one takes the cake.  Even if he didn't technically die.

Hobgobwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 06:05:00 pm »

One was a baby of a soldier who got into a fight. Got its lung damaged and for about a year or so, it kept passing out every few seconds. The mother would cling to it while fighting off goblins. Fast foward, the mother was slain in an epic battle, baby knocked from her hands (still alive), and the mother then killed something like 6 goblins single handedly (legendary spear dwarf champion) and finally died from the 2 or 3 arrows stuck in her. The baby wandered the map for about a month before someone found it and gave it something to drink/eat. Fast foward again, the baby is now a child, father goes nuts from stress and the baby's lung is now at yellow, but from being dropped in that battle, has a broken arm. Father dies after guard accidentally killed him.
Child is finally adult, and is assigned to the army, still having breathing issues, but the arm's all good now. While sparring, has his eyes cut out and bleeds to death.

As for another one, I was on a map with a friendly goblin tower. Those friendly goblins just wouldn't do, so I decided to undermine the place and collapse it. I had a support under it and a lever to detonate it a good distance away. I didn't notice the hunter running underneath when the lever was pulled, and well... 11 floors of obsidian, goblins, and demon came crashing down on the poor shmuck.

There was also the phoenix in a modded game... A dwarf wandered off, had half its body pecked to mangled by the phoenix before it finally ignited and burned up, leaving behind the dwarf's shoes, a sock, and blackened bone.

Finally, though not the death of a dwarf, a wrestler who went from no skill to 2 ranks in a single combat wrestling a goblin because the dwarf broke every single body part (save for organs, though one of the organs reached brown damage) of the goblin before actually delivering any killing blows. Fingers, toes, and all. Finally delivered a killing blow to the stomach and the goblin vomited.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 06:11:09 pm »

there was this one time when i embarked on a chasm and almost immediatley a giant cave spider comes out and kills all my dwarves.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 09:16:55 pm »

Just remebered another one.

One of legendary's was fighting a group of goblins, and was smashed five or so squares away and landed on a fully loaded disc trap. He exploded. And covered a large area with body parts and blood.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 09:41:11 pm »

I tried to do a Play Now! on a nano terrifying glacier. As I frantically tried to build some walls out of Ice half my dwarves were fighting off waves of Zombie and Skeletal sasquatch. Eventually the last two dwarves went insane.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4